Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#5911 SuffolkBride

SuffolkBride
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:15 AM

Well ladies, I have finally ordered my dress! DressilyMe had this dress http://www.dressilym...ress-38078.html on sale for a few hours for a crazy price of £77 (about $120 USD) so I took the plunge and got a custom size (extra £10 or $15 ish) and asked for a load of changes including:

- Sweetheart neckline

- Lace up back

- "V" shape on back

- Detachable lace straps

- Detachable belt

- Extra 1ft length on train as I'm very tall

These extra changes cost $55USD so £35.

$28 or £18 shipping

Total cost: approx $210 USD or £135 GBP!

I also looked to see what import tax/duty will be on my dress - £27 which isn't bad at all.

I'm so excited and will definitely post a detailed review when I get the dress and also post any progress pics if I get them!

#5912 Xarocas

Xarocas
    • 157 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:14 AM

Thank you for your advice! I had a better look and the seller is someone by the name of Hua_Ye_Zhang, has anyone heard of  them? They have a rating of 99.6% and 27 transactions, which is not much...

I might contact her to ask about their return policy!

Do you really like it though? I'm starting to realize that whatever I show people everyone seems to like and in retrospect I guess I always say I like all the dresses my friends show me, even if they are not my absolute favorites, because I don't want to ruin their dream dress... so I need some honest opinions :)

#5913 SuffolkBride

SuffolkBride
      • 30 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Xarocas 

Thank you for your advice! I had a better look and the seller is someone by the name of Hua_Ye_Zhang, has anyone heard of  them? They have a rating of 99.6% and 27 transactions, which is not much...

I might contact her to ask about their return policy!

Do you really like it though? I'm starting to realize that whatever I show people everyone seems to like and in retrospect I guess I always say I like all the dresses my friends show me, even if they are not my absolute favorites, because I don't want to ruin their dream dress... so I need some honest opinions :)

This is an honest opinion: I love your dress and have dress envy despite the fact that I only ordered my dress yesterday! (my post saying about it is in moderation). It is beautiful. Utterly beautiful - but then I am a sucker for lace dresses :)

#5914 Xarocas

Xarocas
        • 157 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:42 AM

Thank you for being honest! I am a massive sucker for lace and just saw your dress and love it too!! :) Please let us know what it is like once you receive it, so exciting and what an amazing price!!

Im thinking of ordering mine too and if I don't like it I can resell it or try and return it... its such a bargain that it's worth a try! :)

#5915 SuffolkBride

SuffolkBride
          • 30 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:54 AM

Glad you like me dress too :) I wouldn't count on being able to return your dress if you buy it custom made - even if their T's & C's say they take returns some won't in practice, and you will have to pay for the shipping which is nearly as expensive as the dress!

If I were you I would get a quote from either DressilyMe, Babyonline @ DHgate or Jasmines (or all three) depending on your budget - Jasmines is most expensive, followed by Dressily then Babyonline but I think the price reflects the quality, although many people on this board have been happy. All of those sellers will custom make a dress from a photo.

The way I see it, ordering online from China is a risk, but some money can always be recouped by selling unless it really is awful :) And we might just end up with the gowns of our dreams with a tiny pricetag!

Work has now started on my dress, super excited :D

#5916 SuffolkBride

SuffolkBride
            • 30 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:54 AM

I don't know how to edit my post but that should be "MY dress" not "me dress"!

#5917 krager

krager
              • 4 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:50 PM

I also recently ordered a 2013 Inbal Dror dress from DHGate. It's expected to arrive in about 19 more days. I've also read through these threads and asked to see pictures. I didn't ask for any special customization. The actual seller is Hand Mi Hand with Happiness and here is a pic. I'll keep this blog updated as I get more updates/pics and then the actual dress. 

#5918 krager

krager
                • 4 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:01 PM

I was wrong, the seller of my dress from DH Gate is clairol

#5919 myyooths

myyooths
                  • 188 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:32 PM

so glad I found this thread.  Many things to learn here.  thanks ladies!

#5920 myyooths

myyooths
                    • 188 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by muneera0302 

Does anyone know of a dress maker that i can get this made? or even a site that sells something similar, i'm so in love with these two dresses

These are Galia Lahav, I am in love with this designer but so expensive! $5,000 and up!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users