• 301 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:47 PM

Amazing! looks so good

#1892 Ginger1961

Ginger1961
    • Banned
    • 253 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:55 AM

Your dress fits you absolutely perfectly!  It is beautiful.  I spoke to the Monica Bridal rep last night and she assured me that they are being very careful with sizing on a go forward basis.  I wouldnt' expect any designer dress I order to fit me absolutely perfect either.  Mine seems to be easy to make alterations to so I'm not the least bit concerned.  In fact I'm glad that the ruffles start lower on the body than the original.  Adds some nice drama for pics. :)

"He's my Lobster"

#1893 Monique

Monique
      • 415 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:11 AM

adcarter,

your dress looks great! I'm so happy that your dress came out exactly as you wanted!

#1894 cookiemunchkin

cookiemunchkin
        • 376 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:41 AM

Thanks for sharing these pics!!  They did a fantastic job with your dress, its almost impossible to tell the difference betwen the two.

And also thank you for sharing where you ordered this dress!!  I had already bought a dress off-the-rack but was not completely in love with it and was casually browsing for something else that caught my eye.  I've been looking at some of the other vendor's dresses (gianinar, monica bridal) and didn't see anything else I liked... and then I checked out the vendor you ordered from and have fallen head-over-heels in love with a dress that they make!  Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!! 

OK, ready for some pics? Here's the original Pronovias:

abaco-2011-pronovias-wedding-dress-off-the-shoulder-mermaid.jpgABACO-A_6_0.lightbox-image.jpg

And here's my dress:

DSC01038.JPGDSC01039.JPG

DSC01035.JPGSorry I couldn't get a good pic of the back but you can really see the seem where the zipper is.

#1895 adcarter41

adcarter41
          • 188 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 12:15 PM

cookiemunchkin: I ordered my dress and it was in my hands 18 days later! 

#1896 lisadias

lisadias
            • 1,116 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:13 PM

Cookie-Which dress, please share a pic! :)

#1897 cookiemunchkin

cookiemunchkin
              • 376 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:40 AM

Pics are below :)

Now I could totally use some advice from you ladies who know more about this than I do!  I'm not all that crazy over the bottom half of the dress.  The gathered areas (what the heck are they called?) seem random to me and not very elegant.  Not sure how I would want that to look though... I just know that I want it to look different.  I've asked for close-up pictures of the bodice, and have been told that the bottom can be changed however I like.  Any suggestions?  :)

Cookie-Which dress, please share a pic! :)

#1898 sxcT

sxcT
                • 1,282 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:49 AM

Im no help but I just want to say I LOVE IT!!!!

Originally Posted by cookiemunchkin 

Pics are below :)

Now I could totally use some advice from you ladies who know more about this than I do!  I'm not all that crazy over the bottom half of the dress.  The gathered areas (what the heck are they called?) seem random to me and not very elegant.  Not sure how I would want that to look though... I just know that I want it to look different.  I've asked for close-up pictures of the bodice, and have been told that the bottom can be changed however I like.  Any suggestions?  :)

dressfront.bmpdressback.bmp

#1899 lisadias

lisadias
                  • 1,116 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:14 PM

I LOVE the bodice on this but I see what you mean about the bottom. It depends on if you want it pouffy with gatherings or maybe just a straight a-line with some detail. I do kinda like the pick up dresses. I am no help at all really cause I was just like you. Either I loved the top but not the bottom or vice versa of almost every dress I tried on!!!

#1900 m00sie

m00sie
                    • 19 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:52 PM

Hmm, I see what you mean cookie - nice dress though!

This one of maggies is more detailed, but at least the gathering is symmetrical:

http://www.maggiesot...e=2&style=J1082

Maybe you could show them a pic of that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users