Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#2511 LadySapphire

LadySapphire
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 12:01 AM

Well ladies, I just ordered my dress from Jeff Liu.  It should be here by the March 16-29, so I should have pics before that.  As soon as I have pics i promise to upload them :)  Pray that this turns out^^

#2512 gracimurano

gracimurano
    • Banned
    • 69 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:09 AM

LadyShaphire: Good luck on your waiting! I'm the same page as you! Hoping to receive mine in the first week of march!

#2513 madalina

madalina
      • Banned
      • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:33 AM

hi girls!

i really like this topic...i've readed 5 times, in 2 weeks.

i need your help. i want to order cambria marie, maggie sottero at gianinarbridal..do you think they can make it? i haven't seen many organza dresses made by gianinar and i'm afraid. what do you think?

thanks!

madalina

#2514 madalina

madalina
        • Banned
        • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:34 AM

and this is the dress..i hope i cant post it:)

Attached Files

#2515 lisadias

lisadias
          • 1,116 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:24 AM

Does anyone know who is the designer of this dress?

ruffles 2.jpg

#2516 Jenni77

Jenni77
            • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:15 AM

Hey Prettypigpig, how long ago did you see my dress? I am searching like crazy for one!

~Jen

#2517 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
              • Banned
              • 1,034 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:02 PM

Jenni,

I don't understand your question.  If you meant how long did I took to find my dress, well, after a round of dress shopping, I was convinced I need to have my dress custom made. I didn't like the styles of the dresses that I found in the local shops (so 1980s), the samples were all size 10, so too big to try on.  However, I did know what looks good on me, and what makes me look like a dead or depressed jellyfish, a swiffer duster, a What Not to Wear candidate, a 1980 bride..etc. 

Madalina,

For a Maggie with that much details on the bodice, I would invest my money with someone with better beadings and embro-skills.  Ask the dressmaker to send u sample pics of their previous work before order ur dress.

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#2518 TigerLily

TigerLily
                • 201 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:36 AM

Prettypigpig, I think this is what Jenni is referring to. You said you saw the Pronovias dress she wants in real life : )

Originally Posted by prettypigpig 

Jenni77,

I saw your dress in real life in a local bridal shop, it looks my grannie's dress (no offense, but grannie's wedding dress is very similar,except for the low cut at the front).  The lace is a very delicate one, and pretty unique.  I am sure you will be disappointed if u want the same lace.  Just try to find a sample or a second hand dress.

#2519 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
                  • 860 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:11 AM

Hi, I'm boggled and cross eyed for reading so many posts today, this website is so fab!

I have two questions I am hoping you can answer :

1) Do you have the websites and/or email addresses to the main vendors you girls have used (landy, monica, etc ....)

and

2) I thought I read on here that some of these vendors accept a deposit and then send you pictures and if you are not happy you can cancel. Is that true?

Thanks so much and happy planning!

#2520 jolanda

jolanda
                    • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:41 AM

Hello ladies , i am very worried now on a spur of the moment i ordered my dress off of moonbasa bridal , and now i have went through all the discussion boards and am second guessing my purchase< has anyone ever ordered and recieved there dress from this site and if so do you have any pictures! i have been in contact with john rain and a shirley but now i am just soo nervous any feed back would be greatly appreciated thanx so much 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users