Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#691 brandonsbride

• 89 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 06:15 PM

@ KittenHeart, what dress did you have them make or did you send in a picture? Thanks!
    Originally Posted by KittenHeart
    Jo - Your dress looks amazing!! You'd never even know it was a knock off!! I love it on you, very good choice :)

steflovesbran - your dresses are both gorgeous! I love the baby yellow bridesmaids dresses, they are perfect. The train on your dress is so dramatic too, it's amazing!

I love Duosheng, that was one of the best choices I made getting my TTD dress made there :)

#692 toriOary

• Site Supporter
    • 61 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:59 PM

I come from the Uk but currently live in Florida getting marrried in Cancun in November. My mum is coming over in June to help me choose a wedding dress. I am a big girl (size 24, 230 lbs) and I have been trying to diet since we set the date - I am down 3o lbs so far but want to lose at least naother 30 before the big day.
      When my mum comes in June she wants to go and choose the dress with me but from seeing all this forum I think I may like to order the dress from China as the prices seem MUCH better and I can basically get me 2 little flower girl dresses as well for the same price I would pay for the dress along here.
      The problem I have is I want to see the dress on first. I think I am going to go around the bridal boutiques - alfred angelo etc in Orlando with my mum and then get her to take photos. I will then prehaps order the dress from someone who replicates similar dresses from china. I worry though if I lose more weight which hopefully I will about getting the dress sized if I need to when it arrives to me here in Orlando.......

How long did the dresses usually take to arrive from China? I am wondering how late I could order it if I am leaving to Mexico on Ocotber 25th.....

#693 KittenHeart

• 3,103 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by brandonsbride
        @ KittenHeart, what dress did you have them make or did you send in a picture? Thanks!
        My dress is on page 47 of this thread! It's me being dumb in it but you'll see why :)

It's a Rosa Clara inspired dress.

#694 barbiegirl_27

• 946 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:10 PM

I just got notice that my dress has been shipped!!!!! OMG i can't wait to see it!!!!

#695 roxmysockz

• 418 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:22 PM

What material is everyones dress made from?

One of the sites i contacted offered to make from taffeta polyester?!

#696 peterpanpixiedust

• 656 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:21 AM

Barbiegirl, Yay!!!! You must show us pics. Day 20 just passed for me not too long ago. Super excited yet scared.

#697 janapana

• 591 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 05:29 AM

Hi everyone.
                I'm having a nightmare trying to find a dress. We live in spain, getting married in Playa del Carmen next jan, all the bridal shops out here have huge heavy satin dresses that cost thousands of euro, and no way am i spending that! i found a couple of dresses i liked from chinese sellers on ebay, but when i looked at samples they´d already made they were shocking, looked like my nine year old had made them! so i´ve looked at bestbridalprice and particularly the davinci line, and i´d like to know if anyone has any experience of them, good or bad?

#698 Margret

• 57 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:31 AM

Barbiegirl, I am excited for you, you can track exactly when the dress is...it only took 3 days for me to get from China to Ottawa! Let us know...

#699 luciel2820

• 474 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:23 PM

barbiegirl im so excited for you, and so anxious for mine to be shipped! ugh its been 54 days! :/

#700 barbiegirl_27

• 946 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 04:01 PM

I last tracked it this morning, and it looks like it's arrived in Canada.....I'm hoping to get it by tuesday!!! and yes I'm totally obsessed with tracking it!! lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users