Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#201 classadiva

classadiva
  • 685 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:19 AM

Island Princess...they really did a great job on your dress!!! Also...you look gorgeous in it....I like the mermaid style on you.

#202 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
    • 1,225 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:53 AM

The material is defintely different. The sash thing in the middle was satin, and the rest was lace. This is all the same material. There is beading on it, you cant really tell in the pictures though.

I dont know. Im getting more upset looking at the pictures. I just dont like the way it photographs. I should of picked a more simple design, its my own fault. Dont get me wrong the customer service was excellent, and they got it to me in 2.5 weeks. The quality is even better than I expected. Its just not doing it for me, and its a huge let down. Im trying not to focus on that and remember what the wedding is about, but its still disappointing.

#203 TheOneDay

TheOneDay
      • 59 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:00 AM

I just received a quote from Lancy and my dream dress would be $545. I am thinking that it is still a lot of money. But Island Princess, SgtPepperetteall, and Jacilynda all look so wonderful in the dresses I just don’t know what to do.

#204 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
        • 3,103 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:02 AM

Island Princess - Your dress looks great and you look amazing in it! You can tell you really love too! :)

#205 KJT1985

KJT1985
          • 694 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:14 AM

Island Princess - that looks amazing on you! I especially love the shoes!

Got my quote today...$416 for the dress I want including shipping. This was a bit higher than I had wanted BUT its nowhere near the $1200 price tag of the original....guess I have to get my other dress sold now...

#206 **~Linda~**

**~Linda~**
            • 1,326 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:53 AM

Holy cow!!! IMMMMMM so excited to get the reception dress i ordered from Landy Bridal! You girls look GORGEOUS in your dresses!

#207 KimmyG

KimmyG
              • 520 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:11 PM

I know exactly how you feel Melissa-
                I've been bad keeping up on this thread but I ordered and received a dress from Duosheng (it was "Binefar" by San Patrick). It's well made, the quality and materials are nice, but it just doesn't fit the way I had in mind. I was initially a bit let down but I'm going to take it to a seamstress and have alterations done. That's only fair, as you'd do the same thing with a local dress so I shouldn't skip this part!
                I don't have a photobucket account but I'd be happy to email my pics to someone if they will upload them here. I know, I really need to learn how to upload photos

Jacylinda- your dress/photos/everything looks AWESOME! I haven't spoken to you in a while but I've been thinking bout ya!

Island Princess- that deep sweetheart neckline rocks! Nice choice!!

#208 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
                • 3,103 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:22 PM

Alright ladies, here is Kimmy's "Binefar" by San Patrick, Duosheng dress:

On the model:
                  Click the image to open in full size.

The Duosheng dress on a mannequin:

Kimmy in dress front:

Kimmy close up front:

Kimmy back:

Kimmy close up back with cute undies :)

Kimmy with Mermaid style back that she wants tailored that way:

Thanks so much for sharing with us! :)

#209 KimmyG

KimmyG
                  • 520 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:19 PM

Thank you so much KittenHeart (Amy) for posting the photos :)
                    I do think it looks frumpy from the front, but that's nothing a good tailor can't fix

#210 KJT1985

KJT1985
                    • 694 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:41 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by KimmyG
                      Thank you so much KittenHeart (Amy) for posting the photos :)
                      I do think it looks frumpy from the front, but that's nothing a good tailor can't fix
                      Frumpy where? It's gorgeous! Maybe it's just the lace up job??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users