Jump to content

Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here


  • Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#4471 erinmc

erinmc
  • Jr. Member
  • 284 posts

    Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:41 AM

    has anyone ordered a Knock off dress with-out trying the dress on first? I really like this dress and I have tried on similar dress's like it. No shop in the STATE has it =, so I think I'm gonna take the chance and order it. I just need some reassurance.



    #4472 MzChoklat

    MzChoklat
    • Newbie
    • 27 posts

      Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:29 PM

      This is my dress from overseas.  Im keeping it pretty simple for my garden wedding in the dress.jpgBahamas.  I just ordered it two weeks ago from eBay for about 130.00.  I haven had any bad experiences with anything I've ordered from eBay so hopefully I will get pics soon of my custom made dress that I can post pics.



      #4473 vbbbtk

      vbbbtk
      • Jr. Member
      • 300 posts

        Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:59 AM

        Erinmc I did exactly this. I tried on quite a few dresses so i knew what i wanted and what looked best on me. I found a pic online but could not find the real dress anywhere close enough to be able to go. I was not going to fly across the country to try on a dress! Anyways i took the gamble and ordered the dress i saw online from Jasmines bridal figuring worst case i would still have plenty of time to find something else and i didnt spend a fourtune. It came in and could not be happier! So if you know what looks good on you and what your looking for i would say go for it! Good luck i hope you have the same experience i did!

        has anyone ordered a Knock off dress with-out trying the dress on first? I really like this dress and I have tried on similar dress's like it. No shop in the STATE has it =, so I think I'm gonna take the chance and order it. I just need some reassurance.



        #4474 Shell21712

        Shell21712
        • Newbie
        • 16 posts

          Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:25 AM

          @erinmc

           

          I just tried on similar cuts too so I knew what I wanted (actually it wasn't what I originally wanted but when I tried on dresses the shape suited me best) I then chose a dress in that shape with elements I liked (I loved embroidery on dresses) and lucky for me the gamble paid off as I love my dress too :)



          #4475 cnd29

          cnd29
          • Newbie
          • 132 posts

            Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:19 AM



            I think if you tried on a similar dress and you know it was a good style for you then go for it!  I ended up with the opposite situation, tried on a couple similar dresses and they just did not wow me, so I tried on other styles I thought were pretty although not what I thought I wanted, and I found something great off the rack...

            Anyway, if you know its the one, then just go with your gut instinct...

             

            Originally Posted by erinmc 

            has anyone ordered a Knock off dress with-out trying the dress on first? I really like this dress and I have tried on similar dress's like it. No shop in the STATE has it =, so I think I'm gonna take the chance and order it. I just need some reassurance.



             



            #4476 alj1118

            alj1118
            • Newbie
            • 12 posts

              Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:16 AM

              Hi!

               

              I tried on a couple dresses that were similar (loosely similar) LOL.  I just went for it.  It was the shape that I wanted and so I took a chance!  :)
               

              Originally Posted by erinmc 

              has anyone ordered a Knock off dress with-out trying the dress on first? I really like this dress and I have tried on similar dress's like it. No shop in the STATE has it =, so I think I'm gonna take the chance and order it. I just need some reassurance.



               



              #4477 mysecreteden

              mysecreteden
              • Newbie
              • 79 posts

                Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:12 AM



                Originally Posted by erinmc 

                It's beautiful!!! I also thought about asking them to shorten my train when I order.  How long do you think until you receive? I think with Jasmine's it's about 9 weeks.
                 

                 



                Well.. I will receive it before Mar. 25 for sure, and they said it will most likely be completed by Mar. 10. I will post a picture of the actual dress once they send me the picture for approval.  I ordered it around Feb. 1, so it's about 6 weeks for their turn around time.



                #4478 erinmc

                erinmc
                • Jr. Member
                • 284 posts

                  Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:12 PM



                  Originally Posted by vbbbtk 

                  Erinmc
                  I did exactly this. I tried on quite a few dresses so i knew what i wanted and what looked best on me. I found a pic online but could not find the real dress anywhere close enough to be able to go. I was not going to fly across the country to try on a dress! Anyways i took the gamble and ordered the dress i saw online from Jasmines bridal figuring worst case i would still have plenty of time to find something else and i didnt spend a fourtune. It came in and could not be happier!
                  So if you know what looks good on you and what your looking for i would say go for it! Good luck i hope you have the same experience i did!


                   



                  Originally Posted by Shell21712 

                  @erinmc

                   

                  I just tried on similar cuts too so I knew what I wanted (actually it wasn't what I originally wanted but when I tried on dresses the shape suited me best) I then chose a dress in that shape with elements I liked (I loved embroidery on dresses) and lucky for me the gamble paid off as I love my dress too :)



                   



                  Originally Posted by cnd29 



                  I think if you tried on a similar dress and you know it was a good style for you then go for it!  I ended up with the opposite situation, tried on a couple similar dresses and they just did not wow me, so I tried on other styles I thought were pretty although not what I thought I wanted, and I found something great off the rack...

                  Anyway, if you know its the one, then just go with your gut instinct...

                   



                   



                   



                  Originally Posted by alj1118 

                  Hi!

                   

                  I tried on a couple dresses that were similar (loosely similar) LOL.  I just went for it.  It was the shape that I wanted and so I took a chance!  :)
                   



                   


                  Thanks everyone!!! I just placed my order with Jasmine's. What do they say about 9 weeks?

                   



                  #4479 echraide

                  echraide
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 152 posts

                    Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:21 AM

                    Has anyone been in contact with Shades of Pale lately? I was having a great interaction with Amalia and ordered samples right before Chinese New Year, but I have yet to receive my samples and I got an answer from Agnes when I inquired as to where they were that she was resending them. That was still over a week ago. I had such high hopes after reading the reviews here and seeing her quote, but now I'm petrified. What if I do order from her and it doesn't get here in time? She just seems to have dropped off the face of the earth =(
                     



                    #4480 lnlmay2012

                    lnlmay2012
                    • Newbie
                    • 4 posts

                      Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:50 AM

                      @erinmc - I had not tried on the dress that I ended up ordering.  I tried on very similiar styles to make sure I liked the look but I just went for it when I ordered online.  I think if you have done some research on exactly what you like, and what looks good...you will be just fine.






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users