Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#531 pvbeachbride10

pvbeachbride10
  • 202 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 12:01 AM

Will do! I can't wait to go back in two weeks.

I think partly the measurements might be off because I lost some weight. I just did measurements, and it looks like 2 inches. Which makes since for the chest and waist then. Yay!

#532 ewok

ewok
    • 99 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 09:07 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by pvbeachbride10
      I love the dress and am really happy with the quality. I took it to alterations today, and it's 4 inches too big in the chest area, 2 inches too big in the waist, and 1 inch too small the hip. It's a little frustrating that alterations will be $200. I gave custom measurements that I had professionally done. Oh well, still way cheaper than the real dress I wanted (I did email landy about this)! Overall, I am happy with my experience.

I go back to alterations in two weeks, so I'll take pictures then!
      I had the exact same problem with my Landy dress, way too big, at least 2 inches everywhere, more in the chest! They weren't willing to do anything for me, so at this point I don't know if I would recommend then very much. My measurements did not change, at least not that much! I went to the seamstress today, my alteration will cost 100$ (dress taken in, neckline small change, bra cups & padding added). Now I'm wondering if I just should have chosen a cheaper seller, since I get it altered anyway... But I've decided to put it out of my mind and just be happy about the dress.

#533 HereFishie

HereFishie
      • 386 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:28 AM

My dress should be ready any day... I'm just waiting for the email from gianarbridal. They started end of January and said 30-40 days. I'm so excited! I can barely contain myself!

#534 JennandMike08

JennandMike08
        • 166 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 01:42 PM

So I am considering ordering a dress myself. Dresses I have tried on in stores are actually 2 sizes up. If I order on line should I also be ordering in the wedding dress size or actual size?

#535 christinak82

christinak82
          • Banned
          • 153 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 01:45 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by HereFishie
            My dress should be ready any day... I'm just waiting for the email from gianarbridal. They started end of January and said 30-40 days. I'm so excited! I can barely contain myself!
            awesome... I hope you will post your pictures...

#536 FutureMsMoulton

FutureMsMoulton
            • 762 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:14 PM

Hi Ladies--
              I used a $129.00 knock off that I ordered from China for my TTD. I figured I would post the photos of it being used for you! It held up through the whole shoot and I think I am going to resell it for $75!
              Click the image to open in full size.

#537 christinak82

christinak82
              • Banned
              • 153 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:32 PM

wow...great pictures... thanks for sharing, futuremsmoulton

#538 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
                • 3,103 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:48 PM

MrsMoulton - Love your pix!!! You're dress looks amazing, such a steal! :)

#539 luciel2820

luciel2820
                  • 474 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:02 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by JennandMike08
                    So I am considering ordering a dress myself. Dresses I have tried on in stores are actually 2 sizes up. If I order on line should I also be ordering in the wedding dress size or actual size?
                    The websites usually have a conversion for your US size to their wedding dress size.
                    I will actually reccommend going by your measurements, you can have it custom made to your body and only have to do minor measurements if anything.

#540 Margret

Margret
                    • 57 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:08 AM

Hello Ladies,
                      I've been reading your posts for last hour and I wish I have read them earlier. I ordered a dress from Inweddingdress.com but I am a bit nervous due to the bad quality one of you mentioned.
                      Here is the link to the dress
                      http://www.inwedding...com/style-bc044
                      I changed the zipper to the corset as I thought it will be easier to fit if measurements were not eaxactly right. The dress is pretty simple, hope they dont mess it up too much...
                      I will let you know how it turns out...
                      Margret

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users