Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#561 barbiegirl_27

barbiegirl_27
  • 946 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 06:48 PM

Hi Ladies!
    I just ordered a dress from inweddingdress.com.....it's a knockoff of the Melissa Sweet Sidney dress. I loved it do much, but cannot justify spending thousands for a dress! I have had freak outs about what the dress will look like when it arrives!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed and will let you know what happens when it arrives!!!

#562 Margret

Margret
    • 57 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:16 PM

Hi Barbiegirl,
      I ordered my dress from Inweddingdress as well. I am really nervous as well as I saw some bad comments here on that site. Yesterday, I contacted the customer service and they were not really helpfull. I am not going to stress out too much...I ordered it on March 1st, so few more weeks of wait. I will keep my hopes low as I wont be dissapointed too much....lol
      Good luck to us!
      Margret

#563 jamk32179

jamk32179
      • 341 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:45 PM

Alright ladies....I went ahead and took the plunge...I ordered my dress....here's to a long 30-45 days!!!
        September 18, 2010- The Royal Playa del Carmen31 Guests RSVP'd including the Bride and Groom

#564 KJT1985

KJT1985
        • 694 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:54 PM

Can't wait to see all the beautiful dresses!!!

#565 sam33

sam33
          • 62 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:36 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by HereFishie
            Thanks christina! I keep looking at it too.. I can't believe how awesome it is and how mice it turned out and at 10% of the price for the original!
            Your dress is beautiful, amazing actually. You must be very excited to actually see the finished item. Bet you cant wait to receive it and try on.

I am just waiting for my proof picturs to arrive, i keep looking every day in anticipation. I ordered it on 19th Jan so should be ready any day. If mine turns out anywhere near as nice as yours, i will be really happy.

#566 barbiegirl_27

barbiegirl_27
            • 946 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:44 AM

Margret!
              Oh thank goodness we're in the same boat together! i sent in my order on Mar 7, so our dresses should be arriving about a week apart! I can't wait to hear how yours is!
              I really struggled with ordering from them....I love the dress, but the negative comments delayed me ordering by about a week. My FI finally told me to just do it, and if the dress comes and I'm not happy I still have time to go shopping.....preferably not here in Halifax! lol
              Keep me posted! And I'm sure we're worried for nothing, and we're going to get a steal of a deal on gorgeous dresses!

Anita

#567 Margret

Margret
              • 57 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 01:48 AM

Anita,
                Which dress did you order ? Did you do any changes to the dress?
                Let's not worry too much...positive thoughts...lol

#568 barbiegirl_27

barbiegirl_27
                • 946 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:37 AM

Margret,

I ordered BC121, which one did you order
                  I didn't make any changes, and just ordered a set size, rather than a custom size. I figure it'll need to be hemmed regardless.....I'd rather it came a little big, and do alterations closer to the date.
                  I've got a whole team behind me thinking positive thoughts! We just got our wedding date secured today, so I feel like things are falling into place now.....and the dress will be beautiful!

#569 Margret

Margret
                  • 57 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 11:20 AM

I ordered BC044 and changed the back zipper to the corset lace up. I went with the set sizing and figured I will just have to shorten it. Your dress is beautiful. I never tried the dress before but I just found out that one of the boutiques carry it. I will not go to see it though...lol Couple of weeks of wait....
                    Congratulations on securing your date. I did the same yesterday. I sent my deposit. I even ordered "Save the date" cards. So things are rolling for both of us!

#570 HereFishie

HereFishie
                    • 386 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 02:12 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by sam33
                      Your dress is beautiful, amazing actually. You must be very excited to actually see the finished item. Bet you cant wait to receive it and try on.
                      I am! I already ordered FI to not open any boxes from overseas when it comes this week! I'm just thrilled with how it turned out compared to the original... seeing it in person will just be icing on the (wedding) cake!

I'm sure yours will be just what you're hoping for too! Make sure you post pics!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users