Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

I am also upset that prettypig is no longer on the site.  I know she was a lil brass but the internet is an international community and unlike her in the US, many cultures are more open with their opinions especially when you post pics and ask for advice.  I do not feel she went overboard especially not the last comment that got her restricted from forum posting.  Would we rather have everyone tell us that we are perfect, look great, but truly feel as though the dress is not right for our body-type?  Some on the site are a bit more sensitive than others and some are a bit more open with their opinion.  In the international internet community you will face them all.  As they always said when i was growing up "sticks and stones will break your bones but your words will never hurt me.  Remember only the opinion of those you trust should matter.  

Originally Posted by Courtastrophe View Post

I agree with both you and GracieMurano. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I urge the moderators to change their decisions. PrettyPigPig never censored her opinions because she shouldn't have had too. We are a community, and every community should be able to express negative and positive views and not be fired upon for having a different opinion.

She also had valuable information about Chinese retailers, Dressmaking, the best sites,  and earlier in these pages, she even offered to translate Chinese.

Its absolutely preposterous you would boot her for something this silly.

LOL! I am a tad jealous that you got to try on dresses at Kleinfeld! Did you get one of the well known sales representatives??? $15,000 for a dress??? That's more than my ENTIRE wedding budget!!! LOL!

HAve you decided on going with JAsmine?

Originally Posted by CaseynMichael View Post

Hello ladies,

Its been a while since I have posted. I have really just been looking for the perfect dress. My wedding is next year in September. I am not having a destination wedding but I am getting a knock off dress. I have been in great contact with Jasmine's BridalShop and I have received quotes on 4 dress. I just dont know which one to pick...I am 5 1 and 1/2 and wear a size 4. These are my options so far what do you all think. Also who has a dress from Jasmine's and how do you like it? What grade fabric did you get?

300967_221024151293235_134074349988216_599792_1090764125_n-1.jpg

316510_223969670998683_134074349988216_610702_1364969960_n-1.jpg

This a the top of Gaudi top with the Lazaro 3050 bottom

dress1.jpg

This is a 15llk dress that I tried on in Kleinfields when I was in New York...Jasmine's quoted me 1k for designer fabric and the rhinestone work. I think I may want to find a different one to go there. What do you all think?

Thanks!

Some of the dresses here turned out HORRIBLELY, some of the brides were horriblely fat (when I first tried my dress it didn't fit because it was very overwheiget), some of the girls are horriblely thin and flat chested, OMG we are all mutants! please delete me from this forum because if we are not allowed to express our thoughts just because this is a website for over sensitive brides, i don't want to be a part of it!!!!!!

Oh, and enjoy this forum without prettypigpig, the low amount of posts and pics since she was banned is a demostration of what will happen to the thread!

Originally Posted by Tammy Host View Post

nope...i personally do not care BUT there are forum rules to follow and I want this to be a helpful wedding forum...not a drama forum,

done, account banned...anyone else?

I received a photo of my dress today. I ordered my dress from Shades of Pale/The Little Velvet Box. I found this seller through a differet wedding forum site. Overall I have been more than thrilled with the communication with the company. I have been talking to Amalia and she is very, very helpful. As far as the dress goes. I wanted a replica made of the Allure c166 wihtout the one shoulder strap and detail. I am going to have them make a few minor changes, but overall I am really happy with it. Let me know what you think? I have asked for the sweethear "v" to be made deeper and some of the folds to be smoothed out. The beaded part is a sash that is going to be removable, and there will be a different sash with flowers (similar to the origianl dress shoulder detail) as well. I will decide which one I want to wear for the ceremony and which one I want to wear for the reception. Let me know your thoughts...all are appreciated!

New Image.JPG

C166.jpg

• Like 1

Lindy, is your dress the first one or the second one?

Originally Posted by Lindy S View Post

I received a photo of my dress today. I ordered my dress from Shades of Pale/The Little Velvet Box. I found this seller through a differet wedding forum site. Overall I have been more than thrilled with the communication with the company. I have been talking to Amalia and she is very, very helpful. As far as the dress goes. I wanted a replica made of the Allure c166 wihtout the one shoulder strap and detail. I am going to have them make a few minor changes, but overall I am really happy with it. Let me know what you think? I have asked for the sweethear "v" to be made deeper and some of the folds to be smoothed out. The beaded part is a sash that is going to be removable, and there will be a different sash with flowers (similar to the origianl dress shoulder detail) as well. I will decide which one I want to wear for the ceremony and which one I want to wear for the reception. Let me know your thoughts...all are appreciated!

New Image.JPG

C166.jpg