Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#1761 Glowwbug

Glowwbug
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 05:00 PM

Hi there!

I recently had a knock-off made by Milly Bridal and am soooo very happy with it! It's based on the Badgley Mischka "Erica" dress that I fell in love with at Kleinfeld's (but not the $5k price tag!)  I sent them 3 photos that I found online, provided the fabric (which was key), and they made it for $150! I've included photos so you can see the results (though I'd rather wait until the wedding when I'm all dolled up - ha). But I wanted to let everyone know what a great experience I had. If you're thinking about going with them, feel free to email me with questions or for advice. I believe the key to getting a great dress was communicating thoroughly and often (on Skype), and being very specific.

front of designer dress.png2nd fitting - front.jpgBack of designer dress.png2nd fitting - back.jpg

#1762 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
    • 1,917 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 05:20 PM

I love the back, so different and very sexy.

#1763 TheFutureWagners

TheFutureWagners
      • Banned
      • 2,710 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:52 AM

OMG I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome! How did you know what fabric to send and what to give them? I'm SO clueless with this stuff.

#1764 missgomes

missgomes
        • 296 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:16 AM

That is beautiful!!  They did a wonderful job!

#1765 *Linds*

*Linds*
          • 5,776 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:22 AM

wow! Your dress turned out great!!!!!!!! So happy that you had a great experience! Think of all the $$$$ you are saving!

Loving married life! <3

#1766 L&J

L&J
            • 153 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:56 AM

They did an amazing job!  I think providing your own fabric really made a difference

Tensing Pen, Negril Jamaica, November 13th, 2010

#1767 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
              • 1,917 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:38 AM

Slightly Sad My Monica Bridal dresses aren't ready yet. She sent me a message last night to say they would be another day, but she added a tracking number. I really hope I get the pictures tonight. I want to check out the dresses so I can decide if we will use them for BM dresses too.  

#1768 Glowwbug

Glowwbug
                • 17 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:14 AM

Thanks!! I was so nervous about it. I knew it could be the greatest thing or the worst disaster, so I'm glad it turned out ok!

@TheFutureWagners: I did research online to find out what type of fabric the designer used. It was a hammered silk charmeuse, and the texture is what makes it wearable (at least for me!)  It kind of hides any imperfections, whereas regular flat charmeuse would show too much. I'm in NYC, so luckily I have access to all of the fabric stores in the fashion district. I did find stuff online, too. Before I bought the fabric, Milly actually sent me a fabric sample. They were really great.

#1769 missraven

missraven
                  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:19 PM

Hey Ginger,

I have been a sneaky follower for a while and am dying to see how your dress turned out.. have you got it yet? I am trying to choose between Monica and Gianniar but your dress looks reasonably similar to what I am after so if they do a good job I might send Monica Bridal some pics too..

Thank you  

My dress from Monica Bridal was shipped today.  Can't wait to see it.  This is the one I ordered. Except I changed the neckline to a sweetheart.  Crossing my fingers it turned out.  Ginger

yhst-38702750669041_2119_391729024[1].gifyhst-38702750669041_2119_391785676.jpg

#1770 adcarter41

adcarter41
                    • 188 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:41 PM

Wow! I think I like your dress better than the original!

Originally Posted by Glowwbug 

Hi there!

I recently had a knock-off made by Milly Bridal and am soooo very happy with it! It's based on the Badgley Mischka "Erica" dress that I fell in love with at Kleinfeld's (but not the $5k price tag!)  I sent them 3 photos that I found online, provided the fabric (which was key), and they made it for $150! I've included photos so you can see the results (though I'd rather wait until the wedding when I'm all dolled up - ha). But I wanted to let everyone know what a great experience I had. If you're thinking about going with them, feel free to email me with questions or for advice. I believe the key to getting a great dress was communicating thoroughly and often (on Skype), and being very specific.

front of designer dress.png2nd fitting - front.jpgBack of designer dress.png2nd fitting - back.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users