• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#3901 misskim_red@msn.com

misskim_red@msn.com
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by erinmc 

Who did you order from??

I ordered from DHGate from a 98% positive seller Jackson1980.  I think their size chart in the add was not the size chart they used to make it.  Overall the quality was good but I think if I sent actual measurements instead I would have received the right size.  They have agreed to take it back but now I'm out $40 for shipping.

'Gra geal mo chroi'

#3902 Rowe

Rowe
    • 9 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:58 AM

Hey all,

I finally ordered the knockoff dress. I ordered from babyonline and haven't gotten the dress yet, but got photos today! Please let me know what you think!!

This is the inspiration dress: (to be quite honest, I always thought that photos of this dress were hideous, but it looks great on, i swear!)

ja1.jpgja2.jpg

And here is the knockoff:

mydress.jpgmydress2.jpgmydress3.jpg

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the dress. The material looks great and the skirt looks good, which I was really nervous about. The dress looks big for me, and the waist isn't very defined at all, but I did add an inch to all of my width measurements for fear of it being too small! Also, the drop waist looks like it drops a bit further off the hip and may hug my butt more than I wanted. And that flower is humongeous.

I don't know if these are things that I should ask them to fix before they ship it or if i should just try it on and get it altered here. Thoughts?

#3903 Rowe

Rowe
      • 9 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:54 PM

Hi all!

I finally ordered my dress after months of debating and its done! I don't have it yet, but was sent pictures today. Its not perfect, but the quality looks really good and I'm pleased overall.

Here is the inspiration dress: (I've honestly always thought that these photos looked hideous, but the dress does look really great on, i swear!)

ja1.jpgja2.jpg

Here are the photos I got today from babyonline:

Ok, sorry for the big photos! Overall, I'm pleased. The skirt was my big worry and it looks great. The fabric looks good.

The dress looks too big, but I did add an inch to all my width measurements for fear of it ending up to small. But the torso is really boxy looking and there is no waist that I can see! Also that flower is giant and a little too centered rather than on the hip.

So what do you think? Should I try to have them fix it by asking them to measure the waist and take it in accordingly? or..something...? Or should I just get it shipped now and have it altered here?

I really like it, and I knew I'd have to change something about it, so I'm happy with it so far.

#3904 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
        • Banned
        • 1,034 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:42 PM

For anyone who is planning to do an underwater TTD, choose a lace dress! I just got back my pics, my dress was STUNNING underwater!

Bonnie_Jose_40.jpg

Bonnie_Jose_1.jpgBonnie_Jose_22.jpg

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#3905 hilly1gh

hilly1gh
          • 62 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:46 PM

My post with pictures is "under review" because I'm new.  I'm hoping if I just post two pics it will go through.  Here is a pic of my inspiration dress: Private Label 1340:

Front Shape of Dress.jpg

Here's the dress by Babyonline:

Front Bead Work.jpg

#3906 hilly1gh

hilly1gh
            • 62 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:29 PM

I think they did a great job on your dress!  It's gorgeous.  I agree the flower is a bit big, I think the placement might be fine.  Maybe they can take off some of the "petals" that make the largest circle?  I am also nervous that my dress is not fitted (I posted pics yesterday and am still waiting for the moderators to release the other pictures).  I would double check with them on the dimensions of the bust, waist and hips.  Perhaps its just how they're holding it?  I hope so, because mine is the exact same - no shape!

I would be more inclined to have them ship the dress here - once they verify the measurements, and have any other alterations done when you can actually try on the dress. 

#3907 hilly1gh

hilly1gh
              • 62 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:30 PM

I think they did a great job on your dress!  It's gorgeous.  I agree the flower is a bit big, I think the placement might be fine.  Maybe they can take off some of the "petals" that make the largest circle?  I am also nervous that my dress is not fitted (I posted pics yesterday and am still waiting for the moderators to release the other pictures).  I would double check with them on the dimensions of the bust, waist and hips.  Perhaps its just how they're holding it?  I hope so, because mine is the exact same - no shape!

I would be more inclined to have them ship the dress here - once they verify the measurements, and have any other alterations done when you can actually try on the dress. 

Originally Posted by Rowe 

Hi all!

I finally ordered my dress after months of debating and its done! I don't have it yet, but was sent pictures today. Its not perfect, but the quality looks really good and I'm pleased overall.

Here is the inspiration dress: (I've honestly always thought that these photos looked hideous, but the dress does look really great on, i swear!)

ja1.jpgja2.jpg

Here are the photos I got today from babyonline:

Ok, sorry for the big photos! Overall, I'm pleased. The skirt was my big worry and it looks great. The fabric looks good.

The dress looks too big, but I did add an inch to all my width measurements for fear of it ending up to small. But the torso is really boxy looking and there is no waist that I can see! Also that flower is giant and a little too centered rather than on the hip.

So what do you think? Should I try to have them fix it by asking them to measure the waist and take it in accordingly? or..something...? Or should I just get it shipped now and have it altered here?

I really like it, and I knew I'd have to change something about it, so I'm happy with it so far.

#3908 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
                • 860 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:47 PM

Bonnie your pictures are gorgeous, and the dress looks amazing!

Originally Posted by prettypigpig 

For anyone who is planning to do an underwater TTD, choose a lace dress! I just got back my pics, my dress was STUNNING underwater!

Bonnie_Jose_40.jpg

Bonnie_Jose_1.jpgBonnie_Jose_22.jpg

Attached Files

#3909 exquisite02

exquisite02
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 121 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:40 PM

Hi Again Ladies, So it has been awhile since i posted any comments on this thread but I just wanted to tell all of you that I ordered a dress from my dressilyme bust.jpgmy dressilymefront.jpg.my dressilyme back.bmp

my dressilyme.jpg

callista 9105 small back photo.bmpcallista 9105.jpg

#3910 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
                    • 860 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:20 PM

Ashley it looks like to me that they nailed it! Looks identical! Congrats.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users