Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

Hi Girls,

Just an update, I placed my order with babyonline on April 8, 2013. Last night I sent her a message about perhaps getting a photo of the progress. Here's the message I got back from her which kinda puts on the hook if it doesn't come out good.

missjali 2013-04-17 09:53  
Hi  Sunny,

how  is  the  dress  coming  along?  any  way  I  could  get  some  progress  photos?
babyonline 2013-04-17 18:37  
Dear  missjali

Thanks  for  your  message

For  the  processing  picture,  so  sorry,  we  can  not  take,  because  that  is  our  store  policy

Please  do  not  worry,  we  can  make  it  same  as  picture

Sincerely

Sunny

If Sunny does well, I'm thinking of this for my rehearsal dinner dress? Thoughts?

1.jpg

Just an update on my situation with wonderxue.. After going back and forth trying to get a refund I just filed an etsy dispute. I was only asking for a partial refund to be fair but it was becoming such a hassle I just said screw it and filed the dispute. I got a part refund the next day after going back and forth for nearly two weeks and a request to cancel the dispute. So not worth it. After all the trouble its been I almost feel like I should have just demanded a full refund but at the point I can't be added. Anyway, just something to keep in mind if you are considering using wonderxue

Im so excited yet so nervous at the same time! My dress is out for delievery today! However I am not home to recv it! I have to wait until tomorrow!!! I didnt see any proof pics before they sent it. So its going to be a COMPLETE suprise!

I will try and post pics this weekend!!!

*crossing fingers* that the dress turned out!!!!

cheer2.gif

GO

Im so excited yet so nervous at the same time! My dress is out for delievery today! However I am not home to recv it! I have to wait until tomorrow!!! I didnt see any proof pics before they sent it. So its going to be a COMPLETE suprise! I will try and post pics this weekend!!! *crossing fingers* that the dress turned out!!!! :cheer2:
GOOD LUCK SWEETIE!!!! I'm sure it looks GREAT!!! Can't wait to see pictures!

Originally Posted by SweetheartAggie View Post

GO

GOOD LUCK SWEETIE!!!! I'm sure it looks GREAT!!! Can't wait to see pictures!

Thanks! good news is I actually get it TODAY! so I cant wait to get home from work! its driving me CRAZZZY!!! I will def post pics later :)

Well verdict is in! Dress is here. I will post pics later once my sister in law gets here. The beading is great. Actually the dress all and all is great. Only issue is the bust part. Not sure what happened there. But it should be easily fixed I'm hoping ;). I'd say its pretty identical to the original. But when I post it I'd like honest opinions/critiques! Ill post the original pic. The pic of me in the original at salon and then me in the knock off :)

Originally Posted by SweetheartAggie View Post

Okay - I am guilty - I, too, have been stalking this page since I tried on a couple wedding dresses (without having any sort of budget in mind - HUGE MISTAKE I MIGHT ADD) and fell in love with a couple of dresses... UNTIL I came across "THE" dress... I have never tried it on but the lady at the bridal store was telling me about the designer after explaining what I was looking for. So here is the dress I have decided on:

700    700

Top of Dress

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

Back of Dress

Dress on London Runway - I just want a longer train

I have requested quotes from:

- Babyonline (no reply yet)

- Jasmine's Bridal (no reply as they are behind on their replies)

- EnjoyWeddingLife ($179)

- DressilyMe (refused to make due to the complexity of the top bra)

I am a tall (5'9") female with a naturally large chest (34D) and a small waist (26").  So I need a dress with support otherwise I just look frumpy - but I've always dreamed of having a backless dress as I am muscular (Bikini competitor at bodybuilding shows) so I consider my backside a major asset.  I plan on having a lace veil to match the length of the train.

What do y'all think?

this is my first post so it may take a while for the pictures to show. :)

Thanks! :)

*hugs*

Hey Sweetheart Aggie!

I think we may be twins from different counries lol. I am also quite tall (5'10), muscular (aspiring competitor) and am in love with backless dresses, which I want for my own wedding :) I love the Caprice by Maggie Sottero, and absolutely LOVED the one you posted!!! Phenomenal. Do you know the exact make of the dress?

Also, with the people you listed (e.g. enjoy wedding life), are these ebay sellers or websites themselves? I'm looking to have a dress made (likely the Caprice), and have loved reading about what resources you guys are looking into!