Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#971 JanineA

• 2,482 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:34 PM

Ballerina I am very thrilled for you!! So glad it all turned out well. I like the sash and the way it laces up in the back. Glad you are happy with how it turned out.

#972 pamphilia

• 362 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:50 PM

Ballerina! your dress looks beautiful - i can't wait to see it on you!

#973 Lolita29

• 426 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:56 PM

Ballerina it looks great!!! I'm glad you love it.

#974 -ballerina-

• 15 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 04:00 PM

KJT1985, yeah.. I am thrilled ))
          Cindy, JanineA, pamphilia, Lolita29 thank you, thank you! I'll post the pics of it on me asap

#975 TrvlrsChick

• 33 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:13 PM

ballerina, your dress is gorgeous! I'm glad it turned out well for you.

#976 mimi73

• 282 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:43 PM

christinak82, I think your dress looks beautiful, honestly. I truly did not notice any of the flaws that you have. I do think you look stunning, by the way... and i think that is what all of your guests, FI included, will be thinking :) I know that it is hard to stop thinking about the things that make you unhappy though! But it really does look wonderful, I am sure that a seamstress can fix up the problems for you.
              Ballerina, your dress looks fabulous too! Really, really gorgeous! Glad you are so happy with it.

Bride and Groom + 42 guests booked!

#977 tinalv

• 52 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 01:07 AM

Christina - maybe you should try emailing the dressmaker to see if they will give you a partial refund? I know sometimes small flaws don't show up well in photos but they can be obvious in person. I tried on a sample dress at Davids Bridal that looked pretty beat up - it had makeup stains on the front and loose threading around the edges, but none of that showed up in the pictures I took. For a wedding dress, I think small details like that are important! Your dress does look pretty in the pictures but if you don't love it, you should try and see if a refund is possible.

#978 WretchedDeviant

• 19 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:32 AM

pamphilia: Thank you! I entirely overlooked that.

ballerina: Oh that's beautiful, I really love the little splash of color you added. :)

christina: I entirely understand those things bothering you, if you think they're going to ruin your day then I'd go back and complain to Gianinar, either asking for a full refund or even a partial refund to cover the costs of having it fixed by a seamstress, I mean if I found a dress in David's Bridal and noticed some small flaws like that I'd definitely ask for a discount since I'm buying from a store not a second-hand store, the items should be NEW, and Gianinar should be able to give you a dress that you're completely satisfied with.

#979 Mrs.B

• 455 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:46 AM

Ballerina--your dress looks gorgeous! I am happy it turned out the way you wanted it.

#980 WretchedDeviant

• 19 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 01:00 AM

So, those of you who used Gianinar and got dresses that fit great did you have a professional take your measurements for you?

I also found an interesting little article http://www.romanticg...ection/ebay.asp, not trying to scare anyone away from somewhere like Gianinar, I wish they would have tried getting some dresses from Gianinar or jefflieu (spelling?) which both mostly have good reviews though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users