Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#3231 acijle3

acijle3
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:29 AM

This thread has really been amazing!!  Maybe you all can help me with my search...

My wedding is in 4 months and I have no dress! I absolutely LOVE the Monique Lhuillier "Addie" dress.  I am seriously thinking about ordering it from an overseas dressmaker.  Does anyone have a suggestion on who would make this type of dress the best?  It's made of tulle.  I have contacted at least 4 dressmakers who have the dress on their website but they all say they haven't actually recreated this particular dress yet.  Help!!

1029-monique-lhuillier-addie-wedding-dress_we.jpg

#3232 janette34

janette34
    • 417 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:30 PM

So I need you ladies to put my mind at ease.  I have fallen in love with a dress, but none of the shops in my area carry the style.  I'm seriously considering purchasing a knock off, but I'm so scared I'm going to waste my money and absolutely hate the dress when it arrives. 

Who would you suggest for great work and easy delivery to Canada.

#3233 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
      • 1,748 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:39 PM

Check out Jasmine's Bridal Shop, they have a facebook page with a lot of samples of their work (photos) and a few brides have highly recommended them.  I am considering the same thing, 1) to save money 2) to save money!!!!!!!! I just can't justify the huge price tag for 1 day!!!!

They also have a website with a live chat option and they are great on there! If you email them lots of pictures of your dress they will give you a quote and shipping is only about $30 I believe!!!

I want to try it so badly but just can't decide! The quote I got was $250 so for approx $300 I could have my dream dress!!!! 

Originally Posted by janette34 

So I need you ladies to put my mind at ease.  I have fallen in love with a dress, but none of the shops in my area carry the style.  I'm seriously considering purchasing a knock off, but I'm so scared I'm going to waste my money and absolutely hate the dress when it arrives. 

Who would you suggest for great work and easy delivery to Canada.

#3234 JQLong

JQLong
        • 336 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:21 PM

Hi ladies....

I think it is important to remember that many of the dress designers use seamstresses from overseas anyway.  We are just cutting out the "middleman" and getting our beautiful gowns for a fraction of what the designer shops are charging.  janette34...when you see the actual detail of the "knock-off" gowns,...you will be amazed.....don't be afraid.....trust me!

My two cents!

I ordered from jasminesbridalshop.com

So Amazing......July 4, 2012!!!!!!

#3235 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
          • 1,748 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:23 PM

JQs dress and testimonial is what has convinced me!!!!

Originally Posted by JQLong 

Hi ladies....

I think it is important to remember that many of the dress designers use seamstresses from overseas anyway.  We are just cutting out the "middleman" and getting our beautiful gowns for a fraction of what the designer shops are charging.  janette34...when you see the actual detail of the "knock-off" gowns,...you will be amazed.....don't be afraid.....trust me!

My two cents!

I ordered from jasminesbridalshop.com

#3236 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
            • Banned
            • 1,034 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:39 PM

Janette,

4 things:

1) Go try out different style of dress, and the ones that are close to your dream dress.  Just to get a general idea, because unless u are a size 0, 6 ft tall girl...u won't look the same as the model pic.

2) Please consider the level of difficulty of ur dress, if your dress is a $10K designer dress with tons of silk organza and satin, don't expect to get it for $100.  If it is a underwear slip or grecian grannie robe (like some that I saw on this thread, don't wanna be mean..but seriously...some choices were ...meh!), probably you will be very happy with it.

3) If you find a dress on the rack on sale, and it is within your budget, please..BUY IT, it is a deal!

4) Respect your body type (again, don't wanna sound super mean, but seriously me and my FI laughed so much on this forum's show your dress thread), you don't wanna look like a beached whale (an obese mermaid dress) or a grannie with poopied diaper or kidney bags on the sides on your day (a dress with puffy stuff dangling/ruchings at the back or on the sides).

Again, I don't think our men are so picky about the dress, so..just relax and take your time to pick a nice and affordable dress.

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#3237 JQLong

JQLong
              • 336 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:53 PM

Awww...Thanks Torilynn!

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

JQs dress and testimonial is what has convinced me!!!!

#3238 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
                • 1,748 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:17 PM

Jasmine's should thank you!!!!! Now I just have to decide what dress... I have narrowed my 3 down to 2.... I may draw from a hat LOL j/k

Originally Posted by JQLong 

Awww...Thanks Torilynn!

#3239 JQLong

JQLong
                  • 336 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:34 PM

LOL!!!!  That is so funny!  I am just very adamant about great customer service.  James rocks! 

My dress is at my MOH house and I miss it....I didn't want HIM to see it so I am keeping it there.  I only have my memories....and pics!  LOL!  Good thing its there because I would want to try it on....often! I may pay my dress a visit....LOL!

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

Jasmine's should thank you!!!!! Now I just have to decide what dress... I have narrowed my 3 down to 2.... I may draw from a hat LOL j/k

#3240 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
                    • Banned
                    • 1,034 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:55 PM

Torilynn,

My baby bro,who was forced to goto shopping marathon with his 3 sisters, always says: When you can't decide, just buy both!

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users