Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#1471 Michelle-2

Michelle-2
  • 310 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:34 AM

I agree with you on this - I went to try on styles that I totally loved in pictures and when I actually put them on it was not at all what looked good on me!  I am still searching for "THE" dress.  I am getting so discouraged!  Taking into consideration that this is my second marriage, it's going to be on the beach (and hot) and I am really not going to have many guests or any big celebration there, it is making it so difficult to  find something that is "appropriate" and that I love.  But I am still looking!

Originally Posted by prettypigpig 

Monique,

I would recommend you to goto a bridal store and try on different style of dresses before buying one online based on the model pic.

A lot of brides who ordered online got disappointed because the reality is a bit far from what they imagined at the beginning.  Sometimes, they said..never a mermaid style, and found out after a trial session that..they look the best in mermaid style!  I tried on numerous of tons of dresses and got very discourage (due to the ugly styles and my super tiny body that doesn't fit in a size 10 sample dress) before I decided to order online with a chinese dressmaker.

If you find a designer dress that u like at a deep discount at a bridal store like in a sample sale, just get it (if it is within ur budget)!  So that u can have a peace of mind.  Because order online is risky, and can make you very nervous.

Beaches Turks & Caicos - October 21, 2011

#1472 Monique

Monique
    • 415 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 06:29 AM

Thanks Prettypigpig,

I was just talking with my sister and she said the same thing...she told me not to look at anymore and that we would go to the stores to look and try on... You're so right...how far in advance did you order/get your dress...we're not getting married until August of next year so there's time to lose weight and what ever else...?

Monique,

I would recommend you to goto a bridal store and try on different style of dresses before buying one online based on the model pic.

A lot of brides who ordered online got disappointed because the reality is a bit far from what they imagined at the beginning.  Sometimes, they said..never a mermaid style, and found out after a trial session that..they look the best in mermaid style!  I tried on numerous of tons of dresses and got very discourage (due to the ugly styles and my super tiny body that doesn't fit in a size 10 sample dress) before I decided to order online with a chinese dressmaker.

If you find a designer dress that u like at a deep discount at a bridal store like in a sample sale, just get it (if it is within ur budget)!  So that u can have a peace of mind.  Because order online is risky, and can make you very nervous.

#1473 breeze616

breeze616
      • 1,760 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:42 AM

Congrats Lisa on ordering your dress!

And Mocha that's awesome about the photographer! I hope your Mom goes for that!! :D

I just emailed Gianinar about my dress and they said the alterations would be complete in two days and they would send me more pics! Yay!

#1474 lisadias

lisadias
        • 1,116 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:05 AM

I love the dress you picked and can't wait to see the final product on the bride to be!!! I ended up going with Monica Bridal as the communication was better with them for me.

#1475 Lolita29

Lolita29
          • 426 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:19 AM

Lisa, I'm soo glad to hear you went with Monica Bridal! i honestly don't think you'll be disappointed! They did a Fab job on Bonnie's dress and on my BM dress. I will be using them again in the near future!!! Cant wait to see pics!!

#1476 lisadias

lisadias
            • 1,116 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:22 AM

Thanks Lauren! It was because of you too that I went with them! They were so patient with all my questions and requests. Now the waiting anxiously begins! :)

#1477 Monique

Monique
              • 415 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:29 AM

Lisadias,

how did you find Monica Bridal on DH gate...?

#1478 lisadias

lisadias
                • 1,116 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:45 AM

The seller name is wywedding. Here is the link to the item number for my dress. you should be able to find them this way.

http://www.dhgate.co...cbace10d13.html

Good Luck!

#1479 brendak61

brendak61
                  • 11 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:11 PM

Both dresses are part of the MaggieSottero Destinations Collection, retail at around $1000 USD, made in China (that is why you see them on all replicas websites).

I purchased the one on the right from luxrosebridal in China - it is beautiful, but too small for me!  It's a size 12 with a corset back...if you are interested in it, I am willing to sell it for what I paid, $120.  Pics attached...msdhgate1.jpgmsdhgate2.jpgE

#1480 Monique

Monique
                    • 415 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:08 PM

Thanks lisadias....I was searching with no luck but having a ball looking at all the dresses....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users