Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#2591 1106wedding

1106wedding
  • 317 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:24 PM

Has anyone ordered bridesmaid dresses from inweddingdress.com? Feedback, input? I love their selection of style and colors and price, of course. I see that they have a restocking fee of 30% so I'd probably just order one as a sample before asking the bms to buy theirs. Any input is much appreciated!

Jessie & Chris 10/22/2011 *51 booked and final*

#2592 TigerLily

TigerLily
    • 201 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:29 PM

Omgosh C&J I LOVE this dress!! It's gorgeous! I've never seen it before (but then again, I just started looking :)

Originally Posted by c&j 

Does anyone happen to know if this is a knockoff designer dress?

Front.jpg

Back.jpg

#2593 prgoddess

prgoddess
      • 12 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:33 PM

hey guys,

anyone know who are the designers of these dresses?? 

designer-bridal-gowns-DE215A.jpg

beach-wedding-dresses-BC393A_1.jpg

#2594 imara11

imara11
        • 45 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:36 PM

Muchachas in love with Vera Wang,

I just found this listing on DHgate IMAG0287.jpg

This is the David's Bridal Vera Wang 351011 gown.  BEAUTIFUL!!!  Sorry about the bad quality of the picture, I forgot my camera and had to use my sister's phone. :)

#2595 imara11

imara11
          • 45 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:09 PM

Here's a better picture :)

dress.jpg

#2596 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
            • Banned
            • 1,034 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:30 PM

Primavera,

I got mixed up with Imara's dress! LOL

Originally Posted by primavera 

Bonnie,

How do you know that the dress is made with hand-cut organza? I'm asking because I am looking at the same dress.

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#2597 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
              • Banned
              • 1,034 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:32 PM

Imara,

They do have a $1400 one with an A-line cut at David's.

Bonnie

#2598 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
                • Banned
                • 1,034 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:42 PM

Beka,

WORDS!

Actually I chatted with babyonline last night, they are still rushing and catching on the pile up orders.  I will order my MIL's dress from them in April, so they can clear their existing orders, and be more focus on my order! lol

Seriously, rubbing badly/harassing a client service rep is NEVER a good idea.  They have no control over the dressmakers anyway, but they can contribute nicely if u treat them nicely.

Bonnie

#2599 primavera

primavera
                  • 428 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:01 PM

Oh ok! :) Since I value your "knock-off- knowledge" what do you think about ordering the Ella dress that MsSciFi posted? I have not tried on the original, because I'm afraid that would ruin my knock-off experience if I would decide to order it.

Originally Posted by prettypigpig 

Primavera,

I got mixed up with Imara's dress! LOL

April 29, 2011 - Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

#2600 maygimelli

maygimelli
                    • 9 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:34 AM

I fully understand that shipping is delayed due to holidays and weather BUT a seller should be able to tell you:

1. If the item was made

2. If they shipped it

3. A valid tracking number

Yes, other sellers such as Gianinar and Monica Bridal have been very trustworthy. My experience is solely based on my experience with Babyonline - who cannot do any of the above.

I am glad some of you had a pleasant experience with Babyonline, but this is not a matter of shipment delays, but their inability to provide customers with information on their order "Oh we shipped your dress, oh we have to send it to a new factory, oh we actually never made it." I mean c'mon! Unless you are overly optimistic or just plain gullible, I think any person, would and has the ABSOLUTE RIGHT to question and hound the eff out of them regardless of holiday, weather, lack of factory workers, etc - that is unless you enjoy being duped and have tons of money to burn. If they had told me the shipment delay was due to the holidays, was able to tell me the date my package was sent, and provided a VALID tracking number, then all would be good.

Oh and just to give you guys a little example of how they are attempting to "fix" things. Basically asking me to fork over more money for a sample dress so they can send the dress and second attempt of fabric samples over together. Trying to sweeten the deal with, "big discount" and "free shipping."

Dear JACKIE ,

Really sorry, we can apply for refund to you, but we think there is a good way to solve this.

Since you have paid for the fabric, you can choose one dress as sample from us, and we give you a big discount, then send by UPS, the postage we will offer you free.

Then we will send you the fabric and dress together by UPS which has tracking number and quick to deliver.

So what is your opinion? We really want to do more business with you.

Best wishes

Babyonline

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users