• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#3811 ericka417

ericka417
  • Site Supporter
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:25 AM

Ecofrugal

depends on which store you use.  Most can have the dress ready by then with out a problem.  If you read the other posts you know which ones to stay away from.

#3812 ericka417

ericka417
    • Site Supporter
    • 97 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:29 AM

The shorter material wont flow as well as the longer material.  If you want "flowy" you will need more material.

Originally Posted by shishkabobbett 

Okay, I need some help with my reception dress.  The first pictures they sent me of it seemed like it really had potential and I love the way that the layers draped, but once I asked them to shorten the length, and make the split start a little lower on the leg, it lost that drapey look that I wanted, and I don't really know why.  Does anybody have any ideas on what I can ask them to do to make it more flowey at the bottom?

Here is my inspiration (from 2 different dresses, the bottom is my main concern)

img_4003.jpg

Here are the first pictures they sent me and the changes I asked them to make:

reception dress revisions 3.jpg

And here is the way the dress looks now:

IMG_5636.jpg

IMG_5687.jpg

Any ideas?

#3813 ericka417

ericka417
      • Site Supporter
      • 97 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:31 AM

OK i ordered a very simple dress from babyonline.  I discussed having pictures sent before the dress is sent out. Like some others i also received no pics and then received a message stating the dress was shipped.  How do you know if you have received a false shipping number?  

#3814 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
        • 860 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:13 AM

My status was set to "shipped" but when I contacted Babyonline they assured me they still had it and sent me pics. A week ago I asked them to remove a row of beading that wasn't supposed to be there and it would take 1-2 days, every day I get an email saying they will send tomorrow. It's been almost 6 weeks now since I placed the order and I am anxious to get the final pics and get it shipped.

Anyways, drop them a mail and ask if they still have it and if so to send you pictures.

Originally Posted by ericka417 

OK i ordered a very simple dress from babyonline.  I discussed having pictures sent before the dress is sent out. Like some others i also received no pics and then received a message stating the dress was shipped.  How do you know if you have received a false shipping number?  

#3815 kthun

kthun
          • 74 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:54 PM

I agree that you loose the drape when you decided to shorten the length.  It still looks good but maybe you could add more volume underneath.  Not sure if that would help or not.  Sorry!

Okay, I need some help with my reception dress.  The first pictures they sent me of it seemed like it really had potential and I love the way that the layers draped, but once I asked them to shorten the length, and make the split start a little lower on the leg, it lost that drapey look that I wanted, and I don't really know why.  Does anybody have any ideas on what I can ask them to do to make it more flowey at the bottom?

Here is my inspiration (from 2 different dresses, the bottom is my main concern)

img_4003.jpg

IMG_5636.jpg

IMG_5687.jpg

Any ideas?

#3816 hilly1gh

hilly1gh
            • 62 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:09 PM

Ask them to add some of that material you see under ball gown style dresses or balleria costumes that give them fluff.

#3817 FutureMrsLewis

FutureMrsLewis
              • 583 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:57 PM

IMG_5636.jpg

Any ideas?

I also agree that more length = more "flowy" lines, however I also have to add that the angle of the split looks a little different on both dresses.  On the top "long" skirt, the angle of the split looks very tight and the skirt appears to be wider at the bottom, so it gathers more as it falls away from your hips.  The bottom "short" skirt seems to have a wider split, and the material seems as though it is just barely wide enough at the bottom.  I'm not sure if that makes sense or not, it makes sense in my head at least?  Let me try to attach a paint drawing (don't judge, I'm not artist!  lol)

skirts.jpg

Okay, it's a crude drawing, I know.  But it helps explain my point.  It looks like the top skirt opens wider at the bottom (if the material was laid flat and completely spread out) and has a smaller split while the second skirt doesn't open nearly as wide at the bottom and has a wider split.  So I think if they make the skirt wider at the bottom, your problem MAY be solved.  I'm no dress maker, but after watching my seamstress pretty much re-build my dress from scratch, I've noticed how material tends to fall naturally and that's what it looks like to me.  Again, I may very well be wrong, but it's worth a try :)

HTH!!

#3818 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
                • 860 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:46 AM

So I finally got the updated pictures from Babyonline! Overall I really like it and think they did a good job. I do however HATE the belt/sash, but for the price I'm not sure I could really expect any more. What do you girls think?

DHGate 12.jpg

DHGate 13.jpg

DHGate 14.jpg

DHGate 15.jpg

DHGate 16.jpg

DHGate 17.jpg

#3819 hatfiehm

hatfiehm
                  • 270 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:20 AM

I think it looks so much better! Perhaps you can remove the belt. It also seems like it should be lower at the natural waist, though due to the detail of the dress, I don't think it's necessary at all!

Holly

#3820 shishkabobbett

shishkabobbett
                    • 30 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:10 AM

Thanks FutureMrsLewis! That helps a lot :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users