• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#1611 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
  • Banned
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:39 PM

Ok girls..

a head up...Oct 1 is the national holiday of China, so there will be 1 week of holiday for chinese folks.  Don't freak out if you don't get an answer from your dressmakers.  Of course, for the Canucks, you may also see a lot of Chineses buying houses with 100% cash in Canada in the next week too.

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#1612 MArzM

MArzM
    • 35 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:44 PM

Lisadias I really hope your's will come today!  I'm in Australia and the Auspost tracking system here is great.  It even emailed me regarding the item giving a point to point location (including when the postman had attempted to deliver it and I wasn't home!).

So, I just picked it up and tried it on and it is amazing!!! I am so so happy.  I of course went to grab the camera and just my luck the fiance has it!  As soon as possible I will put pics up including of the detail.

You know how I had originally planned to change the lace?  Well, in person it is amazing so I'm actually going to leave it.

They really went the extra step too with putting things like that elastic strip that holds you in place at the top, the little hooks at the top of the zip behind the false buttons etc.  The boning is also secured in place so it doesn't move.  Plus, they added a few touches I like such as adding some light beading to the lace which just sparkles lightly at certain angles.

In terms of alterations, I was expecting to need to have it lots of adjustments but it fits almost perfectly :)  Ill probably only just get the chest taken in a bit because I wasn't exactly blessed in that department lol.  But otherwise it is perfect.

Now to just find some shoes to match!

I'm so excited and happy with it,  yay

#1613 lisadias

lisadias
      • 1,116 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:55 AM

Marzm that is fantastic news. I am so happy for you! Can't wait to see the pics. I am not a very good measurement taker so I am sure that mine won't fit exactly but i was expecting to make alterations as it is still just under 7months before my wedding and I still plan on loosing some weight. Fingers crossed that mine comes today!

#1614 MArzM

MArzM
        • 35 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 02:31 AM

Lisadias fingers and toes are crossed yours arrives today!  Its going to be amazing I just know it!

#1615 breeze616

breeze616
          • 1,760 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 05:36 AM

MarzM - Sounds like you are very happy with your dress!! I am so excited to see it!

Lisadias - What shipping company was used in China and do you know who will be delivering it here in Canada?

#1616 lisadias

lisadias
            • 1,116 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:28 AM

They used EMS and I have no idea who it ends up with in Canada. I am assuming it is canada post but I could be wrong.

#1617 lisadias

lisadias
              • 1,116 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:15 AM

Newest update! The dress has landed! It is at Canada Customs in Vancouver! Shouldn't be long now I guess! YAY

#1618 mimi73

mimi73
                • 282 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:28 AM

Yay! I keep checking back to see if you have gotten it yet! Can't wait to see photos!

http://tickers.Ticke....8901/event.png

Bride and Groom + 42 guests booked!

#1619 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                  • 1,917 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:31 AM

Fabulous news Lisadias! I hope mine don't get delayed by the Chinese holiday. Although, I am in Regina for work and won't be home until id November anyways. But at least I will be happier knowing it's sitting at home once it arrives. 

#1620 Monique

Monique
                    • 415 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by lisadias 

Newest update! The dress has landed! It is at Canada Customs in Vancouver! Shouldn't be long now I guess! YAY

OMG..I'm so excited I feel like a kid at Christmas...(I'm such a nerd) but I can't wait till you post pics!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users