6405 replies to this topic

#5881 TheoSimion

TheoSimion
  • 7 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 21, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Jamaica
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:06 AM

Hi everyone! I'm new to this site and have had a lot of fun reading this discussion forum! I'm just waiting on a modified design/sketch from enjoyweddinglife for an Inbal Dror dress. Has anyone ever purchased a dress from enjoyweddinglife? If so, how did you find the quality? Customer service? Delivery? Any input or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#5882 calmlywilde

calmlywilde
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:48 AM

I read every page of this thread and finally got my plus-size Vera Wang Gemma inspired dress based on the reviews from "alj" at around page 340.  It's from Vivian Xu, an eBay who sells under noble_dress and vivian_dress and cost $179USD including shipping to NZ.  I'm pretty happy with the result - def doesn't look like a cheap dress!  The Gemma-gurus out there will realise it's not an *exact* replica, but I got the "look" I was after. 

I'm bridal size 16W and 5'6 with 3" heels.

Full details

#5883 MrsAC2B

MrsAC2B
    • 8 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:43 AM

Okay y'all help me...I received an update on my gown. Not quite what I planned AT ALL...I can see the vision of my gown there, but not right now. So here is another look of what the dress should look like and mine. The lining was suppose to be nude, but clearly it came out pink!! gross! I am just going to get white (opinions?). The guy I have been speaking with knew I wasn't gonna like that. Anyway, the dress isn't quite form fitting either, but I already planned to get alterations. Other errors...1. Arm lengths are different 2. There seems to be stitching on the left side from arms to midrift. Weird 3. Not enough pearls. They are very spaced out. 4. The back band is suppose to be pearls not a band! 5. V-neck should be lowered. 

I am thinking about having them make me a belt just add something extra. Something like the attached picture. 

What is the best way to edit the picture to show them the things they need to work on. Have no clue how to add arrows and text!! 

#5884 muneera0302

muneera0302
      • 277 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by MrsAC2B 

Okay y'all help me...I received an update on my gown. Not quite what I planned AT ALL...I can see the vision of my gown there, but not right now. So here is another look of what the dress should look like and mine. The lining was suppose to be nude, but clearly it came out pink!! gross! I am just going to get white (opinions?). The guy I have been speaking with knew I wasn't gonna like that. Anyway, the dress isn't quite form fitting either, but I already planned to get alterations. Other errors...1. Arm lengths are different 2. There seems to be stitching on the left side from arms to midrift. Weird 3. Not enough pearls. They are very spaced out. 4. The back band is suppose to be pearls not a band! 5. V-neck should be lowered. 

I am thinking about having them make me a belt just add something extra. Something like the attached picture. 

What is the best way to edit the picture to show them the things they need to work on. Have no clue how to add arrows and text!! 

i love the original dress!!! i see the errors you pointed out in the one you had made. looks like youre going to need alot of alterations to get how you want. are you going to have them try to lower the neckline (they'd have to remove that beading and do it over)? and what about the lining, are you going to have that removed? id love to see your final dress after you've altered it. I'm waiting on someone to post their dress results from Inbal Dror duplicate.

#5885 MrsAC2B

MrsAC2B
        • 8 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:24 AM

I am just going to go with a white lining. It seems like the simplest route to take. It hard to communicate across the world!! I have time, so if they need to redo the beading to make the v-neck correct then I will wait. I plan on doing further alteratons once I receive it, but they have to take care of their fixes first. Luckily for me I already have a wedding gown. I wanted to see if they could replicate this one though

#5886 muneera0302

muneera0302
          • 277 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by MrsAC2B 

I am just going to go with a white lining. It seems like the simplest route to take. It hard to communicate across the world!! I have time, so if they need to redo the beading to make the v-neck correct then I will wait. I plan on doing further alteratons once I receive it, but they have to take care of their fixes first. Luckily for me I already have a wedding gown. I wanted to see if they could replicate this one though

oh that's great then! they have the idea and i'm sure it will def look more like the dress after they make those changes!

#5887 SuffolkBride

SuffolkBride
            • 30 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:34 AM

Who did you use MrsAC2B? I think going with white is probably a good idea...can't believe they went with what is clearly pink instead of nude! The original is gorgeous x

#5888 SuffolkBride

SuffolkBride
              • 30 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:36 AM

PS To edit the photo and add arrows and text, I just opened a photo in Paint and did it that way, nothing clever, just used the line tool to draw arrows and added text boxes. Quite crude but seems to do the trick x

#5889 MissJali

MissJali
                • 935 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:39 AM

definitely use a white lining! 

#5890 MrsAC2B

MrsAC2B
                  • 8 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:43 AM

I think I have done the proper editing. Here is one of theirs that I edited with how it should look...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users