Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#1331 Eden

Eden
  • Banned
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:00 AM

Heh... I can't afford high-end dresses. Our combined budget for apparel for the two of us is only $300. I'm 21 and he's 23, so money is tight and we want money left over in our bank accounts without needing to take out a loan. That's why I wanted a custom-made dress from China in the first place - not only can I get exactly what I want (which, so far, I haven't found a single wedding dress even remotely close to what I want), but I can do it within our budget!

#1332 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
    • Banned
    • 1,034 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Eden 

Heh... I can't afford high-end dresses. Our combined budget for apparel for the two of us is only $300. I'm 21 and he's 23, so money is tight and we want money left over in our bank accounts without needing to take out a loan. That's why I wanted a custom-made dress from China in the first place - not only can I get exactly what I want (which, so far, I haven't found a single wedding dress even remotely close to what I want), but I can do it within our budget!

Totally understandable, life continues after wedding.  I know so many people who got indebted because they overspent on their wedding.  You can goto the local bridal shops to try out which style you like the most, then shop online.

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#1333 wendyjd

wendyjd
      • 968 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by RunningBride24 

Here they are! As you all know, it's difficult to take a picture of yourself, lol! I was trying to do it before FI got home. The dress is about 2 sizes too big, but I guess it's better than being 2 sizes too small! I couldn't be happier! I had to post the last picture because that is the package the dress came in! I was terrified! But they did an amazing job!

IMG_0495.JPGIMG_0496.JPGIMG_0486.JPGIMG_0481.JPG

Freaking awesome dress.  Can't wait to see it when it fits.  Amazing that it fit in the tiny package!!!

#1334 lisadias

lisadias
        • 1,116 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 07:44 PM

I am thinking of doing the same thing and ordering a knock off for my TTD. Does anyone have any experience with DHGATE seller name Faithfully? Any recommendations from any other seller would be appreciated. i am thinking of getting the sottero and midgley ssm5161 which is very similar to the Maggie Joanna dress. I am still torn between buying the joanna or the ssm5161. i also love the Maggie AD3300 but it is a soft satin and i think the other two would be more beachy as they are chiffon. Any thoughts?

#1335 jszy10

jszy10
          • 1,192 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:33 AM

I just purchased my TTD knock-off dress...I found it on ebay for $100 - free shipping.  I ended up ordering it because there were other girls who left good reviews for it, and I emailed one of them just to make sure it lived up to the picture, and she said it did.  They custom make the dress to exactly your measurements -- so that was nice.  I chose a corset back, so that will help make sure it fits good too.  I can't wait for it to come it.  Here is what it looks like...I will share the real thing when it comes in!!

142.jpg

#1336 Michelle-2

Michelle-2
            • 310 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:38 AM

LOVE that dress!!!!  Which ebay seller did you order from?

Beaches Turks & Caicos - October 21, 2011

#1337 jszy10

jszy10
              • 1,192 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:48 AM

Thank you! (if that was directed at me?) I do too!! I ordered it from "beibei.2010" .. She has it up for sale now at $108.00 - free shipping. You can have it corset back or zipper.  She also has many other designs.  She has great reviews, so I decided to go for it.

Here is the link:  http://cgi.ebay.com/...Wedding_Dresses

#1338 Michelle-2

Michelle-2
                • 310 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by jszy10 

Thank you! (if that was directed at me?) I do too!! I ordered it from "beibei.2010" .. She has it up for sale now at $108.00 - free shipping. You can have it corset back or zipper.  She also has many other designs.  She has great reviews, so I decided to go for it.

Here is the link:  http://cgi.ebay.com/...Wedding_Dresses

Yes, it was directed to you   Thanks for the info, I'm going to check out their dresses.

Beaches Turks & Caicos - October 21, 2011

#1339 Lolita29

Lolita29
                  • 426 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:17 AM

lisadias- I purchased a bridesmaid dress from Monica Bridal and they did a FAB job on it

Here's the link to the dress i purchased

http://www.dhgate.co...ee68ae0854.html

#1340 Eden

Eden
                    • Banned
                    • 15 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:20 AM

That's a beautiful dress, jszy10! Let us know how it works out.

Has anyone had any experience with liangff1982? She has great reviews, and apparently has her own wedding dress line in China. Her prices are slightly less than Gianinar, too. With our budget, every dollar counts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users