• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#1771 TheFutureWagners

TheFutureWagners
  • Banned
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Glowwbug 

Thanks!! I was so nervous about it. I knew it could be the greatest thing or the worst disaster, so I'm glad it turned out ok!

@TheFutureWagners: I did research online to find out what type of fabric the designer used. It was a hammered silk charmeuse, and the texture is what makes it wearable (at least for me!)  It kind of hides any imperfections, whereas regular flat charmeuse would show too much. I'm in NYC, so luckily I have access to all of the fabric stores in the fashion district. I did find stuff online, too. Before I bought the fabric, Milly actually sent me a fabric sample. They were really great.

Awesome! I'm from NY and I'm back there all the time so I have access to a lot too- that is great! Thanks!

#1772 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
    • 1,917 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:26 AM

Got my pictures from Monica Bridal. Comments?

front.jpgback.jpg

And the original2306C.jpg

#1773 TheFutureWagners

TheFutureWagners
      • Banned
      • 2,710 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:56 AM

Looks great but I would tell them to shorten the first ruffle under the waist- it is def longer than the original and prob won't give you that cute little ruffle out effect. Other than that it looks great!

#1774 lisadias

lisadias
        • 1,116 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:28 AM

I think it looks fantastic but agree about getting them to shorten the first ruffle. Also I don't see the flower thing on the dress either. Not sure if you asked them to remove that or not. The did a great job. Too bad they didn't have a close up of the bodice embroidery though.

#1775 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
          • Banned
          • 1,034 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:07 AM

Mocha,

Nice dress! not sure about shorten the ruffles part would make any difference as the fabric and the way of "pliage" are different than the original.

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#1776 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
            • 1,917 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:25 AM

I asked them to shorten the first layer and add another layer near the bottom. Hopefully she gets my message before sending. I zoomed in the picture and the bodice detail looks good to me. I didn't ask them to remove the flower but I like it better without.  Now we'll just see how long it takes to get to Ontario, and how long it takes until I get back to Ontario to check it out.

#1777 mimi73

mimi73
              • 282 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:40 AM

It looks fab, and the changes will make it just that much better. I am very excited for you!

http://tickers.Ticke....8901/event.png

Bride and Groom + 42 guests booked!

#1778 Ginger1961

Ginger1961
                • Banned
                • 253 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:52 AM

Hi there missraven,

No dress yet.  It's been about three weeks since I received notice that it was shipped.  I sent an email to Monica bridal this morning asking them to track it for me as there has been no updates on their shipping site.  According to EMS, it's still in China.

Ginger

Originally Posted by missraven 

Hey Ginger,

I have been a sneaky follower for a while and am dying to see how your dress turned out.. have you got it yet? I am trying to choose between Monica and Gianniar but your dress looks reasonably similar to what I am after so if they do a good job I might send Monica Bridal some pics too..

Thank you  

"He's my Lobster"

#1779 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                  • 1,917 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:01 AM

They may have just generated the shipping info with out sending it. I know I have a shipping notice but she hasn't shipped it yet. I hope she gets back to you tonight.

#1780 roxmysockz

roxmysockz
                    • 418 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:33 AM

How long does Monica bridal normally take to reply to enquiries? x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users