• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#121 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:33 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jacilynda
    Melissa did you email her and hear back?
    I did! Im waiting to hear back from her a second time. She did say she could make the dress with the alterations I wanted and get it to me in time. They have a 8 day holiday coming up so she was a little concerned about that time.

Im waiting to see if she could give me estimated dates, and decide from there. Im second guessing the dress I showed her due to time constraints and I havent tried the actual dress on, but have tried on a similar style.

Im thinking it may be safe to go with what I know fits my body good with the limited time I have.

#122 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
    • 2,777 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:41 PM

oh good! You know i didn't tryon my exact dress, but tried on some similar by other designers and new what i liked on my body and just loved the dress i got but couldn't find it anywhere. I took a risk and it paid off.

You'll be beautiful in any dress! It's hard to risk it especially on your dress. But I LOVED mine and Island Princess loves hers and ordered another one for her for either her reception or trash the dress i can't remember.

I hope everything works out perfectly!

#123 lrdavis23

lrdavis23
      • 876 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 12:52 PM

Just wanted to jump in and say thanks to jacilynda for posting that great dress website I think I may have found my reception dress for a hell of alot cheaper than what I was previously finding.
        Married June 18, 2010 @ Dreams Punta Cana

#124 Island Princess

Island Princess
        • 284 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:00 PM

Heya, Im also getting another 2nd wedding dress from Landy! I will post some pics and let you know how this one also turns out!!

#125 bahamianbride2010

bahamianbride2010
          • 15 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:05 PM

Hi Jacilynda,

Did you ever see pics of Dee83 in her TTD from lightinthebox? I have been trying to search for pics.

#126 **~Linda~**

**~Linda~**
            • 1,326 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:08 PM

TY so much for this post! I browse through the forum more than what I get to actually post on it mainly because, well lol! I guess Im a bit shy still! xD.. Since my FI and I are having a formal wedding in PR and another reception in NY(parents just wanted to have the WHOLE family and their mother to celebrate the ocassion ) I've been looking for a way to save on that second dress and have been overwhelmed with so many different contradicting reviews about all these websites..
              It's awsome to have honest reviews and pictures to go along with it ...TY, Again!

#127 meldal101010

meldal101010
              • 444 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 04:09 PM

I think i'll order my TTD from Light in the box...i'm going to get an inexpensive one, and see how that turns out. If it looks good, then i'll probably go ahead and order my wedding dress from there....you can't really beat the price....

If its not what i want and looks like a choppy job was done, I will DEFINITLEY be buying off the rack :)

#128 roo66

roo66
                • 1,001 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 04:28 PM

Im waiting for dee83 to post her review cos im in love with her trash the dress from liteinabox
                  does she come on her anymore?

#129 KJT1985

KJT1985
                  • 694 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 04:45 PM

Thanks for making me feel at ease with the whole idea of buying a knockoff. I hope to order one myself.

It's just ridiculous what designers charge for their dresses. Maybe they wouldn't lose so much money with brides who buy from China if they'd make their prices a little more reasonable....

#130 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
                    • 3,103 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 01:15 PM

Hey ladies, I just saw today that Light in the Box is having an end of the month sale if anyone is interested :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users