• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#891 peterpanpixiedust

peterpanpixiedust
  • 656 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:56 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by A_J_Mitchell
    I got a bounce back from info@gianinar.com. I then tried the gianinarbridal@hotmail.com but haven't gotten a response yet and that was from Thursday. What email address do you guys use to contact Gianinar?
    I'm getting nervous I haven't heard back yet.

-andrea-
    Right after I paid my deposit that happened...super scary. But it works now. The hotmail is the one I use normally.

#892 roxmysockz

roxmysockz
    • 418 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:54 AM

Might be a silly question - but when Gianinar quote 30-40 days is that WORKING days or just days? x

#893 -ballerina-

-ballerina-
      • 15 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:47 AM

roxmysockz, it was just days in my case =)

#894 roxmysockz

roxmysockz
        • 418 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 05:20 AM

Phew thanks - that means I should have some pictures by the end of the month then! :) x

#895 A_J_Mitchell

A_J_Mitchell
          • 252 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 06:53 AM

Has anyone every used this site to have a dress replicated?
            True Love Wedding Dress Bridal

They have the dress I love but I'm worried about ordering from a place no one has used before.
            This is the dress I want to have made:
            Ronald Joyce Bridal wedding gown Dress #259 Prom Dress Evening dress

#896 JanineA

JanineA
            • 2,482 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:13 PM

I tried doing a search to see if that site had been used in the past but nothing came up. I would google and see what kind of reviews you get on the site. The dress is beautiful! Good luck!

#897 WretchedDeviant

WretchedDeviant
              • 19 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:21 AM

chrinstina: That dress is beautiful.

peterpan: I agree with everything you said, looking at the pictures I'm pretty sure that blue spot is a pin since you can see the fabric a little gathered around it. So thin satin isn't as shiny as normal polyester satin? But taffeta is very shiny but stiff? It almost looks like in the original it's made of silk but once it hits the bottom half of the dress it has a lace overlay of some sort, I'm no expert or anything. I do agree it looks stiff and not as shiny (but those could be pictures...it's so hard to tell), I think we're both awaiting christina's response on how her polyester satin dress feels. It's the same fabric they were going to use on mine and that's a silk dress also which is the main set back for me. Your other changes I'm sure they can fix very easily and without a problem Gianinar always seems to have great customer response.

#898 peterpanpixiedust

peterpanpixiedust
                • 656 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:07 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by WretchedDeviant
                  chrinstina: That dress is beautiful.

peterpan: I agree with everything you said, looking at the pictures I'm pretty sure that blue spot is a pin since you can see the fabric a little gathered around it. So thin satin isn't as shiny as normal polyester satin? But taffeta is very shiny but stiff? It almost looks like in the original it's made of silk but once it hits the bottom half of the dress it has a lace overlay of some sort, I'm no expert or anything. I do agree it looks stiff and not as shiny (but those could be pictures...it's so hard to tell), I think we're both awaiting christina's response on how her polyester satin dress feels. It's the same fabric they were going to use on mine and that's a silk dress also which is the main set back for me. Your other changes I'm sure they can fix very easily and without a problem Gianinar always seems to have great customer response.
                  Yeah, the orignal is silk charmeuse and what you see in the bottom is the lining coming through. I emailed gianinar and they are very good with communicating, they offered to send me a sample of the fabric my dress is made of (but I kind of wish they did it before). So, I will see. I just fell in love with the Marlyn Monroe slinkiness. Oh well, you can't have everything with a knock off, right?

#899 Jodeen

Jodeen
                  • 57 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:21 AM

Has anyone used the site Top Bridal Dresses?? I ordered my dress from that site because it was alot cheaper then the bridal salons I visited. I never order without researching first and this time I didn't. I think I was so caught up with the idea that I could get my dress for half the cost!!. :) Anyways, since then I have read terrible reviews about them. Now I'm worried.

#900 JennandMike08

JennandMike08
                    • 166 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:38 AM

Sooooo, my dress came on Friday. I am not too thrilled with it. The middle part which is supposed to have the intricate beading, was pretty much just a sewn belt made of sequins. That is pretty much the only part I hate. It seems easily removable so one of my BMs suggested that I have it removed by a tailor and have a diff color fabric put in its place. Probably turquoise since its part of the wedding color scheme. Other than that it fits good. I had to leave the dress in NY with my mom because FI was being nosey, but as soon as my mom emails me the pics I will post them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users