Originally Posted by prettypigpig
You are getting married in April! I am like 3 months after you. Still working on my DIY invites. I am just very nosy in general, not knowledgeable, just very very curious.
I agree some dressmakers don't have a good Quality control system, some overpromised and under-delivered, bridal shop offers more personal services like fittings + alter at a higher cost and Indians have super good beading skills if someone wants a big dress with tons of beadings. Overall, I think if we can cut the middleman, if we know what we want and can communicate clearly.
Of course, there are disappointments from time to time due to:
1) brides ordered a dress based on a pic or on her own imagination without trying on similar style and color before ordering it. Unless the bride is size 0, 6 ft tall, she won't look like the pic.
2) brides who took measurements by themselves.
3) brides picked a super complexe style designer dress
4) brides who tried on the original and expect 110% exact with the replica
5) Poor quality control/craftmenship
6) Ok this one may sound a bit offensive, but brides who are above size 14. China is still a developping country, obesity is still very rare. Thus, for most of the chinese dressmakers, they have hard time to get the proportion right, because they never seen anyone in 14+ sizes.
Not offensive and very true.