6405 replies to this topic

#251 bholthof

bholthof
  • Banned
  • 323 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:42 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by affiwin
    You ladies are brave. I am such a control freak. I want to see and try dresses and know exactly what I'm getting. I admire you all.
    LOL!

I tried on dresses very similar to what I wanted, and if when they looked good I decided to order the dress online - in part because I couldn't find EXCATLY what I wanted in stores, and in part because it was a price too good to beat.

If you love a certain style or even a certain dress, see if you can't find it online. And as long as its a close fit, you can always get it altered if its not perfect. Still might be cheaper than buying a dress from a salon that you will have to alter anyway.
    21 people + Bride & Groom booked!!

http://tickers.Ticke....8e20/event.png

#252 KJT1985

KJT1985
    • 694 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:00 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by affiwin
      You ladies are brave. I am such a control freak. I want to see and try dresses and know exactly what I'm getting. I admire you all.
      I wouldn't really say that's true. I tried the original on in a store and knew it's what I wanted - just not what I could afford. Then the place I'm ordering from will send me proof picts and I have the option not to buy it. So, I know before really committing if it's going to be close enough to make me happy. A lot of ladies CAN order a dress they haven't tried on or have a completely custom one made and be really happy. From past experiences I know this doesn't work out for me. I bought two sample wedding dresses on ebay and hadn't tried on either one. I got them and just wasn't in love with them. I also ordered my reception dress online (Amazon) and just got it yesterday. I was again, disappointed in the quality mostly. But that's really my fault for not asking the seller what the material was (they didn't list it). In this situation, I know I LOVE the style and know what kind of material they'll use so I have no reservations about it.

But i'm sure if you found something you liked in a store and knew the style/fit were right for you - there'd be no problem with the knockoff. As long as you ask the right questions and make sure the seller understands what you want, you can't go wrong!

#253 RaychelRae

RaychelRae
      • 446 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:26 PM

Chiffon Wedding Gown pictures by raychelrae_photos - Photobucket

Ok, here was my shot at getting a knock-off. I finally got it and it is a beautiful dress! It's even very well made! I just do not like how it looks on my body type. I ordered it thinking it could be a TTD if anything. Not a bad dress, just not for me. SOOOO if anyone likes it I have a post in the "Sell, Trade, Freebie" category with this on there

#254 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
        • 3,103 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:03 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by RaychelRae

Ok, here was my shot at getting a knock-off. I finally got it and it is a beautiful dress! It's even very well made! I just do not like how it looks on my body type. I ordered it thinking it could be a TTD if anything. Not a bad dress, just not for me. SOOOO if anyone likes it I have a post in the "Sell, Trade, Freebie" category with this on there
          That really is a pretty dress!!

May I ask where you got it from and how much?

#255 KJT1985

KJT1985
          • 694 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:06 PM

RaychelRae!! That's so pretty! I have a hard time believing anything would look bad on you btw. Too bad it didn't work out.

#256 RaychelRae

RaychelRae
            • 446 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:17 PM

Awwww! Thank you! You're a sweetheart!

I got it from a seller on Ebay for $160. Since it was kind of a blind trial run for me I'm not looking to make any money on it, just trying to get my money back so I can start looking for another one! : )

#257 nwabien

nwabien
              • 47 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:28 PM

The dress is very pretty!
                Looking to share a photographer week of February 14, 2010 in Varaero, Cuba. Send me a PM of interested

#258 meldal101010

meldal101010
                • 444 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:02 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by RaychelRae

They did such a good job. Is it a Maggie knock-off?? Looks like one of the destination ones I was going to get for my TTD.

#259 CancunBride71010

CancunBride71010
                  • 180 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:23 PM

Thanks for all the photos and comments. I'm going to send a few emails for quotes.

#260 RaychelRae

RaychelRae
                    • 446 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:02 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by meldal101010
                      They did such a good job. Is it a Maggie knock-off?? Looks like one of the destination ones I was going to get for my TTD.
                      It is indeed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users