Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

Originally Posted by erinmc View Post

Who did you order from??

I ordered from DHGate from a 98% positive seller Jackson1980.  I think their size chart in the add was not the size chart they used to make it.  Overall the quality was good but I think if I sent actual measurements instead I would have received the right size.  They have agreed to take it back but now I'm out $40 for shipping.

Hey all,

I finally ordered the knockoff dress. I ordered from babyonline and haven't gotten the dress yet, but got photos today! Please let me know what you think!!

This is the inspiration dress: (to be quite honest, I always thought that photos of this dress were hideous, but it looks great on, i swear!)

ja1.jpgja2.jpg

And here is the knockoff:

mydress.jpgmydress2.jpgmydress3.jpg

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the dress. The material looks great and the skirt looks good, which I was really nervous about. The dress looks big for me, and the waist isn't very defined at all, but I did add an inch to all of my width measurements for fear of it being too small! Also, the drop waist looks like it drops a bit further off the hip and may hug my butt more than I wanted. And that flower is humongeous.

I don't know if these are things that I should ask them to fix before they ship it or if i should just try it on and get it altered here. Thoughts?

Hi all!

I finally ordered my dress after months of debating and its done! I don't have it yet, but was sent pictures today. Its not perfect, but the quality looks really good and I'm pleased overall.

Here is the inspiration dress: (I've honestly always thought that these photos looked hideous, but the dress does look really great on, i swear!)

ja1.jpgja2.jpg

Here are the photos I got today from babyonline:

Ok, sorry for the big photos! Overall, I'm pleased. The skirt was my big worry and it looks great. The fabric looks good.

The dress looks too big, but I did add an inch to all my width measurements for fear of it ending up to small. But the torso is really boxy looking and there is no waist that I can see! Also that flower is giant and a little too centered rather than on the hip.

So what do you think? Should I try to have them fix it by asking them to measure the waist and take it in accordingly? or..something...? Or should I just get it shipped now and have it altered here?

I really like it, and I knew I'd have to change something about it, so I'm happy with it so far.

• Like 1

I think they did a great job on your dress!  It's gorgeous.  I agree the flower is a bit big, I think the placement might be fine.  Maybe they can take off some of the "petals" that make the largest circle?  I am also nervous that my dress is not fitted (I posted pics yesterday and am still waiting for the moderators to release the other pictures).  I would double check with them on the dimensions of the bust, waist and hips.  Perhaps its just how they're holding it?  I hope so, because mine is the exact same - no shape!

I would be more inclined to have them ship the dress here - once they verify the measurements, and have any other alterations done when you can actually try on the dress. 

I think they did a great job on your dress!  It's gorgeous.  I agree the flower is a bit big, I think the placement might be fine.  Maybe they can take off some of the "petals" that make the largest circle?  I am also nervous that my dress is not fitted (I posted pics yesterday and am still waiting for the moderators to release the other pictures).  I would double check with them on the dimensions of the bust, waist and hips.  Perhaps its just how they're holding it?  I hope so, because mine is the exact same - no shape!

I would be more inclined to have them ship the dress here - once they verify the measurements, and have any other alterations done when you can actually try on the dress. 

Originally Posted by Rowe View Post

Hi all!

I finally ordered my dress after months of debating and its done! I don't have it yet, but was sent pictures today. Its not perfect, but the quality looks really good and I'm pleased overall.

Here is the inspiration dress: (I've honestly always thought that these photos looked hideous, but the dress does look really great on, i swear!)

ja1.jpgja2.jpg

Here are the photos I got today from babyonline:

Ok, sorry for the big photos! Overall, I'm pleased. The skirt was my big worry and it looks great. The fabric looks good.

The dress looks too big, but I did add an inch to all my width measurements for fear of it ending up to small. But the torso is really boxy looking and there is no waist that I can see! Also that flower is giant and a little too centered rather than on the hip.

So what do you think? Should I try to have them fix it by asking them to measure the waist and take it in accordingly? or..something...? Or should I just get it shipped now and have it altered here?

I really like it, and I knew I'd have to change something about it, so I'm happy with it so far.

Hi Again Ladies, So it has been awhile since i posted any comments on this thread but I just wanted to tell all of you that I ordered a dress from www.dressilyme.com. I ordered on Sept 30 and received pictures of my simple dress today: Oct.12. My inspiration dress is Callista 9105. Dressilyme quote for the dress was $211.02 US dollars. Jasmine bridal shop quoted me for the dress $499 US dollars. I chose Dressilyme because they weren't the most expensive and they aren't the cheapest. They do have great customer service thus far. Also they have great reviews on project wedding forum. I will try and post pictures; so sorry if the pictures are really large. I thinking about asking dressilyme to add more scattered beads to the front and back of the skirt and I was wondering if they could send closer pictures of the hip detail and closer pictures of the bust. On the bust I can't tell if the larger beads are "diamonds" or sequins.  I don't want sequins so if you think they are sequins please tell memy dressilyme bust.jpgmy dressilymefront.jpg.my dressilyme back.bmp

my dressilyme.jpg

callista 9105 small back photo.bmpcallista 9105.jpg