Jump to content

Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here


  • Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#3521 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
  • Banned
  • 1,034 posts

    Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:19 PM

    yeah..I know hormone injected meat, genetically modified vege, junk food don't help much.  My 16 yrs old cousin in Australia too turned into a monster size chick, with arms that are the size of my legs, and her torso is so thick that I don't think a bullet could fly thru.  I swear..even the great white sharks won't bite her because they may have a heart attack after one bite.  My dad nicknamed her..Gozilla! LOL

     

    To be fair, my dad is a very skinny chef who looks like a 40 yrs old man because of his diet, a lot of organic vege, low carb, high protein diet.  I was fed like this since I was a  baby, so I don't like bread, rice, pasta...I love soups, fish, and lean meat...oh..and red wine in general..I am a very picky eater too.  Thus, it is no surprise that I am a 00p, or Gap kids size 12, much much skinnier than Chinese chick's average, the dressmakers were a bit shock.

     

    I guess the dressmakers will eventually get used to X-men generation brides. However for now, if any bride is at the outer range sizes, she MUST be clear and precise with the dressmaker or else...the dress may have a weird cut or fit.


    Bonnie

    Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen


    #3522 sqktong

    sqktong
    • Banned
    • 1 posts

      Posted 07 August 2011 - 06:29 PM

      Creative and funny wedding cake toppers
      Creative ideas for wedding decorations
      Cute flower girl dress, the fashion trending
      Elegant headwear and DIY wedding accessories for bridesmaids and brides



      #3523 Gin Bootles

      Gin Bootles
      • Jr. Member
      • 260 posts

        Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:55 PM

        i am very nervous about ordering one online, however i read the return policy and i am saving the emails so hopefully everything works out.. it is hard to find bridal shops that carry plus size gowns. i am considered plus size not only because i am a little bit "curvy" but i also have a big rack, and a curved spine.. sooooo i have to buy a dress 2 sizes up to just fit the upper part.. argh i hate shopping for dresses. no matter how much weight i will lose, i will never be a medium or a small, i will always be a large or xl


        All because, two people fell in love!


        #3524 noelles

        noelles
        • Site Supporter
        • 68 posts

          Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:13 PM

          mutant check in here too, and honestly, the entire wedding dress prospect was painful at the end of the day though I found something and it seems as though you are finding your way to happy with your gown, let us know how amazing it was when all is said and done!


          February 1, 2012, 4pm Aventura Cove Palace

          21 booked and counting


          #3525 FutureMrsLewis

          FutureMrsLewis
          • Member
          • 583 posts

            Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:42 PM



            Originally Posted by atalanta 

            FutureMrsLewis,

             

            I just read your comments to everyone else. You are such a sweetheart. Everything is going to work out fine!
             



             


                 Thank you!  I certainly hope you're right!!

             



            Originally Posted by vbbbtk 

            Don't worry I too am in the Mutant Club!  Hahaha!  Corn fed! 
            ...so I don't like bread, rice, pasta...I love soups, fish, and lean meat...oh..and red wine in general..I am a very picky eater too.

                 Oh to not love carbs...  Carbs are my downfall!!
             

             



            Originally Posted by Gin Bootles 

            i am very nervous about ordering one online, however i read the return policy and i am saving the emails so hopefully everything works out.. it is hard to find bridal shops that carry plus size gowns. i am considered plus size not only because i am a little bit "curvy" but i also have a big rack, and a curved spine.. sooooo i have to buy a dress 2 sizes up to just fit the upper part.. argh i hate shopping for dresses. no matter how much weight i will lose, i will never be a medium or a small, i will always be a large or xl


                 I hear you!  It's hard to find dresses that are flattering to a plus sized bride, and with a size 12 shoe I don't think I'll ever be a medium or small either lol

             



            Originally Posted by noelles 

            mutant check in here too, and honestly, the entire wedding dress prospect was painful at the end of the day though I found something and it seems as though you are finding your way to happy with your gown, let us know how amazing it was when all is said and done!

             

                 When you're not a "normal" size, even looking for a dress is very intimidating.  I couldn't even go dress shopping beforehand, so I bought this baby completely on blind faith!  Now if I can get rid of the wrinkly-dog belly on the gown and somehow still cover that rip, I'll be so happy!  My seamstress is on vacation :(  She needs to come back soon!

             

                 I will definitely let you ladies know when the dress is fixed, and it will be fixed someway somehow, I'm determined!

             



            #3526 vbbbtk

            vbbbtk
            • Jr. Member
            • 300 posts

              Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:38 AM

              Prettypigpig

               

              Would sending in your measurements be enough information for the dress maker?  or would you recommend any other information be sent to the dress maker in order to be clear and precise?

               

              Originally Posted by prettypigpig 

              yeah..I know hormone injected meat, genetically modified vege, junk food don't help much.  My 16 yrs old cousin in Australia too turned into a monster size chick, with arms that are the size of my legs, and her torso is so thick that I don't think a bullet could fly thru.  I swear..even the great white sharks won't bite her because they may have a heart attack after one bite.  My dad nicknamed her..Gozilla! LOL

               

              To be fair, my dad is a very skinny chef who looks like a 40 yrs old man because of his diet, a lot of organic vege, low carb, high protein diet.  I was fed like this since I was a  baby, so I don't like bread, rice, pasta...I love soups, fish, and lean meat...oh..and red wine in general..I am a very picky eater too.  Thus, it is no surprise that I am a 00p, or Gap kids size 12, much much skinnier than Chinese chick's average, the dressmakers were a bit shock.

               

              I guess the dressmakers will eventually get used to X-men generation brides. However for now, if any bride is at the outer range sizes, she MUST be clear and precise with the dressmaker or else...the dress may have a weird cut or fit.



               



              #3527 JoanneIreland

              JoanneIreland
              • Member
              • 860 posts

                Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:46 AM


                I am deciding between 2 dresses from babyonline. Can anyone give me input on which one you think they have more of a shot of making best?
                I love both, so would be happy with either, so think I will make the decision based on which one may be easier for them to make.

                Thoughts?

                 

                Dress 1 :

                 

                TTD Dress 1 Front.bmp  TTD Dress 1 Back.bmp

                 

                 

                Dress 2 :

                 

                TTD Dress 2 Front.jpg   TTD Dress 2 Back.jpg

                 

                 

                I want to order this tonight or tomorrow at the latest so please let me know what you think! Hopefully Bonnie will log in today and let me know what she thinks!!

                 

                Thanks girls!!

                 



                #3528 anapoa27

                anapoa27
                • Newbie
                • 4 posts

                  Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:40 AM

                  You know, I never comment here, I just like reading the posts and admiring the beautiful pictures. But I just had to say something about the whole "weird size" thing.

                  I love pasta and bread and that doesn't prevent me from loving the healthy stuff as well - fruit, veggies, etc. But I also LOVE my curves, as so does my boyfriend. I think all of us should love our body, our shape and try to keep healthy above all things.

                  I'm definetly not petite and I sure don't think I'm "weird sized". If you asked me, I'd say 00 is quite a weird size, too.

                  Attached Files



                  #3529 Gin Bootles

                  Gin Bootles
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 260 posts

                    Posted 08 August 2011 - 12:43 PM



                    lol i have to say i wear the same shoe size! i am 5' 11" and wear a size 12 shoe! lol too funny! if you find your shoes first lemme know! lol i am thinking flats! or for the dress.. eeeekkkkk idk

                    Originally Posted by FutureMrsLewis 




                         Thank you!  I certainly hope you're right!!

                     




                         We totally need to form a club lol

                     



                         Oh to not love carbs...  Carbs are my downfall!!
                     

                     




                         I hear you!  It's hard to find dresses that are flattering to a plus sized bride, and with a size 12 shoe I don't think I'll ever be a medium or small either lol

                     



                     

                         When you're not a "normal" size, even looking for a dress is very intimidating.  I couldn't even go dress shopping beforehand, so I bought this baby completely on blind faith!  Now if I can get rid of the wrinkly-dog belly on the gown and somehow still cover that rip, I'll be so happy!  My seamstress is on vacation :(  She needs to come back soon!

                     

                         I will definitely let you ladies know when the dress is fixed, and it will be fixed someway somehow, I'm determined!

                     



                     


                    All because, two people fell in love!


                    #3530 Gin Bootles

                    Gin Bootles
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 260 posts

                      Posted 08 August 2011 - 12:44 PM

                      i love the second one! that would look amazing, plus it gives more leg room to walk, verses the first one! goregous!!

                       

                      Originally Posted by JoanneIreland 


                      I am deciding between 2 dresses from babyonline. Can anyone give me input on which one you think they have more of a shot of making best?
                      I love both, so would be happy with either, so think I will make the decision based on which one may be easier for them to make.

                      Thoughts?

                       

                      Dress 1 :

                       

                      TTD Dress 1 Front.bmp  TTD Dress 1 Back.bmp

                       

                       

                      Dress 2 :

                       

                      TTD Dress 2 Front.jpg   TTD Dress 2 Back.jpg

                       

                       

                      I want to order this tonight or tomorrow at the latest so please let me know what you think! Hopefully Bonnie will log in today and let me know what she thinks!!

                       

                      Thanks girls!!

                       



                       


                      All because, two people fell in love!





                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users