Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#2131 remdog

remdog
  • 81 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:08 PM

Well today I got my knock off of my Lazaro.  Sad to say it doesn't look anything like the original.  :-(  Not that I expected it to be perfect but it's REALLY not even close. I sent an email to the company Moonbasabriadal. So well see what they do.  I was going to post a picture of the dress I took today so you can see but for some reason I'm having issues.  Usually a drag and a drop, no not today, I did manage to post it someplace just not sure where I lost it at.  So if you see a picture called two dress floating around that's it.  UGH  Just one of those days. 

#2132 remdog

remdog
    • 81 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:17 PM

Ok I found it.  I guess sideways is better than nothing.  Did I say it was one of those days.

#2133 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
      • 1,917 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:39 PM

Let me guess... the one on the right is the original?

#2134 remdog

remdog
        • 81 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:12 PM

Yes your right Mochamakes3.  

The thing is I've read on here about everyone spending $150- 200 to have there knockoff made. So I figured to have my dress done well $300 wasn't out of the question.  I could have gotten any $150 dress that looked like this.  Plus I wanted my knock off to look like my dress so it wasnt so it obvious in the TTD.  

#2135 cookiemunchkin

cookiemunchkin
          • 376 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:18 PM

I see what you mean, it does look very different.  Is it the skirt part or the appliques you're not happy with?

Originally Posted by remdog 

Ok I found it.  I guess sideways is better than nothing.  Did I say it was one of those days.

#2136 remdog

remdog
            • 81 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:41 PM

Yes the skirt does look strange on the knock off, you can tell that it was two pieces sewn together.  On the original it's got a band around where the skirt is connected so it flows better.  

#2137 remdog

remdog
              • 81 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:47 PM

Knock off.

Ok I finally figured this thing out here are some better pictures.  Not even sideways.  LOL

#2138 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
                • Banned
                • 1,034 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:02 PM

Remdog,

It is very different indeed. Ok, they may not that the same appliques and lace, but still it shouldn't be that different.  Have u ask for pics of their finished products before ordering?

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#2139 remdog

remdog
                  • 81 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:09 PM

I saw some of there other work but not this exact dress.  

#2140 badgergirl8

badgergirl8
                    • 71 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:10 PM

I'm in the minority I guess, I don't actually think the sillouette of the dress is that different.  I think the lace and appliques are very different though.  I think the original dress actually has a seam at the skirt as well, it is just covered up by the raised applique.  The knockoff doesn't seem to have as prominent appliques (nor as dark).

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users