Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#1641 MArzM

• 35 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:49 PM

Thanks Pamphilla and Cookie.

Yay Lisa!  Can't wait to see it.  FYI that dress is similar to the Two Birds Bridal one which is about 350-400Aus dollars.

Good choice as they actually then can re-wear it!

The twobirds site has info on how too wrap the dress.

#1642 mochamakes3

• 1,917 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:18 PM

Lisa, I will be checking this thread all night looking for your pictures! I am also going to check out the Avon dresses. I ordered a BM dress from Monica Bridal just because I had the $15 off coupon, so we'll see how that works out too.

#1643 Karen&Rene

• 190 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:33 PM

Lol, Mocha, that's what I've been doing too... I'm refreshing this thread every half hour or so.  The anticipation is killing me! 

Lisa, thanks for the info; I'll ask them to create a new listing for me. 

#1644 lisadias

• 1,116 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:35 PM

So I picked up the dress. It's nice, good workmanship, not sure I am happy with the pleating on the bodice as the original dress looks different. I requested different beading and they did a really good job on that. Not able to try it on as I need help getting it done up and i can't reach my girlfriend who lives close so I will have to wait to post pics and a more detailed review. I don't think I will have pics till the weekend. My initial reaction is i think I will order the original but I am going to wait and try it on and see! They are having a trunk sale on maggies in two weeks so i may be able to order the original with a discount and just use this one for the TTD and then sell the original after my AHR.

#1645 Karen&Rene

• 190 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 04:52 PM

Glad to hear about the good quality, but that's too bad that it's different than the photo   What dress did you get again?  I'll be looking forward to seeing the photos!  I am sure it will still look great on!

#1646 mochamakes3

• 1,917 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:04 PM

So glad to hear that the quality is good. I think it will look completely different once you try it on. And I hope it meets all you wishes. I've been to two Maggie trunk shows and the pricing wasn't much different, only about $100. The big thing is that they have a few new dresses. I'll be looking forward to checking out your pics this weekend.

#1647 MArzM

• 35 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:19 PM

I bet it is going to look amazing on Lisa.  When trying things on I found that a lot of the ones that I would never like from looking at looked amazing on.

Is it also worth seeing if a dressmaker can make the changes you want?

#1648 terilina

• 179 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 07:08 AM

Okay ladies, I need your help again...please:)

I don't really know dress lingo, so I don't know if I have described the dress correctly.  I wanted to point out all the different parts so they make it just like the pictures.

Do you think the ruffles at the hip area looks good or should I omit it and have it smooth?

What do you call the draping/bunching part??  Do you think I should have the back just like the picture or should I omit that draping part?  I'm not sure what would look best.

Do you think Monica Bridal could do this?

Lisadias - I hope are pleasantly suprised once you get your dress on!  Can't wait to see it!

Thanks for the help!! 

#1649 Ginger1961

• Banned
                  • 253 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 07:14 AM

It looks like the draping is actually part of the train tucked up in a Reverse Train or a French Train.  I think that's what they call it.  See in your second last photo where she is walking on the sand - the train is dragging behind.  This is how it is tacked up, so to speak so she is not walking on it and it is not dragging.  You'd have to eliminate the train altogether.  Is that what you want?   Then again I could be completely wrong and it is part of the dress.  It's hard to say.  Does this lady make mention at all as to who makes the dress?  You could seek her out via internet and ask who makes the dress.  Then if you have the actual designers photos you can see the details a bit better.  Personally, I love every detail about this dress.  Very different.

"He's my Lobster"

#1650 terilina

• 179 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 07:24 AM

I was wondering the same thing (about the bunching/train).  I do like the train, so maybe I just won't say anything about modifying the bunching and request it just how it is in the picture.

I did alot of searching around on the internet to find the dress or the person in it and came up with nothing.

I wrote "seam" to describe the small ribbon part - is that the correct term?

Thanks so much for your help Ginger!! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users