I'm not sure I have much advice for you. I'm sort of in the same boat. I am going with Milly's Bridal for my wedding gown mostly because of the fabric. I really want a silk wedding dress, and most places do not provide silk. Milly's has 100% silk satin. In fact the Lazaro gown, which is my inspiration, is made of silk/poly/acetate blend at >$3600.
I'm a little worried because Milly's doesn't send pictures during the dressmaking process only once the dress is ready to be shipped and they want all money upfront. I ordered fabric swatches to help me to be sure about fabric grade and color.
I'm also really worried by comments that suggest a hit or miss experience with Milly, but rather encouraged that Jasmines referred you to Milly's for your dress. Also, I sent Milly's a picture of my reception dress. They told me flat out that they couldn't make the reception gown. I feel a lot better about their ability to do my wedding gown. Maybe you should reconsider them if you do not feel comfortable with Zimo.
Do you have a website for Zimo? I'd like to check him out to see if he can make my reception gown. Sorry, I can't answer your question about the polyester satin.
Originally Posted by Minx
Hello lovely ladies,
I am getting married next year April and am looking for a dress. I have done some research and reading different reviews so thank you for this thread! I have contacted a few companies for a design of my dress. It is the simple mermaid ruching dress from Pnina Tornai. It has crystals at the sweetheart neckline but I'm not a bling girl especially I'm not too sure how a knock off bling would look =) so I asked for no jewels at the bodice.
This is my presales review so far...
1. I've contacted Milly's Bridal, Dressilyme, Dousheng and Jasmine's Bridal, Jeff Liu for my dress, oh and one on ebay by the name of Zimo.
2. I've heard Milly's is a hit and miss but they were willing to do my dress but I wasn't too sure about them, so with some doubt, I scratched them out of my list.
3. I talked to Dousheng, I wanted their top quality which they say is about 500.00 which is probably pricey for a knock-off but a heck of a bargain compared to the original. But, I have been asking them about different materials and fabric they have. I'm just not sure if their 500 top quality is really any different to their other quality? The last question I asked them was if their satin fabric is silk or polyester. They mentioned that I should keep the swaroski crystals because "clearly the appliques and beadings can hide the hemming-stitch." When I heard that, I responded right away that if they were top quality and can customize any dress, I shouldn't have to expect any type of hemming stitch or they shouldn't have to hide any of it. :-?
4. I really wanted dressilyme, but they were not able to do my dress, which I respect their honesty for. =) They cant make the dress because I cannot find the details of the back of the dress anywhere and looks like they dont want to improvise from what they have from the pictures.
5. Jeff Liu communicated well but way too eager to want to do my dress without a problem and without asking me about the dress or about the back of the dress or any ideas.
6. Jasmines Bridal, now I am quite disappointed with them. I've been contacted them back and forth and everytime they were willing to make me the dress for 300.00 premium quality. My last email I asked them about fabric as I do any company. I told them I am very picky, my dress is simple (I think haha) I'm not asking for sequins, nor beadings or even the complicated organza. I just want the ruching to be tight and to stand out. Then the last email they sent, they wrote that my dress is out of their capabilities and to try milly's or landy. I emailed them back and asked what changed their mind?
7. Zimo, I really like, I saw some dresses made by him that seems to be well made. He is asking for 282.00 and I may go with him. He asks questions and emails me back quickly.
I do have a question for everyone, the satin fabric, is it polyester satin or acetate satin? Because the acetate satin is very fake and plastic looking. How about polyester satin? Is it soft?
Sorry for the long post! =) Hope everyone can help. Thank you! =)