Jump to content

Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here


  • Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#401 mctilleys

mctilleys
  • Newbie
  • 24 posts

    Posted 09 January 2010 - 01:02 AM

    Thanks ladies! I'm not sure why the one picture is so stretched out (it looks like me before I lost the wedding weight!)

    I figured the dress would not look like the picture because the photo was the EXACT same one from the BCBG website over the summer. I actually like the version I got better than the original, which was very lucky for me. I think the knock off looks more 'wedding-y' if that makes sense.

    The dress cost $79.99 + $20 to have it custom made to my measurments. For the record, it is a little big all over and so were the bridesmaid dresses I ordered from the same site. Some of that was due to us measuring up because the site only accepts whole inches (ex: waist measurment of 28.5 we put in 29. Looking back, I should have put in 2.

    Overall I am SO happy with my order. Light in the Box even threw in a free garment bag, which is really nice. The only downfall is the is an opaque material, so I will not able to use it for my dress. I am superstitious about my fiance seeing the dress before the big day and we are flying down together.

    Becky

    #402 sam33

    sam33
    • Newbie
    • 62 posts

      Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:24 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by KittenHeart
      OMG!!! This was my first dress choice! How funny, I think it's beautiful!

      All you do is email them and reference your dress designer and make to elegantweddinglimited@gmail.com

      They get back to you pretty quick and are good with emailing fast. They even got back to me and asked me to double check a few of my measurements.

      Good luck!
      Hi KittenHeart

      Can i just ask you, what made you decided on Duosheng to make your dress. You said you had undertaken a lot a research and i was intrested how you reached your decesion as im having the same dilemma

      #403 KittenHeart

      KittenHeart
      • Sr. Member
      • 3,103 posts

        Posted 09 January 2010 - 07:46 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by sam33
        Hi KittenHeart

        Can i just ask you, what made you decided on Duosheng to make your dress. You said you had undertaken a lot a research and i was intrested how you reached your decesion as im having the same dilemma
        Well I really preferred the dress options at Duosheng and the ones that I had seen that people got made just love them, they just looked the best to me over others so I just went with that and my gut, we'll see if I'm right! :)

        #404 GodsGift

        GodsGift
        • Newbie
        • 5 posts

          Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:08 PM

          This thread is very helpful. I'm searching through all the dresses on the different sites. I will make a decision in the next couple weeks.

          #405 trobin01

          trobin01
          • Jr. Member
          • 203 posts

            Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:20 PM

            I emailed Landy, Duosh and gianinarbridal, duosheng and all can do the dress I want (Paloma Blanca 3854) for similar price points.

            Does anyone have any thoughts on the best one for the job. They have all been really responsive and had good customer service- so I'm stuck!

            Thanks guys!

            #406 KJT1985

            KJT1985
            • Member
            • 694 posts

              Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:47 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by trobin01
              I emailed Landy, Duosh and gianinarbridal, duosheng and all can do the dress I want (Paloma Blanca 3854) for similar price points.

              Does anyone have any thoughts on the best one for the job. They have all been really responsive and had good customer service- so I'm stuck!

              Thanks guys!
              That's a tough call. What I liked best about gianinarbridal was that I was able to put a small deposit down and then see the dress when it was done. At that time I had the option not to buy it or to ask for any changes to be made. Maybe the other places do this as well but I wasn't informed of it. It made me feel really comfortable that I wasn't paying the full amount and would see the product before it arrived at my door. I felt better knowing I could back out.

              #407 trobin01

              trobin01
              • Jr. Member
              • 203 posts

                Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:06 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by KJT1985
                That's a tough call. What I liked best about gianinarbridal was that I was able to put a small deposit down and then see the dress when it was done. At that time I had the option not to buy it or to ask for any changes to be made. Maybe the other places do this as well but I wasn't informed of it. It made me feel really comfortable that I wasn't paying the full amount and would see the product before it arrived at my door. I felt better knowing I could back out.
                Thanks KJT1985!

                #408 sam33

                sam33
                • Newbie
                • 62 posts

                  Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:34 AM

                  Hi

                  I had decided to order my dress from Landybridal.
                  When i emailed Lucy to ask for a standard size in the dress she advised me that this was not returnable as she thought the custom size would fit me better. ( I did give her my actual measurements as i was thinking about the custom size at the time on their advice).
                  As i was concerned about the quality of the finish i wanted the option to return the dress if I decided that i didnt like it.
                  I am looking into Duosheng and Gianinarbridal for my dress. Will let you know how i get on.

                  #409 EmmaGaussoin

                  EmmaGaussoin
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 203 posts

                    Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:58 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by trobin01
                    I emailed Landy, Duosh and gianinarbridal, duosheng and all can do the dress I want (Paloma Blanca 3854) for similar price points.

                    Does anyone have any thoughts on the best one for the job. They have all been really responsive and had good customer service- so I'm stuck!

                    Thanks guys!
                    I can second what KJT said about gianinarbridal. I loved the comfort of being able to see the proofs of the dress before making the final purchase. Also, I was concerned about the lace pattern and they sent me pictures of several examples and offered to send me swatches prior to beginning my dress. I thought it was really great how much they tried to make me happy and more at ease.

                    #410 trobin01

                    trobin01
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 203 posts

                      Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:10 PM

                      Thanks for the feedback guys! It is very much appreciated.




                      1 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users