Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#1821 roo66

roo66
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:58 AM

Girls, yankee candles do a smelly sachet named wedding day you could hang one from the hanger JUST in case.

I got myself a wedding day candle and the sachet and placed it in whilst in the suitscase. xx

#1822 lisadias

lisadias
    • 1,116 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:20 AM

All three items they sent me were individually wrapped in clear plastic and then all in a black type of plastic with mega taping around it. It was in great shape and not very wrikled like prettypigg said but the scent was very strong. I don't know what the smell is but it is embedded in the dress. I have it in a plastic bag which is not good but was told to take it out and air it out for a bit and wrap it in a white sheet and then bag it again. Most hotels will steam the dress for you on the wedding day so I think that would get the smell out but I could be wrong. I wouldn't spray it though. Try what prettypigg said if yours has that smell.

Originally Posted by Karen&Rene 

OMG, are you serious?!  Did the smell go away after a few days or did you have to febreeze it or something?

#1823 adcarter41

adcarter41
      • 188 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:50 AM

Looks great! I like the changes to the neckline, too.

Originally Posted by Karen&Rene 

I received the photo of my dress from Monica Bridal.  They only sent a photo of the front which makes me a little nervous; I requested a pic of the back which hopefully I'll receive soon.  I asked for a different neckline so you'll notice it is different than the inspiration dress.  The only other difference I see is the way the skirt is gathered, but I don't think I necessarily like it less than the inspiration dress.  What do you ladies think?  Any changes that you would suggest?  Thanks!!!!

China dress front.jpgwedding dress front.jpg 

P.S.  Why does their workshop look like the house of a hoarder?!  Lol

#1824 MArzM

MArzM
        • 35 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:20 PM

No smell on mine either

#1825 m00sie

m00sie
          • 19 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:25 PM

I am wondering whether Duosheng have put their prices up...they want $327 for the 'budget' version of Fiorella (by Maggie Sottero) or $417 for the 'high quality' version.

Besides the ruching, that dress isn't all that complicated...I wonder why the price is so high?

At this stage I am just getting quotes and samples of fabrics, but they are the highest so far!

#1826 Karen&Rene

Karen&Rene
            • 190 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:14 PM

Yeah, they wanted $360 for mine and it's not that complicated either!

Originally Posted by m00sie 

I am wondering whether Duosheng have put their prices up...they want $327 for the 'budget' version of Fiorella (by Maggie Sottero) or $417 for the 'high quality' version.

Besides the ruching, that dress isn't all that complicated...I wonder why the price is so high?

At this stage I am just getting quotes and samples of fabrics, but they are the highest so far!

#1827 Karen&Rene

Karen&Rene
              • 190 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:26 PM

Glad to hear not everyone had issues with the smell of their dresses, lol.  And thanks for the feedback on my dress!  I think I'm going to play it safe and just make any alterations once I get it.

#1828 Ginger1961

Ginger1961
                • Banned
                • 253 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:00 AM

I'm still waiting for mine ladies.  It was released from customs in Vancouver last Tuesday and still nothing.   I don't think anybody waited as long as I did for their dress.  It's almost a month since it was shipped. 

Patience is not my strong suit.

G

"He's my Lobster"

#1829 Monique

Monique
                  • 415 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:05 AM

Hang in there Ginger I'm sure it will be there any minute!

#1830 Ginger1961

Ginger1961
                    • Banned
                    • 253 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:08 AM

My dress has arrived and it is Stunning.  Absolutely perfect in every way.  The quality and workmanship is AMAZING.  I only had a few moments at home at lunchtime.  Good timing as the dress arrived a few minutes after I got in the door.  I am so pleased with the dress I cannot express.  I did the best I could to pull it on to get an idea of fit etc and from what I can tell it fits perfectly.  I cannot believe that I have a dress of that quality and only paid 140 dollars.  By the way, absolutely no smell. Not on the dress or the package.  Barely wrinkled.  I'm going to my mom's after work to try it on and take some photos.  I'll post up tonight if I can get on. The last couple nights, I cannot get on here there is so much traffic. 

Anyone even considering Monica Bridal, go for it.  You will not be disappointed.

"He's my Lobster"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users