Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#1811 Karen&Rene

Karen&Rene
  • 190 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:00 AM

I received the photo of my dress from Monica Bridal.  They only sent a photo of the front which makes me a little nervous; I requested a pic of the back which hopefully I'll receive soon.  I asked for a different neckline so you'll notice it is different than the inspiration dress.  The only other difference I see is the way the skirt is gathered, but I don't think I necessarily like it less than the inspiration dress.  What do you ladies think?  Any changes that you would suggest?  Thanks!!!!

China dress front.jpgwedding dress front.jpg 

P.S.  Why does their workshop look like the house of a hoarder?!  Lol

#1812 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
    • Banned
    • 1,034 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:47 AM

wow...that looks like my workshop and my bedroom! hahahaha...

The dress looks pretty close to the original, the difference can be fix if you want to make it more gathered on the side.

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#1813 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
      • 1,917 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:45 PM

Karen, I think it looks very similar but the folds will probably fall a little different once you are wearing it, versus the mannequin.

LOL... as long as our dresses arrive clean and without mysterious smells I don't care what their warehouse looks like!

#1814 goodtoglow

goodtoglow
        • 110 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 01:14 PM

Thanks for all of the insight regarding boning, everyone! Like many of you have said, it is worth ordering the dress and if it doesn't turn out quite like I hope it will be perfect for Trash the Dress!

Does anyone know if you can pay more for higher quality fabric? My dress is french taffetta and I would love to have something similar. 

Karen that dress looks great!!!

#1815 lisadias

lisadias
          • 1,116 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 01:21 PM

FYI ladies, they do arrive with a terrible smell lol

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 

Karen, I think it looks very similar but the folds will probably fall a little different once you are wearing it, versus the mannequin.

LOL... as long as our dresses arrive clean and without mysterious smells I don't care what their warehouse looks like!

#1816 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
            • Banned
            • 1,034 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 02:35 PM

mine was nicely packed and sealed with the veil in a different package.  no smell (except the plastic smell) and no dust. Surprisingly..not too wrinkly as well.  Now it has cat hairs on its train, because my cats love to zzz on the tulle so much.  Every time I try my dress on, my cats will come...running!  I probably will have to clean it before wearing it for my big day.

Originally Posted by lisadias 

Bonnie

#1817 m00sie

m00sie
              • 19 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 04:45 PM

From what I have read (the entire thread lol) some sellers offer higher quality fabric but it's not cheap - usually $250-300 more per dress.

#1818 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
                • Banned
                • 1,034 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:24 PM

yeap, you are totally right!  I paid $400 for mine, because I asked for silk lining, nice lace and excessive beadings and tons of tulles.  However, for around $200, they can make a nice dress for TTD or cocktail/reception. 

Originally Posted by m00sie 

From what I have read (the entire thread lol) some sellers offer higher quality fabric but it's not cheap - usually $250-300 more per dress.

Bonnie

#1819 Karen&Rene

Karen&Rene
                  • 190 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:56 PM

OMG, are you serious?!  Did the smell go away after a few days or did you have to febreeze it or something?

Originally Posted by lisadias 

#1820 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
                    • Banned
                    • 1,034 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:08 PM

hahaha..Karen, don't Fabreeze ur dress, so far Lisa is the only one who notice there is some smell.  I only smelled the plastic bags. You can hang your dress in your bathroom during shower time to "un-wrinkle" it, and put lavender papers to "fabreeze" it.  Get a bridal dress bag to house your dress.

Originally Posted by Karen&Rene 

OMG, are you serious?!  Did the smell go away after a few days or did you have to febreeze it or something?

Bonnie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users