Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#3661 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
  • Banned
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:22 PM

ok girls, I got my pro pics from Sascha Gluck.  For those who are getting married in Cancun/Rivera Mayan area and still shopping for a photog, I highly recommend him

so here are some shots with the dresses made by Babyonline

B_J-065.jpgB_J-687.jpgB_J-499.jpgB_J-513.jpgB_J-534.jpgB_J-101.jpg

Attached Files

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#3662 misskim_red@msn.com

misskim_red@msn.com
    • 144 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:11 AM

I had been considering getting this dress dress made as a knock but then found it at a going out of business sale.  I don't have a use for the style any  more.  So if you are interested in this dress why pay a knock off price when you can get this for same price.  Here's an authentic Maggie Sottero RD1044.  I'm selling on ebay but will sell outside of ebay for $300 if it doesn't sell (then no ebay fees!)

If you are interested let me know.

Here's the link:

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1555.l2649

'Gra geal mo chroi'

#3663 Agus

Agus
      • 24 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:00 AM

You know what? If I had not already ordered my dress when I found this forum, I would have went with them too. However I am glad that I ordered where I did because that just one more resource for a place to go to for it. There is another dress made by vipweddingdresses.com in a weddingwire forum and it is the only reference I had to go on when I chose this place. But, in this forum there are plenty references, truth is if it's coming from Suzhou, China (hope I spelled it right), it is probably coming from the "dressmaking district" --an entire cluster of businesses that specialize in wedding dresses. I think they all keep just about the same skills.

Originally Posted by cbandemer 

I think I am going to have to check out the babyonline then since everyone seems to be having good reports about them.

#3664 Agus

Agus
        • 24 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:03 AM

I am digging the photography. Very cute couple you two make. Happy for ya! The dress you're wearing on the dance floor really worked well for you as well.

Originally Posted by prettypigpig 

ok girls, I got my pro pics from Sascha Gluck.  For those who are getting married in Cancun/Rivera Mayan area and still shopping for a photog, I highly recommend him

#3665 erinmc

erinmc
          • 284 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 09:24 AM

Thanks What do you think?? Babyonline??? I think I would like a lace up corset style back. Thoughts??

Beautiful, looks a bit like Kim K's 2nd wedding dress!

#3666 erinmc

erinmc
            • 284 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 09:25 AM

Gorgeous!!

Originally Posted by prettypigpig 

#3667 hilly1gh

hilly1gh
              • 62 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:47 PM

Hi Ladies,

I think I found my dress!  Now I need help choosing who can make it the best.  I actually love the top and back of Private Label by G 1340; but love the bottom of Private Label by G 1312 (because the lace is rounded and finished at the very bottom and the lace design goes all the way down the front seams, instead of showing any of the seam - which it does on the 1340).  The 1340 I tried on in the store was Ivory with Rum accented lace.  I love it when the lace is accented with a slightly darker color like champagne or rum.  I'm not sure if the below pictures do it any justice, but you get the idea.  Any recommendations on which online "knock-off" site I should use??  

Prettypigpig - I love your dress and the lace job on it - I think you said you used Babyonline.  Do you think they'd be able to do the color accent I want and all the beading?

Private Label 1340

1340  private_label_by_g_1340_fshl.jpg

Private-Label-by-G-Mermaid-1340-white-2008-2.jpg

Private Label 1312

private_label_by_g_1312_fshm.jpg       private_label_by_g_1312_back.jpg

thanks,

Erin

#3668 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
                • Banned
                • 1,034 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:08 PM

Hilly,

Beadings..I think babyonline can do it...color accent, u will have to ask if they have those material available.

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#3669 happytime

happytime
                  • Banned
                  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:33 PM

What about elegantpark?

Look at this!

Lemon.jpg

#3670 vbbbtk

vbbbtk
                    • 300 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:02 AM

Prettypigpig..  You pictures look amaizing.  Congrats again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users