Jump to content

Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here


  • Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#1501 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,917 posts

    Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:06 PM

    I think it's worth the risk and will be placing my order sometime this week with Monica Bridal. Worst case it will make for a fabulous TTD.



    #1502 jszy10

    jszy10
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,192 posts

      Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:46 AM

      Ladies...About a month ago I posted about purchasing a knock-off from BeiBei2010 on Ebay.  I received the dress and almost cried!  It was awful!!!!  I am a size 6 and it made me look like a size 16.  It was so thick all around and there was boning (sp?) in the dress where the shouldn't be. The top shown in the picture looks different with the one that I received... :o(

       

      I wrote the woman back because it states on her site that if you are unhappy you can return or exchange it.  I wanted to return it, period.  I was very nice to her and she was so nasty!! I battled with her all night last night -- she claimed my measurements were wrong and that her website says she will give a refund but it doesn't say "full" refund, so I wouldn't be getting one!!!  I finally explained to her that I would be opening up a dispute with Ebay and Paypal and continued to do so.  She wrote back and completely changed her tune! Too late, I already opened a case.  She is finally agreeing to give me a full refund upon receipt of the dress.

       

      Ugggghhhh!!!!!  This was the picture of the original...what I received did not make me look anywhere near this... (sorry I have no pictures of me in it)

       

      142.jpg



      #1503 Lolita29

      Lolita29
      • Jr. Member
      • 426 posts

        Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:33 AM

        Honestly with Monica Bridal you CANT go wrong. I rave about them every chance i get. Had i found them before i purchased my wedding dress i would have FOR SURE gone the knock off route. But i found them too late.

         

        Originally Posted by mochamakes3 

        I think it's worth the risk and will be placing my order sometime this week with Monica Bridal. Worst case it will make for a fabulous TTD.





        #1504 Lolita29

        Lolita29
        • Jr. Member
        • 426 posts

          Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:37 AM

          I am SOOOO SORRY to hear that. That really sucks! On the bright side you will be getting your money back thu. I know knock off's right now probably have a sour taste in your mouth but there are places out there that do do a good job. If you decided to try it again, i hope you have better luck! Monica Bridal would be a good option for you to try and they'll tell you how close to the original they can make your dress and then you can decide what to do from there. Again i'm sorry about you horrible experience!!!

           

          Originally Posted by jszy10 

          Ladies...About a month ago I posted about purchasing a knock-off from BeiBei2010 on Ebay.  I received the dress and almost cried!  It was awful!!!!  I am a size 6 and it made me look like a size 16.  It was so thick all around and there was boning (sp?) in the dress where the shouldn't be. The top shown in the picture looks different with the one that I received... :o(

           

          I wrote the woman back because it states on her site that if you are unhappy you can return or exchange it.  I wanted to return it, period.  I was very nice to her and she was so nasty!! I battled with her all night last night -- she claimed my measurements were wrong and that her website says she will give a refund but it doesn't say "full" refund, so I wouldn't be getting one!!!  I finally explained to her that I would be opening up a dispute with Ebay and Paypal and continued to do so.  She wrote back and completely changed her tune! Too late, I already opened a case.  She is finally agreeing to give me a full refund upon receipt of the dress.

           

          Ugggghhhh!!!!!  This was the picture of the original...what I received did not make me look anywhere near this... (sorry I have no pictures of me in it)

           

          142.jpg





          #1505 mimi73

          mimi73
          • Jr. Member
          • 282 posts

            Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:46 AM

            I am so sorry to hear that :( That really sucks. It's weird because one of my girlfriends ordered this exact same dress off of ebay (different seller, I guess), and it was beautiful. It was actually the reason why I decided to order a knock-off. I'm glad that you are getting your refund. Sad that you have had such an awful experience
             

            Originally Posted by jszy10 

            Ladies...About a month ago I posted about purchasing a knock-off from BeiBei2010 on Ebay.  I received the dress and almost cried!  It was awful!!!!  I am a size 6 and it made me look like a size 16.  It was so thick all around and there was boning (sp?) in the dress where the shouldn't be. The top shown in the picture looks different with the one that I received... :o(

             

            I wrote the woman back because it states on her site that if you are unhappy you can return or exchange it.  I wanted to return it, period.  I was very nice to her and she was so nasty!! I battled with her all night last night -- she claimed my measurements were wrong and that her website says she will give a refund but it doesn't say "full" refund, so I wouldn't be getting one!!!  I finally explained to her that I would be opening up a dispute with Ebay and Paypal and continued to do so.  She wrote back and completely changed her tune! Too late, I already opened a case.  She is finally agreeing to give me a full refund upon receipt of the dress.

             

            Ugggghhhh!!!!!  This was the picture of the original...what I received did not make me look anywhere near this... (sorry I have no pictures of me in it)

             

            142.jpg




            http://tickers.Ticke....8901/event.png


            Bride and Groom + 42 guests booked!

            #1506 prettypigpig

            prettypigpig
            • Banned
            • 1,034 posts

              Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:42 PM

              Jszy,

               

              Sorry to hear that!  I ordered mine after 2-3 months of lurking and researching (asking for samples of previous works and reviews from past buyers).  My friend also ordered a San Patrick knockoff from Ebay when she was looking for a veil (and ended buy a veil and a dress), and it turned out be her main dress for pictures, and her original LaSposa was not that wow next to her knockoff dress (see pic, it is a San Patrick Paloma replica and she is selling it).  For those who wants a knockoff Pronovias, LaSposa, and Maggie, sarah.bmp


              Bonnie

              Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen


              #1507 Ashleyciv

              Ashleyciv
              • Newbie
              • 107 posts

                Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:04 PM

                prettypigpig,

                 

                Topspartner website looks like they have a very good selection of dresses!! Would u suggest them over Monicas bridal? I havent read any other reviews about his site yet so im just not sure!!



                #1508 mochamakes3

                mochamakes3
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,917 posts

                  Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:18 PM

                  I'm always so thankful for all the information on here! Good luck to all of us that choose the replica route.



                  #1509 prettypigpig

                  prettypigpig
                  • Banned
                  • 1,034 posts

                    Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:44 AM


                    Ashley,

                     

                    They also have a shop on dhgate.com with 100% of positive reviews.  If u want a plain as it is knockoff Maggie, Lasposa, Pronovias...and don't mind to spend $100 more, they are the one to go (good quality as u can see in their actual works).  They are less accomodating than Monica Bridal, so they won't say yes to..change that to this and change that to smth like that...chatting 2 hours online with you to make sure you are totally happy etc.

                    I found Monica Bridal's client service is a bit better, price is cheaper, and I wasn't looking for a Maggie dress because too many brides wear a Maggie, I want smth more unique.  Both of them are manufacturers and they export to Europe and North America as well.

                    Originally Posted by Ashleyciv 

                    prettypigpig,

                     

                    Topspartner website looks like they have a very good selection of dresses!! Would u suggest them over Monicas bridal? I havent read any other reviews about his site yet so im just not sure!!




                    Bonnie

                    Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen


                    #1510 MArzM

                    MArzM
                    • Newbie
                    • 35 posts

                      Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:00 AM

                      Hi all

                       

                      I'm so glad I found this thread as it had lots of great tips.  I'm in Australia, and even a cheap wedding dress here won't cost you under $2500.  So, I found one I really like and though and decided to go with storeofdress.com .  I figured it was worth a shot given that the dress I like would cost $4000 if I got it in Australia.  Plus our destination wedding isn't till next May so I have time if it isn't nice.

                       

                      So here is what I sent them:

                       

                      And here are the preliminary pictures:

                       

                       

                      Anyway, have asked them to make some changes, such as lengthening the white silk so the lace is only exposed on the one side of the dress. I also asked them if they had any softer lace and to double check the length at the front.  But for the most part it looks good.

                       

                      Their service has been prompt helpful.  Ill post the revised pics when I have them, but thought others may appreciate a review as I found few of them when I was looking.

                       

                      Marcelle






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users