Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#2961 CaseynMichael

CaseynMichael
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:21 PM

Thanks. I have plans on going to a bridal shop to try on dresses and see what I like best. I am truly nowhere near 6 ft tall nor a size 0. I am 5'1 and a size 2 or 4 depending on the cut of the clothes...but anyhoo I will have a better idea of what looks suitable on me once I visit the stores!

#2962 cosmogal

cosmogal
    • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:50 PM

has anyone used landy bridal?

#2963 lttlmssstrange

lttlmssstrange
      • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 02:31 PM

Based on the reviews I have read on here, I decided to proceed with Landy.. Good communication so far, though I haven't ordererd my dress yet, I've inquired about a number of things and have received speedy responses.  I chose to get in touch with them because a user on here said they were very compliant with the process (pictures, communication, material) and because I am looking for good lace, someone mentioned Landy has pretty good quality and will send samples upon request.  I also feel more comfortable ordering from a company who posts pictures of their own creations--in the "Landy Bridal Gown" link (I think they're original, anyway but I could be wrong:

has anyone used landy bridal?

#2964 misskim_red@msn.com

misskim_red@msn.com
        • 144 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:08 PM

I've read most of the this thread and by you recommendations I have looked at dhgate's babyonline.  I've narrowed it down to 2 dresses.  This is for our vow renewal because, long story short, the first wedding wasn't perfect.  It will be in June or July late afternoon/evening in Vegas.  The first one I loved would be made from tafetta and I think it would be too heavy and hot. 

My question to you is...I love this dress

productimg1286359390205.jpg

but I don't know if they can do the bottom with that texture so I chose a back up

productimg1286276803171.jpg

'Gra geal mo chroi'

#2965 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
          • Banned
          • 1,034 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:56 PM

miss kim,

you can always ask, if they have pics on a finished dress, they will send u the pics. 

Again to everyone who wants a mermaid dress, try one at bridal shop before ordering...because mermaids aren't for everyone, and some are not very comfy to sit down with

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#2966 twinky

twinky
            • 3 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:28 AM

Hi, I'm new here but did read all the posts on this forum before I decided to go ahead n order my gown from Gianinar. I must say I am really grateful to all you girls for helping others while helping urselves :) To summarize on my knock-off gown, after reading all the reviews here I decided to go ahead with Gianinar and their correspondance was superb. Every email I sent them was responded to in less than 24hrs and so far everything has been good. I hope it continues that way.

My gown is a mix of sthg I tried on at a bridal store here in Singapore with a bit of personal inputs. To start with, I wasnt left with any other option cos in Singapore we dont have the concept of bridal houses which sell gowns. Everything for the wedding including the photographer comes as a package and you rent a gown which a 100 others might have already worn. Anyway I'm glad I went ahead and ordered my own gown. I have now received the first cut photos. This is super quick cos by the time I made the payment and confirmed the type of lace I want, it was already Apr 5th n now on 14th, in less than 10days I have got an email with pics of the bodice.

I am quite pleased with the pictures except for three things

• the sweetheart neckline seems a bit out of shape. the two sides dont look symmetric
              • there is an inkstain on the left side. I'm hoping this is just a chalk mark they use for the measurements.
              • I was hoping the transition from the chiffon to the lace part would be a bit more subtle. But this is my fault as I dint give them any details on this. In the gown I tried here, they had used the scalloped edges of the lace to create a smoother transition there.

I would love to have your comments on the gown before I shoot my response to gianinar.

IMG_2534.jpgIMG_2536.jpg

Attached Files

#2967 misskim_red@msn.com

misskim_red@msn.com
              • 144 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:46 AM

Not to worry about the mermaid style...I've got hte body to carry it off...but thanks for the advice...Has anyone seen either company do ruffles or details  like that?  I got a response back with photos of the lace and they said it would be similar.  My concern is that the skirt is more of a ruffled lace done in tiers.  I guess if I go with that one I should just expect it without the ruffles and be happy with what I get.

Second question....I have a large cup size (DD) and was wondering if any curvy ladies had any issues with cups fitting well on strapless or more fitted dresses.??

'Gra geal mo chroi'

#2968 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                • 1,917 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:47 AM

Thanks so much ladies! I am having a seamstress adjust the neckline to be more sweetheart and I pick it up tonight. I will try it on with my veil to see.

misskim,

My dress had tiers of lace and it turned out well. I sent them some close up pictures of the skirt that I found online. I would probably be a little worried about the cup size, just because most Asian women are built very petite. Just allow for a lot of extra time in case there is any alterations needed.

#2969 bellajovie

bellajovie
                  • 93 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:49 PM

After reading this thread all the way through I finally decided to go with Monica Bridal for my dress. I am a little nervous (excited too) but I have chatted with them and emailed back and forth.  They've been very easy to work with.  We'll see what happens!!!

FrontView.jpg

Thanks Bonnie for all of your advice.  I am going to get professionally measured for this...definitely!!

#2970 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
                    • 860 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:13 PM

WOW!! Amazing bellejovie! Please please please please keep us updated on this and post pics!

Originally Posted by bellajovie 

After reading this thread all the way through I finally decided to go with Monica Bridal for my dress. I am a little nervous (excited too) but I have chatted with them and emailed back and forth.  They've been very easy to work with.  We'll see what happens!!!

FrontView.jpg

Thanks Bonnie for all of your advice.  I am going to get professionally measured for this...definitely!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users