Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#1441 lisadias

lisadias
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:36 PM

so happy to hear you are enjoying your dress before the big day! I am sooo glad you posted them also cause now I can't wait to enjoy mine. I hope i am as happy with mine as you are with yours!

#1442 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
    • 1,917 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:43 PM

prettypigpig - I think I will be doing the same! I keep having visions of that Friends episode when all the girls are wearing wedding gowns just hanging out.

#1443 rachel112233

rachel112233
      • 20 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:35 PM

i think alot of people question the quality of dresses made over seas. Just look at their previous work and feedback. I personally think alot of over seas dress work is better

#1444 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
        • Banned
        • 1,034 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 06:20 AM

Mocha..

LOL.  Seriously, it is hard to not..try it on..sigh!   I think I need to buy another dress for TTD or AHR or some other excuses, so I can spread my trials among dresses instead of just one dress.

Rachel,

I agree with you on this.  All the Maggies, Pronovias, LaSposa, San Patrick are MADE IN CHINA.  Thus, they are oversea dresses as well, but brides pay a $700-$1000 premium on quality control.

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#1445 Furby623

Furby623
          • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:08 AM

I am totally in LOVE with this dress by Jasmine.

http://www.jasminebr...j_line_season=S

I love the details but I don't know if oversea sellers could make the dress with this quality.

I really don't want to spend more than $1000 for the dress and alteration - to get the real dress. But I know I definitely need to bodice taken in, length shorten, and possible change it to corset back.

Do you think Monica Bridal or other seller could make this dress with this quality?

#1446 cookiemunchkin

cookiemunchkin
            • 376 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:08 AM

You ladies have conviced me to contact Monica Bridal... so I did :). The dress I want is so simple that I cant justify spending the $1200 it would cost to buy directly from Maggie Sottero. 

I love this forum!  :)

#1447 missy&eric2011

missy&eric2011
              • 267 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:42 AM

I totally would have been doing the same...so for the sake of keeping it clean...I sent it to one of my BM houses! 

I almost cried putting it in the trunk of her car!!! 

so happy to hear you are enjoying your dress before the big day! I am sooo glad you posted them also cause now I can't wait to enjoy mine. I hope i am as happy with mine as you are with yours!

#1448 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
                • 1,917 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:40 AM

cookiemunchkin - which style are you ordering? Did they offer to add a free veil or petticoat?

#1449 breeze616

breeze616
                  • 1,760 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 06:21 PM

Bahahaha Missy!! " I picture it twirling through the air!" I would so do that too!

That reminds me of that paper towel commercial where the lady throws the wedding gown on the KITCHEN counter... I don't care what kind of paper towels you use lady WTF are you doing?! 

#1450 cookiemunchkin

cookiemunchkin
                    • 376 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:58 AM

There's actually 3 or 4 that I'm torn between lol.  The one I like the most is in the destination collection, with a removable one-shoulder strap that reaches over both sides of the neck.  Hard to explain, I'll try to post a pic later :)

Originally Posted by mochamakes3 

cookiemunchkin - which style are you ordering? Did they offer to add a free veil or petticoat?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users