Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#5841 CdnBrideJoanne

CdnBrideJoanne
  • 145 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:16 AM

I absolutely can't decide between 2 dresses, so I am looking to everyone for help!!  I have tried both on and these are my final 2 contenders.  I am running out of time as my wedding is in December.

The picture below is a 2 piece gown that I can remove all but the fist top ruffle (Laura2013 inspired this one).  I thought it would be great as I can take the bottom ruffles off for the dinner and party.  I am reluctant because I am worried the dress may be a bit too 'young' for me.  I am over 40 and this is my 2nd wedding and wanted to keep it simple.  My 13 year old daughter has been shopping with me and she doesn't like it.  I have gotten a quote from Betty Liu of Aliexpress and she can make it for $199.

This next dress is a simple and extremely light-weight and totally what I had in mind when I first started the dress shopping process for my beach wedding.  It is on sale at a local shop for $350 so I would just buy it locally and wouldn't have to stress about the whole process of ordering online and worrying what the final product may be once I get it.......

Alright ladies...  send in your votes!!!

#5842 Icis

Icis
    • 374 posts
    • Wedding Date:December 8, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
    • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:48 AM

I don't think age or number of marriages should sway your decision, but really how you look and feel when you wear the dress. Since you asked for opinion, I love the second dress. It's simple and elegant. Plus it's lightweight so you can still dance in it. Buying locally save you stress of dealing with online vendors. Are you planning on having a TTD session? If yes, I imagine the second dress will photograph beautifully in water.

#5843 cjfraser

cjfraser
    • 12 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

Personally I think the stop one is gorgeous and if that's what you want then go for it.  That being said, if I was in your situation and had found one locally that I liked I would probably save the headache and potential hassle and just buy that one.  If you don't have a preference and love them both, it would be safer to go with the second one that you've already tried on and know you like instead of chancing it.  The second one is more beachy looking as well. 

#5844 cjfraser

cjfraser
      • 12 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:44 AM

*top one even, can't edit my post

#5845 SuffolkBride

SuffolkBride
        • 30 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:57 AM

Personally, I prefer the second dress :) Its timeless x

#5846 CdnBrideJoanne

CdnBrideJoanne
          • 145 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by SuffolkBride 

Personally, I prefer the second dress :) Its timeless x

Originally Posted by cjfraser 

Personally I think the stop one is gorgeous and if that's what you want then go for it.  That being said, if I was in your situation and had found one locally that I liked I would probably save the headache and potential hassle and just buy that one.  If you don't have a preference and love them both, it would be safer to go with the second one that you've already tried on and know you like instead of chancing it.  The second one is more beachy looking as well. 

Originally Posted by Icis 

I don't think age or number of marriages should sway your decision, but really how you look and feel when you wear the dress.

Since you asked for opinion, I love the second dress. It's simple and elegant. Plus it's lightweight so you can still dance in it. Buying locally save you stress of dealing with online vendors. Are you planning on having a TTD session? If yes, I imagine the second dress will photograph beautifully in water.

Thanks so much for your input ladies!

#5847 ironman

ironman
            • 320 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by CdnBrideJoanne 

Alright ladies...  send in your votes!!!

I also like #2. BUt dresses also look totally different on than they do in the photos on the models. Whatever one you think about and love the most should be the one you pick. it will be perfect regardless.

#5848 CdnBrideJoanne

CdnBrideJoanne
              • 145 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:15 PM

I ordered my dress tonight!!  I tried on dress #2 for the second time tonight and I just love it.  So now I feel silly as I am posting this in the 'knock off' forum lol.

Thanks again everyone for your input.

#5849 1stmarriage

1stmarriage
                • 49 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:42 PM

I absolutely can't decide between 2 dresses, so I am looking to everyone for help!!  I have tried both on and these are my final 2 contenders.  I am running out of time as my wedding is in December. The picture below is a 2 piece gown that I can remove all but the fist top ruffle (Laura2013 inspired this one).  I thought it would be great as I can take the bottom ruffles off for the dinner and party.  I am reluctant because I am worried the dress may be a bit too 'young' for me.  I am over 40 and this is my 2nd wedding and wanted to keep it simple.  My 13 year old daughter has been shopping with me and she doesn't like it.  I have gotten a quote from Betty Liu of Aliexpress and she can make it for $199. This next dress is a simple and extremely light-weight and totally what I had in mind when I first started the dress shopping process for my beach wedding.  It is on sale at a local shop for $350 so I would just buy it locally and wouldn't have to stress about the whole process of ordering online and worrying what the final product may be once I get it....... Alright ladies...  send in your votes!!!

dress #2

#5850 1stmarriage

1stmarriage
                  • 49 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:44 PM

* I LOVE THIS TOO! Have you found out?? does anybody knows the name of this gown and the designer? i absolutely love it!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users