Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#3381 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:08 AM

Im they say it is a "gift" and declare value under $150 there is no duty generally!!!!!! Just a tip!

#3382 vbbbtk

vbbbtk
    • 300 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 11:22 AM

Ok ladies so I ordered my dress.  Keep your figers crossed for a fabulous turn out! 

#3383 Lindy S

Lindy S
      • 201 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:06 PM

I am trying to order my dress from Monica's bridal, and I am having lots of difficulty communicating effectively with them. They reply to me with answers that don't make sense. Has anyone else had this issue? Please let me know if you have.

#3384 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
        • 1,748 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:42 PM

Lindy I would suggest trying someone else, if you are having communication issues now I would hate to see what it would be like down the road!

Originally Posted by Lindy S 

I am trying to order my dress from Monica's bridal, and I am having lots of difficulty communicating effectively with them. They reply to me with answers that don't make sense. Has anyone else had this issue? Please let me know if you have.

#3385 exquisite02

exquisite02
          • Site Supporter
          • 121 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:47 PM

Thank you FutureMrsLewis for the extra information. it is good to know that it could take up to 2 months because this might be make me rethink about ordering my dress 5 to 6 months in advance; maybe I will order my dress in late october now so that if there is a problem I have enough time to deal with it. I'm wanting a discontinued dress. it is satin with organza overlay so hopefully it will have more structure.

it is nice to know that they offer different shipping options and that they have special offers. Hopefully, I can get one of those because I will have to email them about my dress anyways. Hopefully, your dress fits correctly and I understand about posting pictures after your weddinng.

Thank you to the laidies who have tips about Canadian duty. I have done a lot of shopping online but I have been lucky with not being slapped with Canadian duty as of yet. So when I buy my dress I will have my fingers crossed forsure on this because I think my dress will cost around 300-400 dollars if I end up using fushopping.com. I'm still considering Monica Bridal, babyonline and topspartner. However, I'm leaning towards fushopping more because of their website and facebook page with all the pictures. .

#3386 janette34

janette34
            • 417 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:33 PM

My dress from Babyonline arrived today!!!  There are a few minor things that I don't like, but I didn't have high expectations as it was.  The dress is a knock off of Pronovias Fusta and cost $147 US, customs & duty was an additional $130.  Sorry about the pictures, I was home alone and had no one to lace up the back properly for me so the fit isn't the best but it will give you an idea.

fusta.pdf

The Original

100_0248.JPG

The knock off, hate the ruffle around the waist, but that should be pretty easy to remove.

#3387 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
              • 1,748 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:41 PM

That is pretty good for a replica janette! The ruffle definitely should go but like you said, should not be an issue!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Originally Posted by janette34 

My dress from Babyonline arrived today!!!  There are a few minor things that I don't like, but I didn't have high expectations as it was.  The dress is a knock off of Pronovias Fusta and cost $147 US, customs & duty was an additional $130.  Sorry about the pictures, I was home alone and had no one to lace up the back properly for me so the fit isn't the best but it will give you an idea.

fusta.pdf

The Original

100_0248.JPG

The knock off, hate the ruffle around the waist, but that should be pretty easy to remove.

#3388 Fabiola Cadet

Fabiola Cadet
                • 41 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:29 PM

Hello ladies,

How are you all contacting Monical Bridal? I've looked through all this thread, even googled but wasnt sure which one. Can someone please post their contact information? Thank you so much!

#3389 bellajovie

bellajovie
                  • 93 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:51 PM

Hi,

MonicaBridal

http://www.dhgate.co...75_profile.html

Originally Posted by Fabiola Cadet View Post

Hello ladies,

How are you all contacting Monical Bridal? I've looked through all this thread, even googled but wasnt sure which one. Can someone please post their contact information? Thank you so much!

#3390 Fabiola Cadet

Fabiola Cadet
                    • 41 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:12 PM

You are a lifesaver. Thank you!!

Originally Posted by bellajovie 

Hi,

MonicaBridal

http://www.dhgate.co...75_profile.html

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users