Jump to content

Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here


  • Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#2001 Ginger1961

Ginger1961
  • Banned
  • 253 posts

    Posted 13 November 2010 - 05:29 AM



    Originally Posted by marinemeuwec 

    I do have a bridal shop but I am also a bride who is planning my destination wedding in February just like everyone else on here and I am not here to solicit any services, just offer my opinion and from a perspective most people cant offer,  and that is my blunt opinion and I have seen an awful lot of crappy knock offs come my way.  I definately have seen some that are ok too, but overall I think its worth the money to buy a low end designer dress than a bad version of an expensive dress.   


    What does your shop have in bridal dresses in the $140 dollar range, say in organza with lotsa ruffles? :)


    "He's my Lobster"

    #2002 Ginger1961

    Ginger1961
    • Banned
    • 253 posts

      Posted 13 November 2010 - 05:33 AM



      Quote:
      Originally Posted by prettypigpig 

      heehee, I only check the site in between conference calls and report reading sessions...kekeke



       

      Originally Posted by Nan 

      Bonnie! looks like right now you and I are doing the exact same thing....... NOTHING!!!! Haha





       


      "He's my Lobster"

      #2003 Ginger1961

      Ginger1961
      • Banned
      • 253 posts

        Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:15 AM

        My office has installed spyware for the directors so they now get reports on all our internet activities.  Big meanies!


        "He's my Lobster"

        #2004 prettypigpig

        prettypigpig
        • Banned
        • 1,034 posts

          Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:35 AM

          Ginger,

           

          My employer just blocked most of the game sites and social networks. However, they installed facebook app on our blackberries.

          Don't worry, I will keep you "updated" during your working hours! hahahaha


          Bonnie

          Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen


          #2005 Nan

          Nan
          • Member
          • 599 posts

            Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:21 AM

            Bonnie:

             

            I like it that you answer my posts! I think laughing makes my life so much easier!! and it seems to me that so do you! hahaha

            heehee, I only check the site in between conference calls and report reading sessions...kekeke



             

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Nan 

            Bonnie! looks like right now you and I are doing the exact same thing....... NOTHING!!!! Haha


             



            Nan and Erik forever!!!

            #2006 prettypigpig

            prettypigpig
            • Banned
            • 1,034 posts

              Posted 13 November 2010 - 12:11 PM

              Nan,

               

              There is no point to be negative and upset (it is bad for health also), because it doesn't really change what already happened.  Everything happened for a reason, and there is always a brighter side of every situation.  Focus on the positives and laugh more! heehee...

              Sometimes, I tried to be multi-tasking in my office, listen to Goldman's conference calls (put myself on mute), and browse the forum at the same time! hahahahaha...

               

              Ginger,

               

              $140 for a big organza dress with layers and layers of ruffles in North America?! well, I just browsed the H&M website, checking out their authorized Lanvin Paris knockoffs a.k.a Lanvin for H&M.

              ok ..first I have to do lineups at 5/6 am next Saturday to ensure I can get to buy those Lanvin knockoffs from10am to 12pm, and the cheapest short ruffle dress is $199 plus tx!    Pretty cute for a party dress or BM dress.

               

              lanvin-hm-wmns-lookbook-07.jpglanvin-hm-wmns-lookbook-06.jpg


              Bonnie

              Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen


              #2007 Ginger1961

              Ginger1961
              • Banned
              • 253 posts

                Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:18 PM


                Prettypigpig,

                 

                My employer doesn't even have the decency to block the sites.  They dangle them in front of you as if to say "ah ah, not lookie for you".  I think our Directors must not be busy enough.  We're not even permitted at lunchtime.  Big ol bunch of sourpusses if you ask me.  Makes me quite testie and work when I can't take a mind break and check out this page. 
                 

                Originally Posted by prettypigpig 

                Ginger,

                 

                My employer just blocked most of the game sites and social networks. However, they installed facebook app on our blackberries.

                Don't worry, I will keep you "updated" during your working hours! hahahaha




                "He's my Lobster"

                #2008 Ginger1961

                Ginger1961
                • Banned
                • 253 posts

                  Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:22 PM



                  Originally Posted by prettypigpig 

                  Nan,

                   

                  There is no point to be negative and upset (it is bad for health also), because it doesn't really change what already happened.  Everything happened for a reason, and there is always a brighter side of every situation.  Focus on the positives and laugh more! heehee...

                  Sometimes, I tried to be multi-tasking in my office, listen to Goldman's conference calls (put myself on mute), and browse the forum at the same time! hahahahaha...

                   

                  Ginger,

                   

                  $140 for a big organza dress with layers and layers of ruffles in North America?! well, I just browsed the H&M website, checking out their authorized Lanvin Paris knockoffs a.k.a Lanvin for H&M.

                  ok ..first I have to do lineups at 5/6 am next Saturday to ensure I can get to buy those Lanvin knockoffs from10am to 12pm, and the cheapest short ruffle dress is $199 plus tx!    Pretty cute for a party dress or BM dress.

                   

                  lanvin-hm-wmns-lookbook-07.jpglanvin-hm-wmns-lookbook-06.jpg


                  Prettypigpig,

                   

                  I'm pretty sure my fiance would not want to see me in that walking down any aisle...I was thinking bigger as in cover my legs. hehehehe  140 bux for an organza ruffled dress at a bridal store, prolly doesn't exist.  Just sayin'!
                   


                  "He's my Lobster"

                  #2009 badgergirl8

                  badgergirl8
                  • Newbie
                  • 71 posts

                    Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:47 PM

                    just a note to the poster who said she has seen poor knockoffs and thinks it is better to purchase a low end designer dress rather than a bad knockoff.  I agree, nobody wants a bad looking wedding dress, but it fact is true, you can't hardly buy a unity candle set for $140! :)  Anything labeled bridal is always more expensive.

                     

                    Remember too that not everybody is trying to get a knockoff of a dress that is several thousands of dollars.  I chose a dress that was from David's Bridal (which is sort of an knock or or "inspired by" a Maggie Sottero dress...though there are a few differences).  I still didn't want to pay 600+ even though David's Bridal is considered very cheap in bridal world standards.  So I ordered knockoff, and for $120 shipped, we will see how my dress turns out.

                     

                    I'm optimistic, especially since DB dresses are not typically made of high end fabric and are seen as "low end" in the first place so i'm hoping my knock off from china is actually quite comparable to the "real" DB dress and still for a small fraction of the price!  I just can't pay a lot of money, especially didn't want to pay more for my dress than my destination wedding travel even costed! :)

                     



                    #2010 prettypigpig

                    prettypigpig
                    • Banned
                    • 1,034 posts

                      Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:44 PM



                      Ginger,

                       

                      $199 plus tx only can offer enough to cover your bum bum! you want a longer dress?!?!  well...well..u have to add more $$$$! hahahaha

                       

                      Originally Posted by Ginger1961 



                      Prettypigpig,

                       

                      I'm pretty sure my fiance would not want to see me in that walking down any aisle...I was thinking bigger as in cover my legs. hehehehe  140 bux for an organza ruffled dress at a bridal store, prolly doesn't exist.  Just sayin'!
                       



                      Badgergirl,

                       

                      I think the Monica Bridal rep would recognize your dress looks like a Maggie dress!  Overall, it is an easy to make style, and it is easy to alter too.  Just tell them to add some bones and take pics with a ruler measuring the dress. 

                       

                      After all, we can't have champagne with a beer budget!

                       

                       


                      Bonnie

                      Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen





                      2 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


                        Google (1)