Jump to content

Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here


  • Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#771 roxmysockz

roxmysockz
  • Jr. Member
  • 418 posts

    Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:19 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by christinak82
    yeah it is pretty interesting that all the bad reviews appear now about gianinarbridal... I am actually really happy about my dress. I got my proof pics today... I just requested a small change of the shoulderstrap which I wanted to be closer to the tie up in the back.
    but other than that I am pretty happy with the result... now I just hope it will fit me...

    Click the image to open in full size.

    Click the image to open in full size.

    Click the image to open in full size.

    I am less happy about my bridesmaids dresses though... everything seems a little crooked... I sent the pics to my bridesmaids, so they can decide what they want to change before receiving the dress.. I dont really get why they made that frill so long... it should be tea-length too... I just cannot decide if I should like it or hate it...

    Click the image to open in full size.

    Click the image to open in full size.

    Looking forward to hear some opinions..
    Hey christinak82 - I love your dress and I like the bridesmaid ones too even with the long frill! x

    #772 pamphilia

    pamphilia
    • Jr. Member
    • 362 posts

      Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:39 PM

      christinak82...your dress really is beautiful!

      i think the bridesmaid dresses are nice, but i agree - the frill should be the length of the dress (which by the way, looks super short?? maybe it's just me)..
      ~pam

      #773 christinak82

      christinak82
      • Banned
      • 153 posts

        Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:47 PM

        Thanks girls,

        yeah I agree with you pamphilla, it looks very short on that picture but somehow photobucket stretched it so much that it looks very "disadvantageous" (looks like its made for a heavy midget girl :-D).
        But I have to admit, even the original picture looks like the dress seems to be a little short... I just hope that the picture is misleading... in fact, one of my bridesmaids is only 5.2 feet tall.... maybe thats her dress they sent me...

        #774 pamphilia

        pamphilia
        • Jr. Member
        • 362 posts

          Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:36 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by christinak82
          Thanks girls,

          yeah I agree with you pamphilla, it looks very short on that picture but somehow photobucket stretched it so much that it looks very "disadvantageous" (looks like its made for a heavy midget girl :-D).
          But I have to admit, even the original picture looks like the dress seems to be a little short... I just hope that the picture is misleading... in fact, one of my bridesmaids is only 5.2 feet tall.... maybe thats her dress they sent me...
          hahaha!

          i can see how photobucket probably played with the dimensions! it very well could be for your vertically-challenged friend :) ....i am only 5'5", so am not one to talk!
          ~pam

          #775 wendyjd

          wendyjd
          • Member
          • 968 posts

            Posted 19 April 2010 - 06:31 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by christinak82
            yeah it is pretty interesting that all the bad reviews appear now about gianinarbridal... I am actually really happy about my dress. I got my proof pics today... I just requested a small change of the shoulderstrap which I wanted to be closer to the tie up in the back.
            but other than that I am pretty happy with the result... now I just hope it will fit me...

            Click the image to open in full size.

            Click the image to open in full size.

            Click the image to open in full size.

            I am less happy about my bridesmaids dresses though... everything seems a little crooked... I sent the pics to my bridesmaids, so they can decide what they want to change before receiving the dress.. I dont really get why they made that frill so long... it should be tea-length too... I just cannot decide if I should like it or hate it...

            Click the image to open in full size.

            Click the image to open in full size.

            Looking forward to hear some opinions..

            Christina, i love your dress. its beautiful. I understand the concern with the BM dresses but i like the color.

            #776 jamk32179

            jamk32179
            • Jr. Member
            • 341 posts

              Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:02 PM

              Hi Ladies....I have proof pics!!! I posted the pic of me in the original at the end. I do not know how to feel about it...while it looks good at first the more I look at it the more issues I see. For example on the left side of the pic of just the bodice it looks like there is boning or something sticking out a bit. I also don't care for the floral pattern at the top as the original was just beading. Also this dress looks VERY white, I ordered ivory. For anyone that has ordered ivory how would you describe the coloring?

              Click the image to open in full size.
              Click the image to open in full size.
              Click the image to open in full size.
              Click the image to open in full size.
              September 18, 2010- The Royal Playa del Carmen31 Guests RSVP'd including the Bride and Groom

              #777 christinak82

              christinak82
              • Banned
              • 153 posts

                Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:35 PM

                Hi Jamk,
                I actually think that the skirt looks very nice, nicer than the original...
                BUT: I understand what you mean about the bodice, I think it is just the doll though, which is a little too skinny for that dress, thats why it looks like it is visible, I think it will be fine as soon as you get it and its tight on you...
                the dress looks like its a kind of diamond-white... some designers have this yellowish ivory, some have the more white ivory... I dont think it is white-white though... you see the reflections pretty good, which is a good sign for off-white...
                about the flowers: hmm... I think they are cute but of course if you wanted beading I can understand that you are not so happy about it..
                All in all I would say, its a gorgeous dress, I LOVE LOVE the skirt from the front and from the back...

                #778 TrvlrsChick

                TrvlrsChick
                • Newbie
                • 33 posts

                  Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:59 PM

                  I think the flower pattern will match the lace they used on the skirt better than beading would, but can you ask them to add some beads to give it some pizazz?

                  #779 jamk32179

                  jamk32179
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 341 posts

                    Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:29 PM

                    I just don't care for the floral pattern. I feel like I am settling and I think what really made the original dress was the ivory color. There were various emails with photos back and forth and they assured me they could replicate the color of the original dress. AHHHH it was a risk I took..... back to the drawing board! :-)
                    September 18, 2010- The Royal Playa del Carmen31 Guests RSVP'd including the Bride and Groom

                    #780 christinak82

                    christinak82
                    • Banned
                    • 153 posts

                      Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:48 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by jamk32179
                      I just don't care for the floral pattern. I feel like I am settling and I think what really made the original dress was the ivory color. There were various emails with photos back and forth and they assured me they could replicate the color of the original dress. AHHHH it was a risk I took..... back to the drawing board! :-)
                      are you sure the original dress on your picture is really ivory? It looks pretty dark. I ordered ivory too. but if my dress would turn out that dark I would be very disappointed. but of course if you wanted this exact color and the bridal store told you that this is the color, its pretty annoying..




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users