Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#5591 cjfraser

cjfraser
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

I would say if you're thinking about using Wonderxue then be sure to order early.  The date I've told her is April 5th and I've still not got my dress from her or notice that it's been shipped although she has assured me I will receive it this month.  I've ordered the dress, veil and a cover up from her so if they don't turn up/there are issues then I will be in a tight place!

#5592 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
    • 381 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

So I plan to use wonderxue on Etsy and she has this amazing dress in her portfolio that she's created.  I'd really like to try on the original to make sure it does indeed fit my shape and size.  I asked her if she knew the original inspiration and she said she didn't because she just made this off a photo someone sent her.  Has anyone seen this dress and possibly know the original designer? LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

Very Pretty

#5593 Traci7642

Traci7642
      • Site Supporter
      • 122 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by cjfraser 

I would say if you're thinking about using Wonderxue then be sure to order early.  The date I've told her is April 5th and I've still not got my dress from her or notice that it's been shipped although she has assured me I will receive it this month.  I've ordered the dress, veil and a cover up from her so if they don't turn up/there are issues then I will be in a tight place!

I will definitely keep that in mind!  My wedding isn't until December so I feel pretty comfortable with the amount of time as of right now.  Has she sent you any mid-production photos?

#5594 UMassRN007

UMassRN007
        • 230 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 18, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Now Jade
        • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Traci7642 

So I plan to use wonderxue on Etsy and she has this amazing dress in her portfolio that she's created.  I'd really like to try on the original to make sure it does indeed fit my shape and size.  I asked her if she knew the original inspiration and she said she didn't because she just made this off a photo someone sent her.  Has anyone seen this dress and possibly know the original designer?

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

Gorgeous dress!!! I was looking at one of the vera wang inspired that she has on etsy :)

#5595 CdnBrideJoanne

CdnBrideJoanne
        • 145 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by happyfamily 

Hi.  I posted on here a while ago, but I just returned from my wedding and couldn't be happier with my Dressilyme dress.  I ordered custom measurements and changed the back to corset. I needed no alterations.  It fit perfect and was beautiful.  Total cost including shipping was $300.

Here is the original

and here I am in my dress

HappyFamily.... you're dress is gorgeous!  Also love the hydrangea's.  It looks like the perfect dream destination wedding.  Congratulations!

#5596 KristieT

KristieT
          • 430 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

I will definitely keep that in mind!  My wedding isn't until December so I feel pretty comfortable with the amount of time as of right now.  Has she sent you any mid-production photos?

I ordered my ttd dress from wonderxue and although I was nervous about it shipping on time it did. She was wonderful to work with and did a great job!

#5597 conniealice27

conniealice27
            • 24 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:44 AM

I posted on here a long time ago and now that I had m

y wedding, I am posting pictures. I got my dress from DhGate, seller Weddingdress88. The total cost for me incuding shipping was $189. I did not need one alteration, as it was perfect. The pictures do not do it justice, but the beading was amazing and intricate.

Here is the original:

Here is me:

My entire bridal party cost for what is shown is this picture, including suits was under $600! For some reason, when I uploaded these on here it destroyed the picture quality. The actual pictures are really much better:(  It was a dream wedding beyond my wildest expectations. I am SOOO happy that I chose to go the custom made route instead of paying the $2000-3000 for the original. It is something I will NEVER regret.  Side note: by using Weddingdress88, I was able to get all 3 bridesmaids dresses (one is not shown) and my dress for the price that my dress alone would have been at Jasmines.  

#5598 cjfraser

cjfraser
              • 12 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Traci7642 

Nothing at all.  I sent a message a few weeks ago asking for some progress photos and reminding her of the deadline. About a week later I received a message that says: 

"sorry for the delay 

Yes i am on it 

Dress will be sent out by end of this month

Please kindly wait

Thanks"

I wrote back requesting photos but I haven't heard anything since then.  Getting extremely worried.  I'd suggest giving a fake date well in advance of your real wedding.  When I ordered, Wonderxue only had 4 negative reviews out of hundreds.  Looking now, there are two negative reviews in the last week regarding timing.  I'm crossing my fingers hoping my dress shows up in time and taking next week off to go shop for a department store dress (bleh) just in case it doesn't.  That being said, the overwhelming amount of positive reviews makes me hopeful that it will turn up in time!

I'll post pics when it does come and let you know how it goes.

#5599 cjfraser

cjfraser
                • 12 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by conniealice27 

I posted on here a long time ago and now that I had m

y wedding, I am posting pictures. I got my dress from DhGate, seller Weddingdress88. The total cost for me incuding shipping was $189. I did not need one alteration, as it was perfect. The pictures do not do it justice, but the beading was amazing and intricate.

This was one of the sellers I was looking at when I ordered, I wish I had gone with them! Beautiful =)

#5600 eq123

eq123
                  • 34 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

I really like the look of wonderxue dresses. Will look forward to your review

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users