Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#1971 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
  • Banned
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 08:17 AM

me, I have to, because I loss some weights, so I need to "beef up" a bit.

but if I don't have to beef up, then I would prefer to be as light as possible.  I am getting married in July, so it can be like 36C and super humid.

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#1972 badgergirl8

badgergirl8
    • 71 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by prettypigpig 

me, I have to, because I loss some weights, so I need to "beef up" a bit.

but if I don't have to beef up, then I would prefer to be as light as possible.  I am getting married in July, so it can be like 36C and super humid.

We were trying for July 4th 2011 as well but ended up doing a week early simply because travel was a couple hundred dollars cheaper for our guests the week prior.  So our wedding is June 28th 2011 in Punta Cana Dominican Republic.

#1973 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
      • Banned
      • 1,034 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:54 AM

what time is ur wedding?  I went to Mexico in end of June this year for a site visit, and reschedule my ceremony from 4pm to 5pm, because it was still too hot at 4pm.  I also saw a wedding at 2pm on the beach, omg..the guests were like lobsters on BBQ.

Quote:

Originally Posted by badgergirl8 

We were trying for July 4th 2011 as well but ended up doing a week early simply because travel was a couple hundred dollars cheaper for our guests the week prior.  So our wedding is June 28th 2011 in Punta Cana Dominican Republic.

Bonnie

#1974 badgergirl8

badgergirl8
        • 71 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 03:37 PM

Our wedding is at 4:30pm

what time is ur wedding?  I went to Mexico in end of June this year for a site visit, and reschedule my ceremony from 4pm to 5pm, because it was still too hot at 4pm.  I also saw a wedding at 2pm on the beach, omg..the guests were like lobsters on BBQ.

Quote:

#1975 Monique

Monique
          • 415 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:19 AM

OMG...too funny but also unfortunate to have your guest dying of heat and possible heat stroke!!!! Which is why I picked 5:30pm...

Quote:

#1976 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
            • Banned
            • 1,034 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:10 PM

Ok I received my bff's wedding dress today.  It was inspired by my dress, and I added a cape and a sash (because my bff wants it in ivory, with a pink sash and more...flowy)

She is currently in Beijing, so she can't try it on yet.  She is a size 12/14, with a 36 inches waist, so nothing in the bridal shop in Montreal would fit her perfectly.  Looking from the dress...I think the size is ok.  However, I will have to wait til her return to see if we need some alternations.

These are the pics ...with the hanger...IMG_1639.JPGIMG_1641.JPGIMG_1644.JPG

Bonnie

#1977 echraide

echraide
              • 152 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:13 PM

Oh I love that dress Bonnie! Any pics of it on? I'm so curious how it looks on a person. I think its adorable

#1978 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
                • Banned
                • 1,034 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:49 PM

I have to wait for my bbf to come back to Canada.

Originally Posted by echraide 

Oh I love that dress Bonnie! Any pics of it on? I'm so curious how it looks on a person. I think its adorable

Bonnie

#1979 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                  • 1,917 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:43 AM

Okay ladies, I finally got home to try on my monica bridal dress. The beading looks great, but there is a few mistakes. The biggest problem is that the dress is two sizes too large and will need significant alterations. I figured I would be able to avoid that with the corset closure but it is still big when completely cinched. I think I want to add crinoline to make it pouf a little...

Here are the pictures:

IMAG0091a.jpgIMAG0092a.jpg

And the inspiration:

2306C.jpg

#1980 cookiemunchkin

cookiemunchkin
                    • 376 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:48 AM

looks very close to the inspiration dress!  But yes, much too big

Okay ladies, I finally got home to try on my monica bridal dress. The beading looks great, but there is a few mistakes. The biggest problem is that the dress is two sizes too large and will need significant alterations. I figured I would be able to avoid that with the corset closure but it is still big when completely cinched. I think I want to add crinoline to make it pouf a little...

Here are the pictures:

IMAG0091a.jpgIMAG0092a.jpg

And the inspiration:

2306C.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users