Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#3001 Karen2011

• 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:32 AM

I've been loving this gorgeous and amazing dress!! Some of the brides here may have seen the image!

this dress is from http://www.7bridalgowns.com, a online shop.

please delete the link if this is not allowed  

#3002 blackkinu

• 30 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:08 AM

My finished beading.

#3003 fabulousdress

• 1 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:59 AM

Here is one of the latest dresses I made...I wouldn't say I'm a replica dress makers tho:)

To assure you that these are not the dress photos stolen from anywhere else. I'm the guy in the following pic with this gown at our own workshop:)

My name is Tony, owner of Fabulous U.

Welcome to see some of the dresses I made at the link here

And, if you are interested in seeing how a dress is made in a step by step manner, be sure to check out our blog here

Have a good day:)

#3004 blackkinu

• 30 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:05 PM

I hope you got the dress you were looking for. Its so beautiful. I love the fantasy theme.

#3005 thebridesmom

• 14 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:35 AM

Wow, beautiful dresses.  I wish I had checked this forum before buying my daughter's dress.  So far we decided to go ahead and mail the dress that LandyBridal incorrectly sent to us, on to its correct owner. It isn't her fault that they made a mistake.  We are hoping she has done the same for us with our wedding dress that they sent to her. 

Landy Bridal said that they will refund us the money we spent, we were kind of hoping that when we sent them proof of shipping that they wouldn't "say" they were going to refund our money but they would just DO IT!   We will see.  Either way, we didn't feel it was right that the lady in Japan suffer for LandyBridals  poor businessmanship. 

We are still praying that the dress actually does come and that it actually is a well made dress.  If not we are really up a creek.  The dress was supposed to have been here 3 weeks ago so we could do the bustle and any alterations to the hem etc.  The wedding is in Mid June.....

We will post pictures when and if it comes through.  Bad business can be ok sometimes..... if the dress is worth it. 

Thank you ....

The link below... if I did it correctly is to the dress we ordered.  April style A3391

#3006 shishkabobbett

• 30 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:02 PM

Gianinar just sent me in progress pics of my reception dress along with the embroidery applique.  What do ya'll think?  Are there any changes I should ask them to make?

reception dress part 3.jpg

Original dress

reception dress 1.jpgreception dress 2.jpg

#3007 misskim_red@msn.com

• 144 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:14 AM

I think it's very close.  I should look ok.  Have you specified with them if you want beads or sequins?  That would be my next concern now.

'Gra geal mo chroi'

#3008 misskim_red@msn.com

• 144 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:29 AM

I found this website

I thought it might be helpful if you haven't received the details or beading you wanted in your dress you could order from here and add it yourself.  I'm going to be ordering something from here to add to a cluch and hairpiece.

Attached Files

'Gra geal mo chroi'

#3009 shishkabobbett

• 30 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:01 AM

Thanks! I hadn't even thought of beading or sequins. Does it look like the original dress has beading as well? I can't really tell. I like the idea of putting beading on there though. A little sparkle always looks nice :)

#3010 jbmarch2012

• 460 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:17 AM

Hello ladies! I just recieved proofs of my dress from dressilyme. I have an issue with the colors... I'll try to show you what I mean with pictures... Another thing is I don't really understand why they took pictures with a jacket/shawl on, when I didn't even ask for one? So i requested they take pictures without it so I see the whole dress... I will post them once they send me the pics.

Here is the inspiration it's the Amsale Bali

bali.jpgback.jpgHere are the color swatches that I chose for the dress2f9f17ef-43da-400c-91ca-40f3dcb7a732.jpga1a5442b-4c94-4deb-897e-55ca6ca1d078.jpg and for the sash, I asked them to make the sash' color more of a pumpkin orange and this was the closest color swatch they sent me, but was assured that they would use the orange. I think this was my mistake though, I definitely should have asked them to send me the exact color swatch they would use to confirm that they have it right. So I asked if it was possible to change that part, I'll update you on what they say.

Now here is the finished product. I wanted to ask does the dress look yellow? or peach? I wanted it in ivory and that swatch they sent is their ivory color and looking at the pic it seems wrong? or is it the lighting maybe? Would appreciate feedback ladies, thanks in advance!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users