Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#2811 jbmarch2012

jbmarch2012
  • 460 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 04:14 PM

I love Amsale! I'm actually doing her Bali style as a knock-off!

Originally Posted by ToyaToyaToya 

Hi Ladies,

I'm new to the site and i'm so happy i came across this forum! I'm going to try dresses on for the first time at Kleinfelds in a few weeks and i'm so nervous that i wont find anything within my budget. I must say, I am totally leaning toward knocking off now! Below is the dress of my dreams (Amsale Blue Label) and I'm going to do some research to see which dressmaker will execute it the best. I'm leaning towards Landy or Babyonline. Let me know what you guys think!

sierra gown

#2812 KTownKate

KTownKate
    • 26 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by kjsawyer 

Hi Kate!

I´m in the exact same boat! I am still in the process of losing weight, so I´m not sure if I should wait a few months to order, or reduce the measurements a bit... did you decide what to do?

and I know that I will lose the weight, I´ve just added it over the last year from the stress/adjustment of moving to a new country. I´m about 1-2 sizes bigger than my true normal.

I thought maybe I´d just order one at my current size, and then just have it taken in, but I´m worried about how MUCH they will have to take it in! hahah will it still look like the same dress?

Let me know what you decide... my wedding is in September, so I think my deadline to get something ordered will be June 1.

Hi!

I haven't decided what I want to do just yet, but I'm leaning towards taking an inch of my current measurements. I know that it will still need to be taken in a lot, but it will at least be a little bit less!

I'm going to try on some dresses this weekend and will ask someone in the Bridal Salon what they think (without mentioning that I'm buying a knock-off, of course) ;)

#2813 Bee86

Bee86
      • 10 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:20 PM

Ok I got photos of my bridesmaid dresses from monica bridal and I am pretty happy! :o)

The girls want a sweetheart neckline so I emailed monica bridal asking for this to be altered but all in all for $59 I think we have made a good choice!

They are not completely finished yet so you can still see the pins, please let me know if you see any faults that I should let them know for final alterations!

They assured me the dresses are black also, and it is just the lights and flash of their camera that have made them look a little washed out.

The pictures of this dress are for my bridesmaid with a BIG bust so it looks a little droopy on this mannequin.

msg1300876194026.jpg

msg1300876192816.jpg

#2814 780chick

780chick
        • 263 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:29 PM

I think I found my dress. It's the Adorae dress by Maggie Sottero.  Do you think I can get a replica made with good quality satin? I don't want polyester. Who would be the best one to make it?

photo.JPG

#2815 leilamarie

leilamarie
          • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:02 PM

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum but I must say it is awesome! Just wondering if anyone has heard of reviews about Ava bridal? They have good feedback on ebay and net, but not much feedback out there about them??

#2816 manni

manni
            • 17 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:59 PM

Mocha, very sorry to hear about your dress, It's awful, waiting for your wedding dress and not even be able to alter it before your wedding day. Are you still waiting, or did they ship your dress by now? I hope it will be in time.

#2817 Beachy

Beachy
              • 12 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 12:07 AM

Hi All,

My dress arrived from Babyonline yesterday and the workmanship and detail is amazing. It is so good that i feel really bad that i got it so cheap. It is a little bit big, but nothing a dress maker can not fix. I was really surprised how good it was. I was really worried a few days after i ordered it, and it took longer than they said. I thought it might be a disaster, and may not turn up at all, so i got a J Crew dress on ebay incase it was awful and did not arrive. Now i am not sure which one i will use. Anyway thought i wold put your mind at ease if you have ordered or thinking of ordering from Babyonline. 

Gracimurano, cannot wait to hear about your dress. It looks stunning from the pics.

#2818 Bee86

Bee86
                • 10 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 12:57 AM

Can we see some piccies? :o)

Originally Posted by Beachy 

Hi All,

My dress arrived from Babyonline yesterday and the workmanship and detail is amazing. It is so good that i feel really bad that i got it so cheap. It is a little bit big, but nothing a dress maker can not fix. I was really surprised how good it was. I was really worried a few days after i ordered it, and it took longer than they said. I thought it might be a disaster, and may not turn up at all, so i got a J Crew dress on ebay incase it was awful and did not arrive. Now i am not sure which one i will use. Anyway thought i wold put your mind at ease if you have ordered or thinking of ordering from Babyonline. 

Gracimurano, cannot wait to hear about your dress. It looks stunning from the pics.

#2819 Bee86

Bee86
                  • 10 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 01:03 AM

I am even happier with the second pictures I have received with the sweetheart neckline that I had asked for and I am sure they are only going to look even better on my girls :P

dress2.png

#2820 manni

manni
                    • 17 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:13 AM

Beachy, could we please see some pictures of your dress? I have also ordered my dress from Babyonline and seeing a beautiful dress would help me relax a little bit!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users