Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#2251 TLGnhci

TLGnhci
  • 899 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:13 PM

TSBride, that's a beautiful gown.  Congrats!! Which company made it? 

#2252 Karen&Rene

Karen&Rene
    • 190 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 04:11 PM

Yay, can't wait to see the photos!!!

Originally Posted by Ginger1961 

Got it and I'm very very happy with it.  Exactly what I asked for.  With the exception of taking in a tiny little bit in the boobage area it fits to perfection.  I just returned from Mexico earlier this week and had to go back to work Thursday so I just found my camera this afternoon :) I'll be posting up pics a little later as soon as I can take them. 

#2253 Karen&Rene

Karen&Rene
      • 190 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 04:12 PM

So this is the replica dress?  Or the original?  The bridal shop background is throwing me off, lol.  Either way, it's gorgeous!

Originally Posted by TSBride 

So...I got my dress in!  I made the mistake of trying on dresses that were way out of my price range (I guess I didn't watch Say Yes to the Dress soon enough!) and fell in love with one.  I had a replica made and here is the result.  Let me know what you think!

RKreplica - back 1.jpgRKreplica - front 1.jpg

#2254 Ginger1961

Ginger1961
        • Banned
        • 253 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 04:19 PM

Okay here are my pics...It's hard to take them by yourself.  It's hard to get a sense of the color because of the flash on satin but I love it.  I'm having a veil made in blush pink with some little crystals on it or something like that.  The front view looks like I'm 4 feet tall because I'm on bare feet and I was sinking into the cushions.  CIMG9889.JPGCIMG9909.JPGCIMG9912.JPGCIMG9930.JPG

"He's my Lobster"

#2255 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
          • 1,917 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 04:25 PM

Looks gorgeous Ginger! I think the fit is amazing considering it was ordered all online.

#2256 Ginger1961

Ginger1961
            • Banned
            • 253 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 04:28 PM

CIMG9928.JPGCIMG9939.JPG

"He's my Lobster"

#2257 Ginger1961

Ginger1961
              • Banned
              • 253 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 04:32 PM

I didn't ask for it but I def got some extra boning in the top of the dress...as you can see for yourself in the picture, looks like it has built-in boobs :)  I'll take all the help I can get.  It's just a smidge loose right at the bust line but simple little alter.  I'm thrilled with how it turned out.  Can't wait to get a veil...I also may have my friend add some tulle to the back under the train just to give it some structure...

"He's my Lobster"

#2258 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
                • Banned
                • 1,034 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 04:43 PM

Seriously, it is amazing and beautiful! I like the color and the fit...and of course...the Monica Bridal beadings!

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#2259 Ginger1961

Ginger1961
                  • Banned
                  • 253 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:03 PM

Monica Bridal is amazing with the details.  Considering I sketched it out using "picture it" free hand, I cannot believe the fantastic job they did with the embroidery and beadings.  Honestly the embellishment at the waist looks much better in person.  As far as the fit goes, I cannot stress enough have someone do it for you.  I paid a professional tailor this time to measure me and that was the result.  Perfect fit.  Now considering I am trying this on just after dinner, four bottles of water and a glass of wine later, and PMS, I'd say I'm golden. 

"He's my Lobster"

#2260 Karen&Rene

Karen&Rene
                    • 190 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:17 PM

Wow, Ginger, it looks amazing on you!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users