Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#3911 dshane

dshane
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:36 PM

Okay ladies.... I need some help.  Did any of you try on the original dress or go dress shopping before ordering the knock off?  I'm considering ordering a dress from iweddingdressshop.com but have not gone dress shopping yet.  These are the two dresses i'm looking at.....

http://www.iweddingd...wn-iwdb030.html

http://www.iweddingd...sesiwd8224.html

Let me know what you think.

#3912 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
    • Banned
    • 1,034 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:39 PM

wow...pretty close to the original!!! very nice! keep us posted!

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#3913 emster

emster
      • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:43 PM

Hi all,

I'm new to this site.  I'm looking for those of you who have ordered online, your advice as to who I should order my dresses (Mori Lee) from.  As well, the longer wedding dress is satin and because we are having a destination wedding, wearing satin would be extremely hot.  Is it a good idea to make the same style, but with taffeta?  Would it look the same or similar to the satin?      

Thanks in advance!

evening.jpg1664-112998.jpg1664-113041.jpg

#3914 emster

emster
        • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:28 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site.  I'd like your opinions on a couple of Mori Lee dresses that I'm wanting to order online.  The long wedding dress is satin and because we're having a destination wedding, it will be really hot to wear this fabric.  What are your opinions about making this dress with taffeta?  As well, for those who have had similar dresses made, which online site do you recommend for me to get these made?

Thanks in advance!

evening.jpg1664-112998.jpg1664-113041.jpg  

#3915 Rowe

Rowe
          • 9 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:20 AM

I asked them to check the final measurements, and I got kind of a run around of them saying that they promise that its the right size, it just looks big/boxy because they are holding it up rather than putting it on a model. No numbers, though. Hmm....

I think she wanted it off her hands and wanted to get paid from DHGate, so I'm not sure how truthful she was being re: sizing. I just went ahead and shipped it though because honestly, if anything is wrong with it, its the size rather than the quality and the size I can fix here.

Seeing your dress actually made me feel better--maybe it is the way they are holding it! It looks fantastic, the bodice detail is awesome.

Originally Posted by hilly1gh 

I think they did a great job on your dress!  It's gorgeous.  I agree the flower is a bit big, I think the placement might be fine.  Maybe they can take off some of the "petals" that make the largest circle?  I am also nervous that my dress is not fitted (I posted pics yesterday and am still waiting for the moderators to release the other pictures).  I would double check with them on the dimensions of the bust, waist and hips.  Perhaps its just how they're holding it?  I hope so, because mine is the exact same - no shape!

I would be more inclined to have them ship the dress here - once they verify the measurements, and have any other alterations done when you can actually try on the dress. 

#3916 hilly1gh

hilly1gh
            • 62 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:38 AM

Yeah, I asked about the size and even resent my measurements.  All I got was that the dress was custom made for me and that it should look better on.  I also just had them ship it for the same reasons as you.  I'm fairly certain with DHGate that the seller doesn't get paid until we go online after we receive the dress and say that it's correct (at least I recall reading that somewhere along the line).

Keep me posted on how it fits when you get it!  I'll try to post pictures when I get mine (the original post with about 4 images of my dress still isn't up).

Originally Posted by Rowe 

I asked them to check the final measurements, and I got kind of a run around of them saying that they promise that its the right size, it just looks big/boxy because they are holding it up rather than putting it on a model. No numbers, though. Hmm.... 

I think she wanted it off her hands and wanted to get paid from DHGate, so I'm not sure how truthful she was being re: sizing. I just went ahead and shipped it though because honestly, if anything is wrong with it, its the size rather than the quality and the size I can fix here.

Seeing your dress actually made me feel better--maybe it is the way they are holding it! It looks fantastic, the bodice detail is awesome.

#3917 Bride2012

Bride2012
              • Banned
              • 442 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:47 AM

I believe im ready to order my reception gown from Jasmines Bridal!!! I just need to get neasured at a local dress shop and put my deposit in!!! Im soooooo excited

#3918 Praye

Praye
                • Site Supporter
                • 117 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:24 AM

Good luck !!!  very exciting!

Originally Posted by Bride2012 

I believe im ready to order my reception gown from Jasmines Bridal!!! I just need to get neasured at a local dress shop and put my deposit in!!! Im soooooo excited

Paradisus Palma Real, Punta Cana

#3919 kthun

kthun
                  • 74 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:48 PM

Your pics turned out great!  What photographer did you use?

Originally Posted by prettypigpig 

For anyone who is planning to do an underwater TTD, choose a lace dress! I just got back my pics, my dress was STUNNING underwater!

Bonnie_Jose_40.jpg

Bonnie_Jose_1.jpgBonnie_Jose_22.jpg

#3920 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
                    • Banned
                    • 1,034 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:47 PM

I used Ivan Luckie as my underwater TTD photog

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users