Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#71 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:13 AM

Savannah what is the name of this ebay seller?

#72 pvbeachbride10

pvbeachbride10
    • 202 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:32 AM

I found a dress from Landy Bridal that I am thinking about ordering: wedding dress (HS1583)-wedding dress,prom gown and bridesmaid dress by landy bridal. I wish I knew who the original person was. Anyways, it's so pretty!

This thread is awesome!

#73 CrystalM

CrystalM
      • 829 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:57 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Dee83
        This is my TTD dress...I think it would look gorgeous in pictures
        Click the image to open in full size.

That is a cool dress!!!
        I have a fabulous photographer I can share in the United States Virgin Islands in late April/early MayP.M. if interested!http://img.weddingco....pvbh7hxc5u.png

#74 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
        • 2,777 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:43 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by pvbeachbride10
          I found a dress from Landy Bridal that I am thinking about ordering: wedding dress (HS1583)-wedding dress,prom gown and bridesmaid dress by landy bridal. I wish I knew who the original person was. Anyways, it's so pretty!

This thread is awesome!
          I searched and could not figure it out, so I emailed her to see who the original designer is. Some other people asked on the site but she had not answered. She told me its an old Linea Raffaelli. I couldn't find pics so it must discontinued. I hadn't heard of this designer, but thats probably cause the dresses arent sold in the US. But I looked up the designers site and the dresses are AMAZING!

#75 BillysBride

BillysBride
          • 1,255 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 08:32 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Jacilynda
            Savannah what is the name of this ebay seller?
            They are listed as gianinarbridal on Ebay. The email responses come back thru as ebridalstore@hotmail.com.

I gotta ask (since I love the organization of the web site!) has anyone on BDW that we know if actually ordered and received a duoshong dress yet? And what are the prices like? I'm trying to weed through posts now..
            Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
            http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#76 pvbeachbride10

pvbeachbride10
            • 202 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 01:22 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jacilynda
              I searched and could not figure it out, so I emailed her to see who the original designer is. Some other people asked on the site but she had not answered. She told me its an old Linea Raffaelli. I couldn't find pics so it must discontinued. I hadn't heard of this designer, but thats probably cause the dresses arent sold in the US. But I looked up the designers site and the dresses are AMAZING!
              Thanks so much! That's very helpful. I am running off to check out their website now. Woohoo!

#77 DarcyJAde

DarcyJAde
              • 305 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 02:15 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by pvbeachbride10

This thread is awesome!
                I really like this dress!! Let us know how it turns out if you order it.
                http://img.weddingco...r/8vbdydmgt.png

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGP
                [/SIGPIC] 40 PEOPLE BOOKED!!!

#78 KimmyG

KimmyG
                • 520 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:12 PM

I'm still deciding between 2 styles...
                  Paloma Blanca 3802- wedding dress (HS8145)-wedding dress,prom gown and bridesmaid dress by landy bridal and
                  San Patrick- Binefar
                  - San Patrick Wedding Dresses Style 8854 Wedding Dresses, Bridesmaid Gowns, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses - the dress was listed as $299 for weeks and suddenly now it's $345, whaaat?
                  Š±—®ˆ¨¾µ„Š±‰†·…†·¾ŠŽ - (it's Duosheng) Should I be weirded out that the website is showing up in characters and not in English?

#79 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
                  • 2,777 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:20 PM

Kimmy I really like the Paloma. the only thing that really bothers me about Duoscheng is that they have to send you a payment request or you have to pay thru western union (I'm not fond of ) or bank transfer which I'm also not fond of that, maybe if it was to my mom, but not some random company. I found out Duosheng has an ebay store from an australian wedding forum here is their store:

eBay My World - smt-weddingstore

So you can see some feedback. Most of their ebay transactions are shoes. all I've read about their dresses is they seem to have measurements off a few inches.

#80 KimmyG

KimmyG
                    • 520 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:27 PM

Thanks for the advice, Jacilynda. I wouldn't trust a bank transfer for something like this. I wouldn't work with someone who doesn't accept paypal/credit card, just to play it safe.
                      The Paloma Blanca was the first dress I tried on and fell in love with so I know I would be happy with it. I took my FMIL dress shopping and we picked out the San Patrick and I fell in love with that one too! Such hard decisions. I'd be temped to get both, but even as knock-offs it wouldn't be cheap to get both!! Or maybe it would? $600 (+shipping) to have 2 options, hmmm.... Still a lot of moolahh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users