Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

I tried a dress on almost identical to this, your modifications make it look so great, where did you get it from ?

Originally Posted by Lindy S View Post

Okay, sorry ladies. I am just now getting around to answering your questions. I have been so busy! Yes, I did try on the original and others similar to it before I chose this design. I had previously ordered a "grecian goddess" looking gown from a different seller, but decided I wanted something a little more sassy instead. The skirt fabric of the replica is very similar to the original. However, the bodice fabric is a little different (the original is silk organza) and I believe the replica is regular organza (not the shiny crystalized kind though (thank goodness). The material reminds me of various other dresses I tried on similar to this. The skirt is pretty soft and flow, which I am happy about, because I was worried it was going to fill like billo pad. I paid for more premium fabric than what Shades of Pale considered normal replica fabric...whatever this means!? The ordering process went really well up until the last few days before it was shipped. I had been in contact with Amalia regularly and then all of the sudden I hadn't heard from her for a few days, and then she emailed me stating my dress had been shipped without my final approval. I was a little worried, because there were still some changes we were discussing through photos. Shipping was very fast! However, when I received the dress almost all the changes had been adjusted. I was a little bummed b/c I had asked for the dress to have a bustle, but one wasn't included. It wasn't a huge deal though, because Shades of Pale only makes you pay a 50% deposit, and then you pay the rest before shipping, but since mine was shipped without my consent I hadn't paid the remaining balance. Amalia informed me I could use the remaining balance for alterations as needed. I believe the dress was shipped so soon because the wear date I had requested was quickly approaching. I had given them an earlier date than my actual wear date to allow for needed alterations. I was able to have the dress tied up tight and it looks awesome...so much better than the photo I have posted below. I did decide to have some width of the bodice taken in to allow the corset and hip area to fit correctly. I am also having a bustle put in. I go in on 1/24 for a fitting. I can't wait to see how it looks! I have also decided to add the flowers with crystal centers to the crystal sash. I will show you all a pic once I have everything complete! Please let me know if you have anymore questions. I hope I answered them with this post, if not let me know!

Hi, i'm just after some feedback. I've bought the dress from Landy Bridal - they have just sent me pics of it but i need some help in deciding if any adjustments/corrections need to be made beofre they post it to me.

post-33409-138622340096_thumb.jpg

post-33409-138622340147_thumb.jpg

post-33409-138622340155_thumb.jpg

post-33409-138622340161_thumb.jpg

Wow - its gorgeous!  the only thing I noticed is that the belt seems lower, and doesn't have as many jewels as the original.  I think it still looks great, but if that will bother you, ask them to change it.  Congrats on a beautiful gown!!

Originally Posted by helen9 View Post

essence.jpglandy1.JPGlandy2.JPGlandy3.JPG

What an amazing job! It looks like it fits you like a glove.

Originally Posted by Bride2012 View Post

Posting this for RAWalter, showing off her BEAUTIFUL dress from Jasmines Bridal

Inspiration Dress:

inspiration.jpg

Dress from Jasmines:

outhebag.jpg Fresh out the bag

actualfront.jpg

Front of the dress on

actualback.jpg

Back of the dress on

Thanks Cateyedcutie :) Ladies - I need your help.  Now that I've found the dress, I'm trying to find the jewelry.  I've found a few I really like: 1. http://www.newandblue.com/proddetail.php?prod=31431&cat=63 2. http://www.etsy.com/listing/52919909/wedding-jewelry-fallon-crystal-flower 3. I think I like the necklace from #2, but the drop shown here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/69095410/carly-bridal-pearl-and-crystal-wedding 4. http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-130187111425031_2170_8758841 (from this website: http://misunbridal.com/rjewelry.html ) 5. http://www.swarovski.com/Web_CA/en/1035228/product/Lunar_Moonlight_Necklace.html?CatalogCategoryName=0108 6. http://www.etsy.com/listing/58353773/swarovski-rhinestones-necklace-and Okay I need to stop there - I'm way too indecisive. Sorry for just posting links, but every time I post more than one picture, my post never comes through!  
#4 and #5! pretty!

Ok sorry it has taken a while but as my FI has been on holidays i havent had time to upload photos without a chance of him walking in :) I ordered my dress from Ava Bridal (their website thou they also have an eBay store too). It is a dress inspired by the Maggie Sottero Dynasty (which i was told on another site was a 2010 style) Ok without further ado - the inspiration: 400x490px-LL-24aa912b_Australian-Famous-Designer-Maggie-Sottero-s-Dress-MS-1005-_max600.jpeg And my dress: (this is with a petticoat underneath - the 2nd time i tried it on it all sat better - this first time thou it was a good 35C and i wanted to get out of the dress quick smart and didnt realise the waist was bunched up a little hahaha) 396x586px-LL-121194b8_P1030099.jpeg 406x581px-LL-78e74931_P1030100.jpeg Overall i am quite happy :) we also ordered the MOB, MOG and another dress from the site that all turned out quite well. I have posted them on Weddingbee (along with a lot of close up shots of the details on my dress) so if anyone is interested i can send the link to that too...
looks like they did a super job!

Hi Ladies, If you look back at my posts you'll see the knock-off dress I bought from babyonline.  Although the lace work was beautiful, it was way too big.  My amazing seamstress took in the dress and shortened it, but still something wasn't right.  I went shopping today and fell in love with a Mori Lee dress.  The best part is the price.  I just purchased the below dress for $700.  Mori Lee dresses come in three different lengths and because of the corset back, the salon doesn't think I'll need any alterations.  For my babyonline dress I paid $185 and then $300 for alterations.  Good luck to everyone buying knock-offs.  It is a great deal if you find the right seller.  I'm still super happy because the price of my first dress and my ultimate find is still less than if I bought the first dress from a salon in the US. 393x700px-LL-f60ca3c9_MyDress.jpeg
very pretty and great price!!

So I have gone through every single page of this forum...yes...it took a while.  :)  I fell in love with Vera Wang's Gemma and she was way beyond my budget---no hope.  So I ordered a replica off ebay.  Seller has great feedback---100% positive.  Seller was quite responsive to my questions...and I ordered a custom sized Gemma replica.  

The one I bought from ebay was about $170 including shipping.  (insert GASP here). I know...I know!!  I was totally ok with losing all of the money and having to buy another dress.  In fact....I had prepared myself for the odds of having a hot mess show up at my door and having to start the search again and accepted that prior to buying it. However....I just received my photos from the seller and I am very happy.  For the price, I think I got very very close to the look of the $6,500 gown. She even replicated the "Blizzard Beading".  I don't have the dress itself yet...so I will write  a full review when I can try it on.  But I am VERY happy with the initial photos.  I have asked her to make it slightly sweetheart on the neckline, but below are the photos she sent. I don't like the sash she tied on.  I'm going to remove that and buy a sparkley one from Etsy.  Also---IDress Front.jpgDress Back.jpgDress Blizzard Beading.jpg requested a lace up back so I could tighten it to nip in my waist a bit and thought this would give me flexibility on the fit since it was made to my measurements.  But I have heard that sometimes they end up tight.   The seller's name is Vivian and she was in China so you have a few minor language issues...but she was very responsive on email.