Jump to content

Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here


  • Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#3791 erinmc

erinmc
  • Jr. Member
  • 284 posts

    Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:27 AM

    I got quotes on this dress with mermaid silohette, lace-up back and detachable one-shoulder strap. They say they can do. Here's what I got:

    Babyonline: $170 -- not sure they understand my reequests

    Gianinar: $350+ $59 shipping-- they require $200 unreturnable deposit--after dress is finished they will send several pics before sending.

    Jasmine: $519

     

     

     

    Attached Files



    #3792 JoanneIreland

    JoanneIreland
    • Member
    • 860 posts

      Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:40 AM

      For something as detailed as this I think you will need to go with the higher quality option of Jasmine. It's only $100 more than Gianinar but WAY less than full price in a store here.

       

      Originally Posted by erinmc 

      I got quotes on this dress with mermaid silohette, lace-up back and detachable one-shoulder strap. They say they can do. Here's what I got:

      Babyonline: $170 -- not sure they understand my reequests

      Gianinar: $350+ $59 shipping-- they require $200 unreturnable deposit--after dress is finished they will send several pics before sending.

      Jasmine: $519

       

       

       



       

      Attached Files



      #3793 erinmc

      erinmc
      • Jr. Member
      • 284 posts

        Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:42 AM



        Originally Posted by JoanneIreland 

        For something as detailed as this I think you will need to go with the higher quality option of Jasmine. It's only $100 more than Gianinar but WAY less than full price in a store here.

         



         



         



        I got quotes on this dress with mermaid silohette, lace-up back and detachable one-shoulder strap. They say they can do. Here's what I got:

        Babyonline: $170 -- not sure they understand my reequests

        Gianinar: $350+ $59 shipping-- they require $200 unreturnable deposit--after dress is finished they will send several pics before sending.

        Jasmine: $519

         

         

         

        UGH I can't get the picture to post with out the attachment!!~!!!

        Attached Files



        #3794 JoanneIreland

        JoanneIreland
        • Member
        • 860 posts

          Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:53 AM

          Erin here is your dress :

           

          dress_1.jpg



          #3795 vbbbtk

          vbbbtk
          • Jr. Member
          • 300 posts

            Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:03 PM


            I have no experience with Babyonline or Gianinar but I was/am extremely happy with my experience with Jasmines Bridal.  They were always very promt in returning emails and answering all questions.  I also placed 1/2 down deposit and then once recieving my pictures of my dress, yes they were on a manequin, I was able to make comments, alterations and recieved yet another set of pictures after things had been altered and once I oked the dress they charged me the remainder.  Based off of my experience I would recommend Jasmines!  My dress was not nearly as detailed but if you look at some of the work they have done it might help to give you a better opinion on what type of work they can do.

            Originally Posted by erinmc 

            I got quotes on this dress with mermaid silohette, lace-up back and detachable one-shoulder strap. They say they can do. Here's what I got:

            Babyonline: $170 -- not sure they understand my reequests

            Gianinar: $350+ $59 shipping-- they require $200 unreturnable deposit--after dress is finished they will send several pics before sending.

            Jasmine: $519

             

             

             



             

            Attached Files



            #3796 kthun

            kthun
            • Newbie
            • 74 posts

              Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:26 PM


              I agree with taking off the second row of beading.  Other than that I think it looks great.  The lace on the bottom looks really good.  Look at it this way, even if you have to have some alterations it will still probably be less than your inspiration dress.  Post pics when you get it!
               

              Originally Posted by JoanneIreland 

              I emailed babyonline this morning and said I wanted to cancel my order as they've been telling me for almost 2 weeks now that they would email me pictures but didn't, but magicaly about an hour later I got my pictures, which you can see below. What do you think? I've asked them to remove the second row of beading (had never requested that) :

               

              DHGate 8.jpg

              DHGate 9.jpg

               

              DHGate 10.jpg

               

              Any honest feedback would be appreciated! 

              Besides asking to remove the second row of beading, do you have any other advice or suggestions?

              I also asked them to confirm if boning and if so how many.

               



               



              #3797 erinmc

              erinmc
              • Jr. Member
              • 284 posts

                Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:14 PM

                Thanks a bunch!!

                Erin here is your dress :

                 

                dress_1.jpg



                 



                #3798 erinmc

                erinmc
                • Jr. Member
                • 284 posts

                  Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:22 PM


                  Thanks I think I will go with Jasmine's. I did look at there pictures and this dress is on there and looks amazing!!! My wedding isn't until 10/2012. When is it suggested to order? I know i have plenty of time. I would like to lose 30 lbs. Did you go to a professional to get measurements?

                  Originally Posted by vbbbtk 


                  I have no experience with Babyonline or Gianinar but I was/am extremely happy with my experience with Jasmines Bridal.  They were always very promt in returning emails and answering all questions.  I also placed 1/2 down deposit and then once recieving my pictures of my dress, yes they were on a manequin, I was able to make comments, alterations and recieved yet another set of pictures after things had been altered and once I oked the dress they charged me the remainder.  Based off of my experience I would recommend Jasmines!  My dress was not nearly as detailed but if you look at some of the work they have done it might help to give you a better opinion on what type of work they can do.



                   


                   

                   



                  #3799 jbmarch2012

                  jbmarch2012
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 460 posts

                    Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:37 PM

                    Just wanted to share a dress a friend of mine ordered from Jasmine's Bridal. The inspiration is by SarahSeven.

                     

                    practically_perfect.jpgIMG_3193.JPGIMG_3194.JPGIMG_0330.JPG



                    #3800 erinmc

                    erinmc
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 284 posts

                      Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:47 PM

                      Gorgeous!!! Very Beachy
                       

                      Originally Posted by jbmarch2012 

                      Just wanted to share a dress a friend of mine ordered from Jasmine's Bridal. The inspiration is by SarahSeven.

                       

                      practically_perfect.jpgIMG_3193.JPGIMG_3194.JPGIMG_0330.JPG



                       






                      1 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users