Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#3411 atalanta

atalanta
  • 326 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:42 AM

Wow! I've been a lurker to this thread for a while, too. I felt compelled to comment on your post though. I think your dress looks better than the original. The sweetheart neckline and the way they layered the "tulle/organza"-like fabric in my opinion is superior to the original.

I would agree with Fabiola Cadet, embellishments would work well along the sweetheart neckline. Congratulations!

Originally Posted by KrystaRyan 

I've been creeping around this thread for awhile pondering which site to use.  I finally ordered a dress from Giannarbridal and I just received the email this morning informing me that my dress is done! So excited!! 

The original dress: 

The Original

The knock-off

Knock-offIMG_4347.jpg

I'm not too picky, so overall pretty satisfied so far! What does everyone think? I'm considering asking them to add a bit of beading, but I have no idea where or what pattern, I just want a bit of sparkle.. opinions? 

#3412 ROXY6997

ROXY6997
    • Site Supporter
    • 46 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:13 AM

Prettypigpig...your dresses look fantastic and you look so happy! Congrats! Krystaryan...I agree with Atlanta, the dress looks amazing:)

#3413 Jollykins

Jollykins
      • 21 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 12:01 AM

I also have been looking at knock off sites. Has any purchased from Dressilyme.com? I have totally fell in love with a dress on their site but I am scared to order! Please let me know if anyone has heard anything about this site :) thanks!

#3414 vbbbtk

vbbbtk
        • 300 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 03:57 AM

Beautiful Dress!  Have you looked online at some of the wedding resale websites, like oncewed and preownedweddingdresses?  You might be able to find the actual designers dress at a resonable prices. 

Originally Posted by ROXY6997 

Hi everyone~ I have read about the last hundred pages of text on purchasing knock off dresses and wanted to say thanks to EVERYONE who has taken the time to post their results...it's super helpful.  I am awaiting my engagement ring and am trying to get to work on narrowing down a dress because the orders take a long time!  I am leaning toward the Amy Michelson Grace dress...but I am not sure if it will fit well yet and I am having a beach wedding, so it will likely get destroyed because it will drag everywhere.

Anyhow, I was just curious if anyone has had this dress made and how it turned out:)

Here is is for reference..

#3415 vbbbtk

vbbbtk
          • 300 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 04:21 AM

KrystaRyan,

Have you considered adding a belt you can find a variety of styles and types which could help to add sparkle.  This way if you do not like it you can always remove it.

Originally Posted by KrystaRyan 

I've been creeping around this thread for awhile pondering which site to use.  I finally ordered a dress from Giannarbridal and I just received the email this morning informing me that my dress is done! So excited!! 

The original dress: 

The Original

The knock-off

Knock-offIMG_4347.jpg

I'm not too picky, so overall pretty satisfied so far! What does everyone think? I'm considering asking them to add a bit of beading, but I have no idea where or what pattern, I just want a bit of sparkle.. opinions? 

#3416 misskim_red@msn.com

misskim_red@msn.com
            • 144 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:47 AM

Thanks! 

This is actually from the Davids Bridal Collection.  So it is not silk Organza but a polyester organza.  "Hand cut" when referring to organza is common because unless you are hemming it you would not use scissors on organza.  Hand cut means you start the cut with scissors and then you literally tear the fabric with your hands.  Unfortunately it is not as fancy as it sounds!

I saw previous on the thread that babyonline made a skirt from this line on another dress and it came out well.  I think I might give them another try but I'm going to contact the other suggestions as well.  Thanks everyone!

'Gra geal mo chroi'

#3417 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
              • Banned
              • 1,034 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:01 AM

MissKim,

my pink organza dress with ruffle skirt is made by Babyonline, it turned out beautfiul, but not the same layering effect like Vera Wang's. 

Good luck! and keep us posted!

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#3418 jbmarch2012

jbmarch2012
                • 460 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:52 AM

I had my dress made from dressilyme, they are great with communicating and answering any questions. They also sent pictures before they send the dress. It turned out great, the only reason I'm selling it is because my sister surprised me and took me dress shopping. I'm a one dress kind of girl, so I have to let it go... You can check out the link on my ziggy.

Originally Posted by Jollykins 

I also have been looking at knock off sites. Has any purchased from Dressilyme.com? I have totally fell in love with a dress on their site but I am scared to order! Please let me know if anyone has heard anything about this site :) thanks!

#3419 carrieb258

carrieb258
                  • 216 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:31 AM

I am tempted to get one for my TTD - anyone know any good UK sites?

#3420 ROXY6997

ROXY6997
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 46 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:38 PM

Vbbbtk: Thanks! I will check out pre-owned vendors...I guess the dress is hard to find and even used its around 3 grand:( seriously...dresses should not cost this much. I just might try to get it made.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users